X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New format for 92.7 in Hilo

Originally posted by frank
    Aloha all,

The news will be a local news report, updated hourly during peak listening hours, by a great news veteran, whom is known for getting it right and getting it!

I doubt if the news voice we all hear will be unfamiliar.

Frank
    Rick Hamada is a great news veteran?

Comment

Originally posted by frank
      We have come to learn that Alan Oda (our PD) is a genius...
      You've only come to realize that now?

Comment

Originally posted by kimohalliway
        Rick Hamada is a great news veteran?

Hey Kimohalliway, better watch out I put a national political statement in a local political thread and was "reminded" as to where to post certain threads by Admin.

Anyway I wonder who'll be the next news voice for KWHI? Great News Veteran: Hmmm Bob Sevey? Now he was a great news veteran. Courtney Harrington? Well he's good and with the new administration coming in at City Hall he may be looking for a new job. Bill Thompson: He's good too but keep the post it's away from him he loves a good outbound memo(s).

Or is it a female? There's a ton of em out there that could fill the position but too young to be veterans. Then there's the ones old enough to be veterans and are great too like Erika Engle! Now that would be a nice fit into KHWI. Sorry Erika didn't mean to say you're an old fut just a seasoned news fut Gee Frank who's it gonna be!
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 4, 2004, 06:45 AM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          Hey Kimohalliway, better watch out I put a national political statement in a local political thread and was "reminded" as to where to post certain threads by Admin.

Anyway I wonder who'll be the next news voice for KWHI? Great News Veteran: Hmmm Bob Sevey? Now he was a great news veteran. Courtney Harrington? Well he's good and with the new administration coming in at City Hall he may be looking for a new job. Bill Thompson: He's good too but keep the post it's away from him he loves a good outbound memo(s).

Or is it a female? There's a ton of em out there that could fill the position but too young to be veterans. Then there's the ones old enough to be veterans and are great too like Erika Engle! Now that would be a nice fit into KHWI. Sorry Erika didn't mean to say you're an old fut just a seasoned news fut Gee Frank who's it gonna be!
          Craig! Im telling you it is Rick Hamada...

Comment

Well it's kinda out now that Gina Lee and Scottie B are covering the drive times, Rick Hamada doing news...nah but I'd like to hear a news capsule at the top and bottom just so I can stay informed as to whether the rest of the world is still alive.

Even if it's not a local news, ABC does have it's news at the top, sports at the :15 after and a news brief at the bottom.
            Hi Craig, just wanted to clarify a few things...ummm...Gina-Lynn is my name, not Gina Lee (I guess I need to work on my pronunciation). And as far as CC affiliations, well I haven't been with CC since 1998, actually I can't even remember if it was CC at that point. And I have been living in Hilo since last September, I'm not feeding in from Pocatello, Idaho ha ha Any jocks that used to sit in on Alan Oda meetings knows exactly what I'm talking about...
            Ok, that's all...Gina Lee...uhh...I mean, Gina Lynn out

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              You've only come to realize that now?
              Yea Frank! You're only realizing this now???!!! Geezzz... hee hee j/k I like taking compliments for my husband since he's not on the threads ha ha

Comment

Hi gang,

Just wanted to say one more thing...thanks for the great responses and feedback! I'm sure Frank agrees when I say that we are all excited about the new format and to be giving the Big Island something that it was missing for a very long time. As far as the music format, good music is good music and we don't like to put ourselves in a box. We've got everything from rock, pop, rap, R & B and all things in between. I think what tends to happen to people in the radio industry is that we forget what it's really all about for the listeners...music. Rewind to the time before you got into the industry, you listened to a station not because it was labeled a certain format, but because you enjoyed the music. And I really hope that the people in East Hawaii are enjoying the music. They don't have to enjoy my talking ha ha Just ignore that part...
                Alright, hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks again!

Comment

so who's running the insurance company?
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

so who's running the insurance company?
                    OMG! The insurance company!!!! I gotta go!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X