Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on plagiarism?

Originally posted by wikiwiki
    should a copy editor be held responsible?. . .
    You're obviously trying to convince people you're not who you really are, because no intelligent print journalist could ask such an ignorant question.

But I'm still not fooled, RikiRiki. Ho, ho! Carry on.

Comment

Interesting that the lynch mob to fire Ryan was drumbeated by an unwelcome ex-Star-Bulletin writer who defected to the competition. But apparently he fits in well over there, as the Advertiser staff idolize him. Well, at least that's what he says. A print journalist wouldn't make up something like that, would he?

Comment

It's official.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/01/13/n...idgewater.html

Comment

this is a freakin greek tragedy is what this is...

Tim Tim Tim...you pushed Frank into a position he didn't want to be in...he was forced to get rid of one the best entertainment reporters in town - screw it, you were the best - because you were too FREAKING LAZY to attribute or do your own legwork.

Damn it.

But you were wrong...you can't just take someone else's work or information and not attribute it. That list in the paper about questionable stories doesn't include anything...like how you ripped off the confidential sources of one of your fellow SB reporters so you could do a piece in US magazine. Why? Why not attribute and say "according to..."

Probably because magazines don't pay you for something they could have just looked up themselves, right?

Nobody wanted to see you get fired and I was one of the biggest fans of your work. This is just all so damn sad I want to cry.

This was one of my favorite pieces of Tim's work, his profiles of Lingle and Hirono during the governor's race a couple years ago.

http://starbulletin.com/2002/10/31/news/story3.html

Reedemption is a long and lonely path my friend, and believe me when I say I hope eventually you come out on the other side a better man and journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            You're obviously trying to convince people you're not who you really are, because no intelligent print journalist could ask such an ignorant question.

But I'm still not fooled, RikiRiki. Ho, ho! Carry on.
            Yer killin me Nanc..."RikiRiki"...

Comment

Today's TalkStink has a comic strip about the Tim Ryan drama.

Talk Stink Dot Com

Comment

What Paul, homesick awready?

Ryan, how do I change my name? Since I'm no longer editing the Weakly...

Comment

Originally posted by WeaklyEd
                  What Paul, homesick awready?

According to one "Ryan", check Wikipedia...
                  The other "Ryan" might answer your question directly...
                  Jeez...am I getting my Ryans mixed up?

Comment

Originally posted by WeaklyEd
                    Just send me a Private Message via the system, or an e-mail (through my profile). Let me know what handle you want.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Just send me a Private Message via the system, or an e-mail (through my profile). Let me know what handle you want.

And then be sure to introduce him to everyone, Ryan! I wanna know! haahaha
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Sure. Everyone, meet wordclerk, the artist formerly known as WeaklyEd.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                          Sure. Everyone, meet wordclerk, the artist formerly known as WeaklyEd.
                          That admin guy sure has a knack for comedy!
                          @
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

cheeee ho. outed already.

I attended this past HIFF's last event, in which Tim Ryan interviewed Samuel Jackson at the Royal Hawaiian. He made two or three big errors, at one point citing a film that Jackson hadn't even appeared in (shades of "Extras") I think. Jackson pointedly corrected him. I can't help but think about that, the sloppiness in his preparation for his interview.

And I thought the way he profusely thanked his PR contacts in one of his recent columns also had an unprofessional ick factor about it.

Comment

sure is fun kickin' a guy when he's down, eh?!
                              aaahhh... the land of aloha. gotta luvvit!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is the all-time capitol of kicking people when they're down. No need to take pity on the Bulletin, though I am sorry for Ryan and am sure he just picked up a bad habit. I guess I was ok with the monthlong suspension and less so with the termination, but in a world where there are so many people with talent and drive begging for jobs in the field, it's probably a good idea not to develop a cheating habit.

Comment

Working...
                                X