X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

Originally posted by TuNnL
    I beg the differ. Guy Hagi and Keahi Tucker surf often. In fact Hagi is the only anchor to publicly state he checks out the size of the surf for himself. (As opposed to relying on the National WX Service which is a bunch of academians locked in an air-conditioned building on UH-Manoa campus)

Talk about integrity!
    Kimo was making a ha-ha! Ya know, as in an anchor sinks so how could it surf?

Regardless, yes, Guy is a longtime surfer. He was kind enough, after the death of my dad (a long time surfer), to take him for his final ride. Guy took time out of his day to fulfill my request even stating it was an honor to do so. I'll be forever grateful to him for his kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
      Are you saying that some of our News anchors are just dead weight?
      if yer anchored, ya can't move. Or most of the time, ya don't.
      nautical law of physics no. 467

Comment

Someone mentioned Diane Ako going through a laughing fit three weeks ago. I remember seeing that and noticing that Paul had to finish one of her scripted segments because she couldn't stop laughing. Later she kept smiling oddly like she was forcing herself not to giggle. Since then, she has been off the air as an anchor. Someone else mentioned that she was admonished by management for her revealing outfits (Shame on management!). She's "had the night off" the last couple of weekends. Should we fear that the hottest (in my opinion) anchor is in trouble? She and Paul are a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodion
          Someone mentioned Diane Ako going through a laughing fit three weeks ago. I remember seeing that and noticing that Paul had to finish one of her scripted segments because she couldn't stop laughing. Later she kept smiling oddly like she was forcing herself not to giggle. [...]
          I'd venture a guess that most every anchor, during his or her career, has fallen victim to a fit of on camera laughter! The Bloopers tv shows are full of 'em. Personally, I get a kick out of it when it happens as laughter is contagious and see it as a problem only if it was to occur on a somewhat regular basis. What's not to like about the humaness of an occasional bout of unscripted laughter!

Comment

Keahi Tucker has a fan in a good friend of mine. She is so charmed by him that she switched from KITV news. Being married and not wishing to let on to her hubby, she blamed it on Paula Akana, telling him that "Paula's been making too many mistakes lately."

Comment

All right folks. Lets be honest here. Rachel Rae does NOT have a fat face. Truth be said, Rachel has a chunky butt LOL thats why she looks to be a little portly. LOL. I guess I would have a chunky butt too if I had $40.00 a day to pig out like how the Food Network gives her. I enjoy watching her show. Now the truth has been told. Let the feasting begin. LOL. Aloha, BigD.

Comment

Anyone else notice on KGMB's recent Kauai flood coverage, They interviewed Kathy(Mueno(sp.)) Thompson a spokesperson for a farm about thier flooding problems. It was nice to see Kathy again.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                  Keahi Tucker has a fan in a good friend of mine. She is so charmed by him that she switched from KITV news. Being married and not wishing to let on to her hubby, she blamed it on Paula Akana, telling him that "Paula's been making too many mistakes lately."
                  Speaking of mr. tucker, where the heck has he been? I haven't seen his pic in the promotions on KGMB anymore and he's not on the anchor desk. and usually if you take vacation or something your co-anchor will say something like "Keahi Tucker has the night off".

I was wondering if he was on Kauai since he's from there and maybe visiting family or even helping out during the tragedy. But Ron Mizutani's from Kauai as well and he's still reporting out there. You'd figure KGMB would tap into Keahi especially for this sort of thing since he knows the lay of the land out there. is he on the mainland maybe? sick? already got a new job? taking care of the baby? somebody ask Erika was the "Buzz" is about this...

Comment

Originally posted by BigD
                    All right folks. Lets be honest here. Rachel Rae does NOT have a fat face. Truth be said, Rachel has a chunky butt LOL thats why she looks to be a little portly. LOL. I guess I would have a chunky butt too if I had $40.00 a day to pig out like how the Food Network gives her. I enjoy watching her show. Now the truth has been told. Let the feasting begin. LOL. Aloha, BigD.
                    It's her mouth! Boy when the Dentist says, "Open Wide" that dentist would have more than enough elbow room to get around in that mouth of hers.

But I love her cooking shows.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                      I beg the differ. Guy Hagi and Keahi Tucker surf often. In fact Hagi is the only anchor to publicly state he checks out the size of the surf for himself. (As opposed to relying on the National WX Service which is a bunch of academians locked in an air-conditioned building on UH-Manoa campus)

Talk about integrity!
                      Guy Hagi got his start doing surf reports over the radio! Sponsored by a surf shop. That's what I love about Guy his weather reports are so straightforward but when he launches into the surf report, oh man is he in his element! He just takes off when it comes to surf.

You go GUY! He's my favorite male TV reporter, as easy going and humble as it gets. He da man!

Comment

I thot the police were the man.

Comment

Originally posted by gavani
                          Sharie is looking more chunky of late...whats up with that?
                          It's her dress that makes her look....um...well...you know...gravity challenged.

It could also be the studio lighting. Their studio lights seem a bit bright and casts some very undistinguishing shadows across their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by sin
                            Speaking of mr. tucker, where the heck has he been? I haven't seen his pic in the promotions on KGMB anymore and he's not on the anchor desk. and usually if you take vacation or something your co-anchor will say something like "Keahi Tucker has the night off".

I was wondering if he was on Kauai since he's from there and maybe visiting family or even helping out during the tragedy. But Ron Mizutani's from Kauai as well and he's still reporting out there. You'd figure KGMB would tap into Keahi especially for this sort of thing since he knows the lay of the land out there. is he on the mainland maybe? sick? already got a new job? taking care of the baby? somebody ask Erika was the "Buzz" is about this...
                            I think I just saw him last week subbing for Kim.

Anyways, I haven't seen Shawn Ching for a while.

Comment

Diane Ako was not in trouble for her laughing fit. She has not been suspended. Quite the contrary. She is in da Philippines on assignment and will be doing several stories along with a half hour special when she returns. Yes, everyone is a buzz about Sharrie. But then again, many folks get that "happy in love" weight. She's not the svelt Sharrie we used to see. I'm told she has a boyfriend who just moved to the mainland. Has anyone noticed her jackets are too tight these days?
                              In fact last week Sharrie was on the air for the 5 and 6 newscasts with no makeup on. I wasn't the only one who called in to the station to ask what the heck happened to her! They said the phones were ringing off da hook. Producers said she came in late because she was with the boyfriend who was visiting from out of town and didn't get da makeup on in time for the show. Nobody's perfect but gotta get da makeup! Woah!
                              Say what you mean and mean what you say....

Comment

Originally posted by tvnut
                                Diane Ako was not in trouble for her laughing fit. She has not been suspended. Quite the contrary. She is in da Philippines on assignment and will be doing several stories along with a half hour special when she returns. Yes, everyone is a buzz about Sharrie. But then again, many folks get that "happy in love" weight. She's not the svelt Sharrie we used to see. I'm told she has a boyfriend who just moved to the mainland. Has anyone noticed her jackets are too tight these days?
                                In fact last week Sharrie was on the air for the 5 and 6 newscasts with no makeup on. I wasn't the only one who called in to the station to ask what the heck happened to her! They said the phones were ringing off da hook. Producers said she came in late because she was with the boyfriend who was visiting from out of town and didn't get da makeup on in time for the show. Nobody's perfect but gotta get da makeup! Woah!
                                Hmmmnnn...that explains the "my hair is messed up cause I'm "busy" look." LOL
                                boyfriend out of town? Don't this girl want some local flavor? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X