This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tanya boyd joachim

Absolutely a compliment. Especially when you consider that's an actual award category at the Teen Choice Awards & people like Ashton Kutcher win for things like "Choice Male Hottie." Just joking about the 'no comment' from Mr. Joaquin.

Comment

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Maybe he should be addressed that way when in the context of military issues. When he's not dealing with the military then maybe you can call him Mr. President or "asshole" as one bystander called him when he was being interviewed after Katrina.
      Craig, you da' man! That's hilarious!

Imagine if the president visited ohh. say.. Waianae or Waimanalo.. and da' locals would say to him, "Eh howzit Braddah' Joj'! (pidgin english version of "George").

I bet in some hick town he's simply refered to as "Double-Ya" (as in George W. Bush). "Hey therr' Double'Ya.. good da' meecha'.. Now gedd dur dunn!".
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: tanya boyd joachim

Originally posted by Tannya Joaquin
        Absolutely a compliment.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

KHNL exodus?

What's Jodi up to?

I read that Lyle Caldeira quit. Where is Diane Ako? I haven't seen her for a few (?) weeks. Did she quit, too? Is there some mass exodus at KHNL? Does anybody know why?

Comment

??? Have you been watching the correct channel? I just saw her this past weekend.

Comment

Another hottie besides Tannya is Diane Ako and I sometimes see her on the K5 early newscast at 9pm. So yes she is definitely still around.

Jodi left the station a month ago (to pursue other interests including theater) and I believe cant work at another local station for 6 months to a year.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                Another hottie besides Tannya is Diane Ako
                Diane Ako seems pretty popular on this DB as a "Board Certified Hottie".

There's a popular (now closed) HT thread dedicated to the subject here: News Beauties in Hawaii

Definately good reading if intrested in the topic of "Who's HOT (looking) and who's not" in local broadcasting.
                Last edited by Pomai; September 28, 2005, 08:57 PM. Reason: link didn't work on original post
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

i guess it just goes to show that hotness is in the eye of the beholder. she's pleasant, etc. but when i look at her, my pulse doesn't get any faster. definitely not meant to be a put down; just how i feel. obviously, there are those who feel differently.
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Re: tannya joachim

Originally posted by wifeofchrees
                    Hi Tannya,
                    I must write and apologize to you for starting all of this. I didn't know the behind the scenes circumstances so when I heard you address Dr. Kalani by his first name only it sounded very disrespectful. My apologies.
                    Look who suddenly changes his tone. How about you call her names like you did before. I love watching someone get caught with the hand in the cookie jar.

Comment

Originally posted by ladat
                      Look who suddenly changes his tone. How about you call her names like you did before. I love watching someone get caught with the hand in the cookie jar.
                      I personally feel it takes GUTS and CLASS to admit an ERROR, MISTAKE, and issue an apology. Especially one in Public.

Auntie Lynn

PS. You must get your hand stuck in your pants often...Lil'dat!
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 28, 2005, 09:51 PM.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

While watching Guy Hagi's (he's the best IMO) weather report, I notice he seems so uncomfortable when he talks to Kim. It's almost like she makes him "practice" thier on air banter at home before coming to work. He seemed a lot cooler when he was at News 8. I guess working with your spouse 5 days a week...then seeing her at home is getting to him.
                        No wonder he goes surfing.... she hasn't taken it up yet
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                          I guess working with your spouse 5 days a week...then seeing her at home is getting to him.
                          Hasn't seemed to hurt Gary Sprinkle and Pamela Young.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Pretty soon, Kim Gennaula will have a new co-anchor, Keahi Tucker. What do you people think about this?? I'm kinda used to her anchoring the news by herself ...and does anyone know what will happen to Jade Moon? Is she going to do reporting now that she's being replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              I personally feel it takes GUTS and CLASS to admit an ERROR, MISTAKE, and issue an apology. Especially one in Public.

Auntie Lynn

PS. You must get your hand stuck in your pants often...Lil'dat!
                              What are you talking about? That's a pretty disgusting joke coming from you...

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                                While watching Guy Hagi's (he's the best IMO) weather report, I notice he seems so uncomfortable when he talks to Kim. It's almost like she makes him "practice" thier on air banter at home before coming to work. He seemed a lot cooler when he was at News 8. I guess working with your spouse 5 days a week...then seeing her at home is getting to him.
                                No wonder he goes surfing.... she hasn't taken it up yet
                                As I see it...and I could be very wrong...the local morning news shows are more 'talk story', more casual and the evening news is a bit more 'formal', for lack of a better word. Tannya, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, I like both Guy and Kim so won't comment on their personal or professional relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X