X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Danny Couch Announcements

An added info....

Mr.Danny Couch also sings in that animated movie Mulan .

BTW- My hubby knows Danny Couch, & both of them together works out in the gym.

I think/feel Mr. Danny couch sings very well.

That's F.Y.I.

Aloha.
    Last edited by Serenity; January 30, 2005, 11:26 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Danny Couch was the lead singer of the Ali`is in the early eighties when they were consisitently at or near the top of the listener-voted top-thirty list (long before Radio Free Hawaii did it, KIKI 83 AM had ballot boxes at malls and takeout places all over the island). If you've heard "You are the Best of My Life" or the Ali`is simultaneous cover of Air Supply's "Here I Am" (while Air Supply was in the top ten nationwide with their song, the Ali`is were in the top ten with the same song--it was strange), you've heard his voice.

His stuff since leaving the Ali`is has been mostly unmemorable (except for the song "These Islands," mentioned in the first post in this thread, which you hear twice whenever you attend the City's Sunset on the Beach), 'though I hear he does a pretty good live show.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        His stuff since leaving the Ali`is has been mostly unmemorable (except for the song "These Islands," mentioned in the first post in this thread, which you hear twice whenever you attend the City's Sunset on the Beach), 'though I hear he does a pretty good live show.
        The HVCB paid a pretty penny for that song, and for the assorted gorgeous promo videos it accompanies, so you bet your sweet bippy you'll hear it everywhere. It is quite stirring in an appropriately melodramatic way... and when it would play with the Hawaii scenery video montage on planes as I was coming back to Honolulu after a crazy trip to Asia, it was as much a signature part of "coming home" as "Honolulu City Lights" was of leaving.

Of course, as part of my job, I actually found myself using that very same song in one of our own conference promo videos, and after hearing it over and over, hours every day, for nearly two weeks in editing... well, let's just say it took a while before I could stand to hear it on the radio again.

I saw him live a few years back when he headlined the weekly hula show at the Hale Koa Hotel. Surprisingly energetic, nothing like the "lounge lizard" act I'd been expecting. My in-laws quickly bought up a lot of his stuff, which I guess was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
          An added info....

Mr.Danny Couch also sings in that animated movie Mulan .
          BTW- My hubby knows Danny Couch, & both of them together works out in the gym.
          I think/feel Mr. Danny couch sings very well.
          That's F.Y.I.
          Aloha.

Thank you for your comments on Danny's singing.. Unfortunately Mulan was NOT Danny's work! His songs were going to be used in Lilo and Stitch but Disney changed their minds..
          I do have a full Bio on my website for Danny. And yes Danny is an avid athlete.
          Aloha~ Fanaddicts

Comment

Far from a slump performer!

Originally posted by scrivener
            Danny Couch was the lead singer of the Ali`is in the early eighties
            His stuff since leaving the Ali`is has been mostly unmemorable (except for the song "These Islands," mentioned in the first post in this thread, 'though I hear he does a pretty good live show.

(Danny Couch was the lead singer of the Ali`is) Yes indeed he was, also the drummer. Along with Benny Chong, Bobby King, Joe Mundo and Carlos Barboza. (I have some great collectable photos onboard as well as full music clips, ever from his first group The Rolling Coconuts) Their Album The Aliis won 2 "Hoku Awards" in 1982 for Contemporary Album of the Year along with The Single of the Year; You are the Best of My Life. His "Here I Am" was actually taken from the Aliis for Air Supply.
            (His stuff since leaving the Ali`is has been mostly unmemorable) I have to disagree.. Danny has received the Hoku with the song he wrote at the seasoned age of 12 Danny wrote his first song "From My Heart" which won Song of the Year in 1985. Song of the Year '82 "You Are the Best of My Life" as stated earlier, second for his "From My Heart" in 1985. His (year 2000) award winning Single of the Year; (These Islands) is known world wide. Hawaii Music Awards 1998 presented the Award for Male vocalist of the Year to Danny Couch, "Almost Paradise". The Award for Contemporary Album of the Year: Also went to Danny Couch "Almost Paradise" Best Song "These Islands". The three, Best Song, Best Singer and Best Album of the Year was a sure sign of the future success of this album and single. This beautiful ballad was used as the Theme Song for the '98 Miss Universe Pageant in Honolulu. It was purchased by the State of Hawaii < commercials/video campaign airing on television worldwide, as well as the State of Hawaii incorporating it as it's "Anthem of Tourism/Theme Song."
            His Album "Something to Remember" Hawaii Music Award "Peoples Choice" For "Best Hawaiian Contemporary Album of the Year '2002. "Best Contemporary Album of the Year", as well as nominated for "Best Male Vocalist" In the "2003 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards". "Then and Now" was Nominated: For Hoku's in the Contemporary Album, and Male Vocalist of the Year, '04**categories. He currently is nominated for the Hawaii Music Awards with his new release "I Love Hawaii" The Journey.. Also up again for Peoples Choice Internet Artist of the Year.
            you can vote for both now.. www.hawaiimusicawards.com
            and www.alohajoe.com
            Danny has been awarded the plaque "Most Requested Artist '03 for the Second Year in a row with the HMA. For the year '04 Danny was voted as "Internet Artist of the Year" Through Hawaii Music Awards and promoted through Aloha Joe. Voted on Peoples Choice by his Fans!
            And yes this performer has more energy than any I've seen when he does his show!
            For more information come visit my website.
            Last edited by dannyfanaddicts; February 9, 2005, 04:59 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Surprisingly energetic, nothing like the "lounge lizard" act I'd been expecting. My in-laws quickly bought up a lot of his stuff, which I guess was the point.
              Ah common now, I do have to defend the show at the Hale Koa, and Danny for that matter. The hotel is a military hotel, Danny performed at the Luau for 14 years with minimal pay. When they built the new Garden Showroom they failed to upgrade the sound system, or his pay for that matter. Danny poured out his heart and soul to the croud who adored him, who came back year after year, or multiple times per visit. He is a warm loving person with a caring nature. One who people flock to, wanting to get to know him. He's very personable with his friends. Sure he sells his CD's.. and that's all he sells (HK didn't permit anything else) but he also spends about 11/2 hours after his gig signing autographs and taking photos with his fans. And some he even invites into his Ohana. He no longer performs at the HK, couldn't afford to. He's now in Kona performing by demand at the new Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort and Spa. The Hale Koa loses in the end...loses the best performer they've ever had. Danny also performed at the Princess Kaiulani right after 911 for over a year. This was a free show specifically geared towards the locals, who no longer were allowed in the HK. He truly saw that hotel through some difficult times
              Last edited by dannyfanaddicts; February 9, 2005, 05:13 PM.

Comment

HAWAII MY PARADISE Slideshow

HAWAII MY PARADISE Slideshow
                Danny Couch's original composition, first written for the Miss Universe Pageant and titled "Hawaii Miss Universe." Now rewritten and titled "Hawaii, My Paradise" as the beautiful introduction song to Danny's New Cd.
                "I Love Hawaii" The Journey

Come take this Incredible Journey Across The Sea...
                To Paradise With Him!

We now have a six minute Slideshow bringing paradise a bit closer.
                I hope you enjoy.

http://www.dannycouchfanaddicts.com/...myparadise.htm

Comment

Danny Couch AUTHORIZED FAN CLUB FOR FRIENDS/FANS

Danny Couch FANSITE and ONE AND ONLY APPROVED FAN CLUB
                  Danny Couch - Friends and Fanaddicts I Love Hawaii Too is Danny Couch's Only Designated and Approved Fan Club by Danny in 2001. In existence since 2000 we currently have several hundred members, sharing information, staying in touch with updates and enjoying Danny Couch's music. Our main site proudly debuts his new CDs prior to release with approved music teaser clips. As Stated on our site "All our material Has been/is/will be approved prior to launch" and it is...

Aloha Fanaddicts.. I Love Hawaii Too! Are you a Fan? Original Fan Club '00 Photo display/Message Board for Danny Sign up for messages. Keep current with whats new and happen'n with our favorite artist's career & when it happens. I am inviting you to our Album Site at Smart Groups. This has more information on Danny Couch and is our communication tie for his fans for immediate and latest news via email. A discussion group/communication platform for Fans interested in The Handsome and Talented DANNY COUCH. International Singer, writer, Performer, Producer, Current Hoku Award Winner. Danny Represents the Hawaiian Islands at it's finest. This is geared towards music related subjects only, a more personal view meant for communication, proudly and directly connnected to Danny Couch Fanaddicts Web Site at http://www.dannycouchfanaddicts.com
                  It was started in 2000 Prior to the main website launch when my interest bloomed to do a website for my favorite singer. It's our means to deliver the NEWEST info I get from Danny directly, to you his Fans first. Add to our discussion group as well as upload any appropriate photos to share. Intended to be YOUR PLACE to share your meet and greet photos and meet others who enjoy Danny's music. Feel free to join in our topic, Check out the Photo Albums, Meet and Greet pics sent in from his fans, The Na Hoku Hanohano Awards, As well as other features. Anything news worthy or new updates about our favorite subject will be listed here first, recent/and future event announcements.
                  If you have a meet and greet photo/story please send to Fanaddicts email address, I'd be happy to add it here on our group site or on the main website.

Mahalo for Visiting! This site is BY INVITATION ONLY and always moderated as per request by Danny to protect both our celeb and his fans from the rumor mill. We do our work to introduce Danny's music to his public. "For Love of Danny's Music" not votes or photo publicity.

EMAIL FOR INVITATION or questions. Lea at Fanaddicts@dannycouchfanaddicts.com or visit the site and use JOIN BUTTON

Danny Couch FAN CLUB
                  http://www.smartgroups.com/group/group.cfm?GID=499394
                  SISTAH FAN CLUB
                  http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/DannyCouchFanaddicts/

©Copyright 2000/06, Lea Cook,& Danny Couch FanAddicts, Seattle WA.
                  Last edited by dcfanaddicts; August 3, 2005, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Re: Danny Couch AUTHORIZED FAN CLUB FOR FRIENDS/FANS

Originally posted by dcfanaddicts
                    This site is BY INVITATION ONLY and always moderated as per request by Danny to protect both our celeb and his fans from the rumor mill.
                    Oh, puhLEEEEZE! What a load!

"For Love of Danny's Music" not votes or photo publicity.
                    But, um, you did post here (and tons of other internet sites) begging for votes before the last Hoku awards.
                    Danny is nice lounge singer, but far from the creme de la creme of Hawaiian performers. Do you ever wonder why he never appears on the bills of any of the major concerts or events? He's good, but just good. Just like hundreds of others.
                    Lea, I doubt that you ever read replies to your spam, but in the off chance that you do I have to tell you that I feel you're doing more harm to Danny than good. You constantly spam every internet site that's even vaguely connected to Hawaiian music, and you totally ignore the fact that almost every reply begs you to stop. All you're accomplishing is creating negative feelings about Danny.
                    You seem to be overly obsessed with him, to a point that it appears unhealthy. It's nice that you're a fan, but "fan" comes from "fanatic" and the description of that word is "one having excessive zeal for, and irrational attachment to, a cause or position". It just doesn't seem healthy, and if I was Danny I'd be getting a little concerned. Overly enthusiastic fans turn into stalkers, and that can get bizarre.
                    So we ask you again: PLEASE stop spamming us.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I have to say ditto to LikaNui's post.

Listen. We understand that you love Danny Couch, and that's cool. That's fine. If you would like to discuss your passion for the man and his music, well, let's talk aboout it. We can handle it. I'm overly zealous about some of my favorite musicians, too, so I can relate.

My problem is that you don't want to discuss anything; all you want to do is generate interest in your projects. It's as if you're dropping in on Thanksgiving Dinner bearing nothing but Amway products for us all to sample and purchase, without even joining us at the table or sticking around to see if mom's going to burn the biscuits again ('cause she always does).

Seriously, LikaNui's right. I had a mild interest in Danny Couch's music (I've mentioned before that I really liked his work with the Ali`is) before, but now whenever I hear his name or see his name in print, I just roll my eyes and shudder. I honestly believe that the burden is really on me just to ignore your posts, but when LikaNui spoke up, I thought I'd add my voice, just so you know. If you care, that is.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Danny Couch AUTHORIZED FAN CLUB FOR FRIENDS/FANS

Originally posted by dcfanaddicts
                        Danny Couch FANSITE and ONE AND ONLY APPROVED FAN CLUB
                        well lika, gotta admit some o dis junk is pretty entertaining. such as;

the ONLY approved fan club.
                        yea.
                        I can imagine Jerry Sofa or whatever his name is, sayin;
                        "I want and will approve of only ONE fan club for me!"

Comment

Rude behavior

This isn't the Hawaii I know.. Rude and obnoxious comments. such a shame post has been removed! Mahalo nui loa for your hospitality
                          Last edited by dcfanaddicts; October 6, 2005, 02:28 PM. Reason: removing post

Comment

oh, my eyes! i made the mistake of going to that web site:

http://www.dannycouchfanaddicts.com/...asinHawaii.htm

You owe me for one visit to the lazervision eye doctor.
                            Last edited by kimo55; October 6, 2005, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              oh, my eyes! i made the mistake of going to that web sit. You owe me for one visit to the lazervision eye doctor.
                              your comments are rude and uncalled for.. You got what you want. Showed Hawaii in a poor light. Congrats

Comment

ok, so I am the devil.

(wait: "Cong rats".. . whaaaatareyoucallingme?!)
                                Last edited by kimo55; October 6, 2005, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X