• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tannya joachim

Just a reminder here to stay on topic.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: tannya joachim

the banter on the local stations these days seems to be getting smarmy-er and forced...i'm sure it comes from above that anchors appear to share an on-set comaraderie, but when it doesn't work, it's uncomfortable to watch...and joe moore's glib, on-air moralizing is nauseating...kanoa leahy is better at off-the-cuff stuff than anyone else in the news here...i won't be surprised if he's offered a gig in another market somewhere...nor would i be surprised if he passed it up...

as far as kim and guy go, both are fine at their jobs (hagi is certainly the best in this market), but leave the cutesy home life stuff at home...it makes me wonder how many other husband and wife duos are on the same newscast in the rest of the US markets...

what bothers me most is the level of abject incompetence of some of the anchors here...it's not necessary to name names here, because anyone who watches the news regularly should know exactly to whom i'm referring...it's disgraceful...
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

I don't like it when they make it appear as if they are giving the news to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Hasn't seemed to hurt Gary Sprinkle and Pamela Young.
          yeah but Guy's is doing Kim's old job. I wouldn't wish that on any husband.
          Last edited by alohabear; September 30, 2005, 06:12 AM. Reason: oops!
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            As I see it...and I could be very wrong...the local morning news shows are more 'talk story', more casual and the evening news is a bit more 'formal', for lack of a better word. Tannya, please correct me if I'm wrong.
            I've anchored morning & evening shows, and there are definite differences. Morning newscasts do tend to be more casual. For one, you have a lot more time so you can chat more, squeeze in interviews, and include feature segments in addition to the news of the day. Also, people are just waking up so the tone of morning news in general is lighter. Evening newscasts have a stricter format because you have a lot more dayside reporters, all trying to tell their stories in about 1:15-1:30. If you have chatty evening anchors, that could lead to dropping stories. Producers grow accustomed to their anchors' style so many build in time for co-anchors or anchor & reporter to 'talk story.'

Comment

Thank you Tannya, most interesting. I had the pleasure to be interviewed by Tina Shelton that featured my three children at the start of the War. After a month, I was featured on the morning's show with Malolo...that was an experience in itself! Getting up at 4:00 am, preparing and making sure everything were in order. Camera's rolled and trying to look all casual and calm. My hat and applause to you and everyone in Hawaii TV News. It takes more than brains to be on stage...it takes guts, personality and style!

Aunty Lynn
              mom three soldiers
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Diane Ako

Originally posted by Ra-Di-Oh!
                ??? Have you been watching the correct channel? I just saw her this past weekend.
                My bad. Thank you. I haven't been watching a lot of tv lately. I guess I spaced.

Yes, I like Diane. I also like Joann Shin at KHNL. Now I have to figure out who to watch in the morning if Joann is not on the Today show. No offense to Angela Keen, who seems very competent, pretty, and nice, but my next pick for morning news is now Tannya Joaquin!

Comment

Jade Moon is back on air

I think tonight on KGMB-9 was Jade Moon's first night back on air after the operation to donate a kidney to her dad. I'm glad to see my favorite wahine newscaster back on the air. Hope everything came out OK and her dad is doing well, too.

They also debuted the new weather dood tonight...forget his name.

Did I mention Jade Moon was back on the air? Yay!
                  Last edited by zztype; October 3, 2005, 09:47 PM. Reason: Clarification
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Re: Jade Moon is back on air

Originally posted by zztype
                    I think tonight on KGMB-9 was Jade Moon's first night back on air after the operation to donate a kidney to her dad. I'm glad to see my favorite wahine newscaster back on the air. Hope everything came out OK and her dad is doing well, too.

They also debuted the new weather dood tonight...forget his name.

Did I mention Jade Moon was back on the air? Yay!
                    they have a new weather guy? keahi tucker, the new anchor (he reported yesterday) was on air monday. looks like he will make a good anchor team with kim.

Comment

Keahi started out as an intern at KHON then got a behind the scenes job at KGMB where they let him report after a while. He eventually moved to the mainland where I hear he was doing very well in Balitmore. That's great that he and his wife were able to come back home. He's also married to Barbara Ho, who did a short stint at KHON as a reporter also before going to law school.

Good for you Keahi and Barb! Welcome back!

Comment

Morning Show Shakeup?????

Hoooo! Been off on da mainland for quite a while and just came back to see some different faces in da mornings! Wow! Sports guy has joined Mahealani on KITV and their weatherman Ben has cleaned up his look a little. And when I turned to KHNL there was a big surprise. Who would have ever thought Marvin Buen---- however you spell it and Angela Keen of all people would be there. Looks like da girl either loss some weight or got younger or somethin. What a change from the ho hum (ever growing) Lyle Galdeira!!! They actually have some charisma and the show doesn't seem to be so stale any more. Wasn't Keen on with that Granny Goose some time ago in the mornings? Whatever happened to KGMB's mornings, no more local stuffs?
                        Somebody's shake'n it up at KHNL and I like it, I really like it.
                        Say what you mean and mean what you say....

Comment

Actually the “new” weather anchor (Jeff Booth) has been at KGMB9 for several months now. For those who watch the news on the weekend, they have have seen him provide Honolulu’s “severe weather” for some time now. As for Keahi, he’ll soon be anchoring along side Kim Gennaula. On a side note, despite a several-week-long recovery from donating a kidney to her father, Jade is still strong enough to pen her opinion on the “Bev Harbin” debate. Unfortunately, you only get an excerpt of it on the web. See the current issue of MidWeek for her actual article. Incidentally, I agree with Jade. Harbin didn’t even show up for this week’s downtown neighborhood board meeting, which proves she couldn’t care less about the people she represents.

http://www.midweek.com/this.week/this.week.html

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

aaarrrrggghhhh!
                            local reporters!

KITV
                            news guy just said

"crushed two vert tuh brays" when describing a surfer's injuries.

DUUUMB illiterate people. and these are "professionals"?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              aaarrrrggghhhh!
                              local reporters!

KITV
                              news guy just said

"crushed two vert tuh brays" when describing a surfer's injuries.

DUUUMB illiterate people. and these are "professionals"?!
                              Not dumb. Not illiterate. A mistake that hopefully someone will constructively point out to him. We all make 'em. Name calling doesn't solve 'em. If I'd been able to leave you a piece of cinnamon gum I woulda left this comment and my name, too!!! I rest my case!

Comment

Re: Jade Moon is back on air

Originally posted by newsgroupie
                                they have a new weather guy? keahi tucker, the new anchor (he reported yesterday) was on air monday. looks like he will make a good anchor team with kim.
                                Yeah, but I'm not interested in the new guy...only Jade Moon!

So what? Keahi Dakine goin' "replace" Jade? I don't think so. As soon as they sub her out with him, I switch channels.

Guess I'll go watch Diane Ako instead.
                                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X