X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Season of Dog

In Ben Woods' column in the Star-Bulletin this morning, he writes:
    "Not only will Dog Chapman and Beth Smith participate in the awards ceremony for the Race Against Violence 5K run tomorrow, but Beth will run as well."
    The mental image of Beth running is... (pick your own adjective; this space available).

Frightening? Funny?
    Bouncy?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

anyone ever downloads these off bittorents (the internet)?

i'm here in Seoul.. and really want to be watching those shows.. but no access to them here outside of bittorents - and I've only seen a few dubbed into Swedish or something online!

Comment

Anyone saw tonight's episode? I watched towards the end, and they were catching a fugitive near my area of waipahu (the gym/7-11 area). Anyone knows when they shot that episode?
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I am living in a house under construction, but managed to get away to Hawai'i on the Pride of Aloha on Norwegian Lines for a week in Feb. Aloha to all. It was a welcome relief to our life here these days.
          But I digress. . . I heard on CNN that a daughter of Dog the Bounty Hunter was killed in a car accident...in a stolen car, just the day before the wedding. Has anyone heard about this??? It was on CNN, just a few days ago, and they further said that Dog and Beth decided to go ahead with the wedding anyways, because so many preparations had been made. I saw part of the wedding and it was very entertaining, but I had no idea that one of the dog's pups had been killed the day before.
          Anyone who knows about this, I would be interested in any news.
          Mahalo
          Claudia
          Last edited by ojosverdesdegato; May 23, 2006, 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ojosverdesdegato
            I am living in a house under construction, but managed to get away to Hawai'i on the Pride of Aloha on Norwegian Lines for a week in Feb. Aloha to all. It was a welcome relief to our life here these days.
            But I digress. . . I heard on CNN that a daughter of Dog the Bounty Hunter was killed in a car accident...in a stolen car, just the day before the wedding. Has anyone heard about this??? It was on CNN, just a few days ago, and they further said that Dog and Beth decided to go ahead with the wedding anyways, because so many preparations had been made. I saw part of the wedding and it was very entertaining, but I had no idea that one of the dog's pups had been killed the day before.
            Anyone who knows about this, I would be interested in any news.
            Mahalo
            Claudia
            News about his daughter's death made headlines across the country. The one from MSNBC's just one of em. You can find tons more on Yahoo, AOL, USAToday, etc. etc.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Thank you Lei Liko; We didn't hear too much about it here in Canada, and we have been living out of our house for a month while our floors and painting was done. I only heard it mentioned once, and then couldn't find a follow-up. That must have been hard to continue with the wedding, with such a tragic event in the family. I only saw part of the party, and was sorry that I missed the show from beginning from end.
              I guess I am a fan of the Dawg and his family, and haven't been able to follow the new season lately.
              Mahalo for the up date.
              My prayers are with his ohana.
              Nui ke aloha,
              Claudia

Comment

You can also check this thread altho' there are no details regarding the stolen vehicle. A sad story nonetheless.

Comment

The Dog is full of it. The guy tried making a huge buck off the people of HI when he was arrested in Mexico. His wife went from station to station begging for money to get her husband out of jail. But check out the house they have in Kona. Big bucks. They could have bailed him themselves, but instead went begging, like the people they are. Shameful. And thank god the series has failed across the country. I hated the way they would drive from Kona to Honolulu all in, like, two minutes. Nobody said a thing, and the people of HI, so desperate to have a tv hit, said nothing. LOST is cool show, but we have issues with it and the actors because they don't say that it takes place in HI. So go figure? And what's the deal with the superstardom of the Korean actors. Like, they are soo Hawaiian. Remember, Haoles were first here, Koreans came in, like, 1980? No wonder I only come back to lau flowers on my ancestors graves. The place is culturally dead. Hawaiians need to take it all back. Akaka Bill, Imua.

Comment

Originally posted by Kawika
                    [...]I hated the way they would drive from Kona to Honolulu all in, like, two minutes. Nobody said a thing, and the people of HI, so desperate to have a tv hit, said nothing.
                    Editing has nothing to do with Hawaii being desperate for a tv hit. Every show that's filmed here has taken dramatic license to edit as needed between locations...as long as the screen direction flows appropriately so as not to confuse the viewer. I remember Magnum turning left on Kealaolu Ave. from Kahala Ave. and the next thing you know he's driving near Hanauma Bay! That sort of thing is done all the time in filmmaking, regardless of the city, state or country in which the film is shot. It's not unique to projects shot in Hawaii. Viewers who aren't familiar with Hawaii's topography don't know the difference. For those of us who live here, it can be fun to catch those edits! If knowing a location is integral to the story line it's name can be supered, usually at the start of a scene. So, if it's really important on Dog's show for the viewer to know that in scene one he's in Honolulu and in scene 2 he's in Kona, that will show on screen. For the most part, it isn't important, tho'. It has everything to do with filmmaking and nothing to do with desperation.
                    LOST is cool show, but we have issues with it and the actors because they don't say that it takes place in HI. So go figure?[...]
                    With all due respect there's nothing to figure. Producers take their projects where they can get the greatest bang for their buck, dependent on a lengthy list of needs. One location substitutes for another location all the time in filmmaking. "Lost" was never scripted as set in Hawaii. However the producers liked our locations and scenery and, well, the rest is history! The show looked at other locales, too, but fortunately Hawaii won out. It's been good for the economy. And, since it's not a show about Hawaii the cast needs to be diversified and not visually read 'Hawaiian'. Hawaii is mentioned in the credits.

'Flight 29 Down' is another show that's not set in Hawaii but is filmed here.

Comment

And thank god the series has failed across the country.
                      Failed, eh ?

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/16/news/story05.html

HAWAII'S most famous "Dog" -- Duane "The Dog" Chapman -- finally got his bone for at least the next year with a new, $2.6 million contract for a third season on the A&E cable-TV network
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        I remember Magnum turning left on Kealaolu Ave. from Kahala Ave. and the next thing you know he's driving near Hanauma Bay!
                        They did this in Hawaii Five-0 too. One moment they're near Ala Moana Park and bam... on Diamond Head Road and then way out on that pier across from Sea Life Park... in less than 60 seconds. Funny! Never distracted from the fact that Five-0 was a great show and had a very long run here.

One of the things that frustrated me about Magnum is that every time he went to downtown Honolulu, he'd get that parking space right in front the very building he needed to go to!!!! Try that in real life.

In regards to filming Hawaii and have that stand in for a different location... well this is done all the time everywhere in the film and TV industry as most of us already know. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Tears in the Sun, Lost, Fantasy Island, even Gilligan's Island did shoots in Hawaii but the locations on said movie or show were always somewhere else. It's nothing to get bent out of shape on. The film and TV industry is good for Hawaii and our economy. Bring on more!
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The Dog is full of it. The guy tried making a huge buck off the people of HI when he was arrested in Mexico. His wife went from station to station begging for money to get her husband out of jail. But check out the house they have in Kona. Big bucks. They could have bailed him themselves, but instead went begging, like the people they are. Shameful. And thank god the series has failed across the country. I hated the way they would drive from Kona to Honolulu all in, like, two minutes. Nobody said a thing, and the people of HI, so desperate to have a tv hit, said nothing. LOST is cool show, but we have issues with it and the actors because they don't say that it takes place in HI. So go figure? And what's the deal with the superstardom of the Korean actors. Like, they are soo Hawaiian. Remember, Haoles were first here, Koreans came in, like, 1980? No wonder I only come back to lau flowers on my ancestors graves. The place is culturally dead. Hawaiians need to take it all back. Akaka Bill, Imua.
                          [shaking my head]

Too much Haterade is bad, bad, bad!

I try to keep up with the show but I don't think I've seen all the episodes. It's funny because I saw what I think was the first episode the other night. The mullet was significantly smaller and he lacked in accessories. It also seemed that Beth was missing a person as she was a wee bit slimmer as well.

In addition to 'DOG,' 'LOST,' and 'Flight 29 Down'...'Beyond the Break' (which airs on the Noggin' Channel) is also filmed in Hawai`i. Think Beverly Hills 90210 drama, except that it's based down Makaha side. Brian Keaulana's a producer, but I'll refrain from commenting on the horrible acting since this thread's about the DOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                            [...]In addition to 'DOG,' 'LOST,' and 'Flight 29 Down'...'Beyond the Break' (which airs on the Noggin' Channel) is also filmed in Hawai`i. Think Beverly Hills 90210 drama, except that it's based down Makaha side. Brian Keaulana's a producer, but I'll refrain from commenting on the horrible acting since this thread's about the DOG.
                            Like 'Dog', 'Beyond the Break' is set in Hawaii. 'Lost' and '29' aren't. But we're glad they're filming here! As Mel mentioned, the film industry is good for the economy. And, yes, I'm biased!

Comment

Anyone catch the wedding last night?

Definitely a side I never thought I'd see. Broke my heart to see him deal with his daughter's death. Still, I'm happy for those two.

I guess the moved to Portlock as well. I read in the S-B yesterday that they live there now. They show the front of the new house in the first hour.

Comment

HATE is so counter-productive. There must be other issues plaguing him to spew out such venom.

I was watching BLUE HAWAII the other week. The same editing quirks. Maile drives through Waikiki and is stopped by the traffic cop after she turns into Ala Moana Park. From there, he leads her to Honolulu International.

Maile and Chad travel down Kalakaua past Kapiolani Park going east and zip by Sandy Beach. Then, they're at a deserted Hanauma Bay, which is actually way west of Sandy's.

Chad takes the tour group to the pineapple shack. The drive on Kam Highway past present-day Waipio Gentry seems much longer than it really is, enough for conversation and a song.

Ditto for 5-0 and Magnum. I find it interesting to see if I can identify the locations filmed, even if the next scenes are a little out-of-kilter.

I saw one "Dog" episode where he flew to the Big Island and went to Pahala (my hometown) to catch the fugitive. They actually showed the police sub-station there.

Comment

Working...
                                X