Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all designers!

Originally posted by Pomai
    Sticking with the PIE (PYE) theme and simple geometric shapes (using Photoshop paths), here's my second submission, which I've gotten a favorable response at home...

. . . . . . . . .

personally, i prefer your first design, but that's just me...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Well, I'm finally parked! The website is pyehac.com (I'll work on getting the www part). Hopefully I can get atleast a vote on the graphics and the website itself up to get the ball rolling.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I dunno. all that comes to mind is that cat in the Bell Book and candle Movie.

I would be careful about using basic geometric symbols to convey the image of your business. More and more, logos are being dumbed down and most logos now are just a bunch of lines intersecting and overlapping. Like a drunk playing with colorforms.
        http://www.centex.net/~elliott/1951/colorforms_1951.gif

From the "stuff i don't get about the modern world" file...

Comment

cable needs help but i threw it together this afternoon. made a blue version since your mock site was blue.

Comment

Where was all you guys when the dang UH Logo controversy was going on?

Comment

sorry. wouldn't have helped.

Comment

Dang...you guys are creative! I'm impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040

cable needs help but i threw it together this afternoon. made a blue version since your mock site was blue.
                  Can you send me the .psd file? (assuming you used photoshop)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040

. . . . . . . . . . . .

wow. very nice. did you use photoshop or illustrator to create the cable?

yeah, you guys would have come up with much better designs for the uh logo!
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

so far, I think Kelly has the best idea for your logo.

Adrian, I would think again about putting your phone number on your website. I've learned the hard way that "bots" are constantly searching for ways to contact the sites - the less personal info you put on your site the better. All folks need is an email address. Anything else is out there for the whole world to see - and use for spam and other purposes. but, thats just my own pesonal opinion (and experience with 4 websites!)

Fran
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                        so far, I think Kelly has the best idea for your logo.

Adrian, I would think again about putting your phone number on your website. I've learned the hard way that "bots" are constantly searching for ways to contact the sites - the less personal info you put on your site the better. All folks need is an email address. Anything else is out there for the whole world to see - and use for spam and other purposes. but, thats just my own pesonal opinion (and experience with 4 websites!)

Fran
                        I wouldn't even put an email address and if I did it would be an image...there are way too many spam bots on the net. Personally I like contact forms quite simple to code even for beginners.
                        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                          For some reason, the clients I currently serve don't have an email address (the only exception is aunty lynn - she's connected). Plus, if I don't know that number, I send it to voicemail, where they can leave a message, or call again if its important.

Comment

shaveice: I used photoshop. it's pretty darn easy, too, but I lost my old assorted brush settings and was too lazy to redo them, so I used the default one they had, hence the cable looking more like a zipper

I was doing some other stuff this morning and ran into a t-shirt that spawned this idea. Maybe someone else can run with it (if you like it) as this is more like a sketch rather than something of actual use.

and yes, I <3 franklin gothic.

edit: doc, I sent the psd file to your yahoo address in your profile.
                            Last edited by Kelly0040; July 18, 2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Ah, the semi-universal power icon. I like it! And like shaveice, of Pomai's designs I like the first "P" version better than the abstract wedges. Looks like you've got plenty of ideas to work with, Adrian, and more than a few talented resources to tap.

Comment

I created a poll too choose what font I should go with.

And finally, unless this is the only logo designs, here's a poll to vote on.
                                Last edited by adrian; July 18, 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X