X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Farewell Alan Lu

Originally posted by foolish heart
    a reporter from one of the four tv stations is leaving.

dont know who or why-- anyone know?
    I can now officially say that tonight was Alan Lu's final night as a reporter at KGMB. He is leaving the business to join the Honolulu Police Academy. Farewell to one of Hawaii's great local reporters and a genuinely nice guy.

Alan, thanks for choosing to "serve and protect" us. You will be missed. Aloha!

Comment

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

Saluting “Officer” Lu. Good luck on your journey to become one of Honolulu’s finest.
      Attached Files

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

So HE'S the guy!!!!!

I had my suspicions but I had no idea it would be him.

Hats off to him

Comment

Did anyone notice that Sharie looked a bit "old" or atleast pailer on the 5pm newscast? I don't know if it was the food I was eating at the time or what, but she looked like an older asian woman with visible wrinkles. (or maybe I'm bored with the weather). And she seemed a bit low key, not her energetic self today.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Adrian,
            Maybe it's a hard day to do the news, what with it being 9/11. I usually blog with the Tiser girls most of the time but it just feels like one of those quiet, contemplative days to me. I think for many in the news business this could be a real downer of an anniversary and hard to be perky.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              Did anyone notice that Sharie looked a bit "old" or atleast pailer on the 5pm newscast? I don't know if it was the food I was eating at the time or what, but she looked like an older asian woman with visible wrinkles. (or maybe I'm bored with the weather). And she seemed a bit low key, not her energetic self today.
              Maybe it was “nomo time” or “I ran out of makeup” kind of day for her. It happens to the best!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                I say give her a break, what is she 45 or so now???

KalihiBoy

Comment

What's happening in the weather dept today? A few minutes ago, Sharie was shown to be not ready (a couple seconds too early maybe?). A couple of minutes later on KGMB, Guy had to repeat his first few words maybe because of stuttering. I didn't dare to look at KITV, or else I'd see the same thing.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

From a thread which someone mentioned Cindy Paliracio being fired from KHNL (I forgot which thread), I saw her on KHNL again last month (September). She was reporting about this year's elections and the candidates. Did she get hired back or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                      I say give her a break, what is she 45 or so now???
                      Oh my GOD. Ancient!

Push her out to sea on an ice floe!

ROTFL

Comment

I'll be that age in 10 years, I say she looks GREAT for 45. She looks moreso in her late 30's to me.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Is it just me or are you guys tired of Hawaii's news weather segment?? I just want to know the 5-day forecase, rain/sun/storm/flash flood or hurricane. Enough of the "I got to earn my salary mumble-jumble and show off our media technology" already. It's like they spend more time on weather than indepth reporting. Since it's a big turn off, a lot of us viewers are not watching any local news. We read it online or watch CNN. Local news is just a marketing venue these days. Mahalo to their Mainland owners.

And since I'm venting (usually I'm not like this BUT this news topic stings me...sorry), it's time for a big wake-up call to some of our news people.

Joe Bore: Get off your high horse and be more humble. Mr. Aiea grad, who was just a sports anchor before he made it, you're high makamaka attitude is turning us off. A lot of us don't watch you because of your attitude and boring comments. Bob Sevey you-are-not.

Hubby&Wifey on KITV: My gawd you have us all fooled. You both seem to be "people-persons" but in actuality, you're both snobs. Auwe!!! Academy awards here.

Even though she's a family friend, I'm hearing the same concerns for Sharie too. We still have hope for you so pls don't turn into the above...please...

So far the only genuine person I've met is Jodie Leong. She is a true professional, local girl, and people person. She hasn't forgotten her roots. Maikai!! Kim Genaula was friendly too. However, I'm sure she has potential to turn into a real B too. And Guy, enough trying too hard to be a local-guy already. Other than that, you guys are ok. Lyle Galdeira passes the test too.

Haven't met the others but I hope these news people realize that we're still a small island and word gets around that local people DO NOT like others who have ATTITUDE. Heck, you're ONLY in Hawaii so don't act like you're in New York or some other large city. Mahalo for allowing me to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by irol View Post
                            Even though she's a family friend, I'm hearing the same concerns for Sharie too. We still have hope for you so pls don't turn into the above...please.....
                            Haven't met the others but I hope these news people realize that we're still a small island and word gets around that local people DO NOT like others who have ATTITUDE. Heck, you're ONLY in Hawaii so don't act like you're in New York or some other large city. Mahalo for allowing me to vent.
                            If this is the way you post about friends of your family, I'm really interested to see how you will post about enemies of your family.

Comment

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I'm sure Lyle would be tickled to know that someone still has high regard for his broadcast career, which ended a year ago or so when he became a Realtor. And is it possible to both be a local guy and try too hard to be a local guy?
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                                And is it possible to both be a local guy and try too hard to be a local guy?
                                Keahi Tucker?
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X