• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC

Thanks LM!
    Lovena

Comment

Tonight's episode makes mention about Star Trek "redshirts".

And I thought Charlie would become one.

In any event next week is repeats, for me this is good because I missed it the first time.

Comment

I'm getting really frustrated that we don't know Hurley's backstory yet.
        I wonder if the steel box is a coffin. If the Frenchwoman's colleagues all died of illness, maybe they got buried inside to avoid spreading the disease?
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Only that we got Hurley's is a backgammon player. And don't forget Kate's mention of going deer hunting with her dad.

Comment

Well, we're going to be in re-run territory until next year. If you missed it, the Star-Bulletin had a nice feature on the female cast members in its Sunday edition:

The Ladies of Lost
            Emilie de Ravin and Maggie Grace extend common bonds even after filming stops
            Tim Ryan, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Sunday, December 12, 2004
            Like [Evangeline] Lilly, who plays Kate on "Lost," her castaway co-star actresses -- Yunjin Kim (Sun), Emilie de Ravin (Claire) and Maggie Grace (Shannon) -- said they felt like survivors upon arriving in Hawaii. "None of us came here knowing the place or anyone," said Kim, 31, a respected actor in her native Korea. "So the cast, out of need, became very, very close very, very fast. Real castaways of sorts. What I didn't imagine was that we would all get along so well. That's lucky. It would have been hard to be here without friends and family and not like each other."

Comment

Anyone watching the re-runs? We caught part of the pilot last night. In even that small segment, something that seemed insignificant then seemed curious now: Jack tells Kate of the one time he experienced true terror, in the operating room, where he made a mistake and cut something he shouldn't have and (presumably) could have lost the patient.

In light of the more recent revelations of what he did to his father and why, the tale seems more than just a setup for "counting to five" in the forest chase that follows...

Comment

Saw the re-run on Wednesday night, however I came home about 7 minutes after the episode started, they was on the ground already and the credits for the cast was on.

The part I found that was strange was when they picked up the automated signal from the French woman which Sayid said was on for 16 years. Thing is what kind of power source last for 16 years?

Comment

Ah, "Lost" is back. How I missed it so!

Another Kate episode, which gives us one big answer in exchange for another big question. The Kate/Sawyer battle was particularly enjoyable, as was the Sawyer/suitcase battle (why was the manufacturer Halliburton, I wonder? Heh.).

Overall, a very pensive, 'character' based ep, but from the trailer for next week, it looks like we're getting back to the action/horror side of the show.

My mom identified the bank location immediately - the First Hawaiian Bank downtown on S. King, not the HQ but more Chinatown side. Probably the only bank with that old-style interior, wood teller terminals with bars and everything. Some of the forest scenes looked like Manoa/Waahila. Not sure where that waterfall is, though.

Comment

I believe the waterfall scene was shot at Waimea Falls Park, with the underwater segments probably shot at the state's film studio where they have a big indoor pool or something that was built for Baywatch Hawaii a few years back.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Re: "Lost" on ABC

Re: Halliburton

Perhaps this is why. Who knew?
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Did they ever air the repeat of the episode where they buried the marshal?

What's the story behind Shannon? The way she acts makes Sawyer looks good at times.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          My mom identified the bank location immediately - the First Hawaiian Bank downtown on S. King, not the HQ but more Chinatown side. Probably the only bank with that old-style interior, wood teller terminals with bars and everything.
                          The bank location is just across the street makua from the place where they did walkabout tour office where we find out that Locke is in a wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                            Re: Halliburton

Perhaps this is why. Who knew?
                            Wow those cases ARE really tough! However, all the Halliburtons I saw were combination locks! I didn't see any needing keys. (grin) Guess it's not as exciting to say the combination is written in the marshall's wallet!
                            Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

How's about that? Product placement on a tropical island! Very interesting.
                              Originally posted by helen
                              What's the story behind Shannon? The way she acts makes Sawyer looks good at times.
                              Her backstory is coming up. From the promo for next week's episode, it looks like she's at least got a prominent plot point or two.

Her character is so obviously positioned to be disliked, that even I'm hoping she's the first "main character" to bite the bullet. Of course, that's why I imagine she'll be among the last one standing. She may even be redeemed at some point.

Given how the show goes out of its way to have ambiguous characters (no one is purely honorable, no one is purely evil), there's lots of room for other characters to take turns being the outcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X