This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Season of Dog

Our one claim to fame is that my wife and I helped put together their wedding favors.

And we got to chat with Beth for about a half hour one evening. She can be quite engaging and sociable. Then again, she can get set off by little things, too or so I've heard.

Great that they got a hit show going. That's not easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
      Hey man, don't knock the CFMs. I bought a pair of CFM boots from that exact same stripper/hoez store to complete a Halloween costume. I could barely stand in em, so I don't know how the heck Beth ran in those heels, especially since she's two times my person. I wonder if I have a picture of the boots uploaded?
      I used to wear them too in my younger days! Never could run in them though...but then again, I didn't buy them to run from/to anything...
      Cussing/flicking butts and such...there are worse things they could be doing. I'm no self proclaimed saint myself and I drop the f-bomb like an adjective more than I should, and I don't ever recall hearing any of the Chapmans claim to be perfect either. Had to shake my head at the ciggy butts reference. I don't condone littering, but come on now, must we really pick nits just so you can say you don't like the guy?
      Wasn't picking nits...just something that I had noticed. I actually enjoy the show and have it recorded whenever I'm not home to watch a new show.

Comment

Flickin Butts is NOT nitpicking.

Check the beach. Yellow stubs in the sand everywhere. Check the gutters of Waikiki, or Ala Moana Park. Butts everywhere. Check the perimeter of any garbage can. Butts on the ground that missed the mark on their well intentioned path to the rubbish can.

Now watch a 2 year old at the beach put one in his mouth.

Some smokers are considerate and sanitary. Most are not.

Butts ARE litter. Give a hoot. Don't pollute. Malama Aina.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

When I went to Japan two years ago, I could not help but notice the proliferation of smokers everywhere. There are smoking lounges specifically for those who must indulge in the habit.

At the same time, the streets are remarkable free of ciggy butts and trash in general as there are rubbish containers everywhere ...... and they must get emptied regularly as they are NOT overflowing (check Ala Moana Park after a long weekend). American urban streets are like a dump in comparison.

Comment

I really like the show. Since it is a show about crime, I understand that it is biased. What I mean is that since it's about crime, that's basically all they're going to show. Every crime/problem that I've seen involved ice. It's very sad. It does make Hawaii look like it's a bunch of ice heads, which I know isn't true. Crystal meth (ice) is a problem all over the country that this country as a whole has to handle. I'm not sure if this problem can be stopped all together, but we need to try. It starts with educating the kids.

I love how Dog really tries to reach out and try to make a difference with the drug addicts. I can see that he really cares. I find myself teary eyed watching many episodes. What I've noticed is that nearly all of the criminals that they show from Hawaii are very respectful, which is something I don't see from the criminals from the mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
              Flickin Butts is NOT nitpicking.
              Pfft..whatever you say...

Still, I can think of other things to cry foul over. But hey, if you want to continue the "I-don't-like-DOG-because-he-preaches-respect-and-then-flicks-a-butt" crusade, be my guest.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

After rereading my post, it's apparent that I did not make myself clear.

I love the show. I've met some of the family, and they are wonderful folks.

And ANYBODY throwing litter around is a lazy ass.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona

And ANYBODY throwing litter around is a lazy ass.
                  And I agree 110% with this!
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Yep, we still luv the show. As for cussing after praying, I've heard Dog say about the language "we're working on that," and also say that you just can't speak sweetly to a nutcase that's high and on the run.

As I see it, for everything there's a season and strong language included. Common sense would dictate that there's been socially forbidden words for all of human history. Jesus is said to have called preachers of His time "dead men's bones in whitewashed tombs" and a few other things I can't recall cuz I don't thump bible. Maybe that was part of the blasphemy said about Him, and maybe that was one of the many reasons He was hated. I mean c'mon, He went into churches of His day and turned over furniture! Try that these days and you'll have the cops called on you, and He did use what was probably strong language then.

Personally I could knock someone through a plate glass window or cuss at them minutes after prayer, IF the situation truly called for it, and be at peace with myself.

As for dog and Beth, the more people I meet that have met them, or simply encountered them report that they're down to earth people, and quite sincere. Sincerity is huge with me. People say they aren't plastic, but as real as they seem to me on the show. I think they have more than a job, I think it's a ministry, the REAL kind. They say they'll keep in touch with people, and even their wedding show, that little girl that was fighting cancer that dog went to see at Christmas, she was at the wedding. I am convinced they truly care about people, follow up with them, offer them jobs, etc.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Yeah, I know some of you Love Da Dog and crew. I got to witness his "Professionalism" last night.

My story: Last night I was weak. As you all know, I was resting from having my Colonscopy Procedure. While relaxing in my living room, Conrad yell's, "Eh! Mom! Dog The Bounty Hunter is here looking for somebody!" I stand up. Ligaya and Conrad both tell me to stay put.heheheh

continuation @
                      http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=754

Auntie pUpUle
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 24, 2006, 03:47 PM.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
                        Yep, we still luv the show. As for cussing after praying, I've heard Dog say about the language "we're working on that," and also say that you just can't speak sweetly to a nutcase that's high and on the run.

As I see it, for everything there's a season and strong language included. Common sense would dictate that there's been socially forbidden words for all of human history. Jesus is said to have called preachers of His time "dead men's bones in whitewashed tombs" and a few other things I can't recall cuz I don't thump bible. Maybe that was part of the blasphemy said about Him, and maybe that was one of the many reasons He was hated. I mean c'mon, He went into churches of His day and turned over furniture! Try that these days and you'll have the cops called on you, and He did use what was probably strong language then.

Personally I could knock someone through a plate glass window or cuss at them minutes after prayer, IF the situation truly called for it, and be at peace with myself.

As for dog and Beth, the more people I meet that have met them, or simply encountered them report that they're down to earth people, and quite sincere. Sincerity is huge with me. People say they aren't plastic, but as real as they seem to me on the show. I think they have more than a job, I think it's a ministry, the REAL kind. They say they'll keep in touch with people, and even their wedding show, that little girl that was fighting cancer that dog went to see at Christmas, she was at the wedding. I am convinced they truly care about people, follow up with them, offer them jobs, etc.
                        Well, from another viewpoint, someting to think about is the words:

" What comes out of my mouth is what's in my heart"
                        no need cuss, especially after talking with God - I cannot understand that, no excuse! How can you be like that with a Godly heart? how do the two coexist?
                        And then broadcast that for all the keiki to see? Many who probably idolize him? I no tink soooo...

I used to do neighborhood watch with my old Pastor - Eldean Kukahiko. We would go out to the Country Stop area in Kahaluu, by Wongs village. Plety ice dealers and whatnot, and in fact we usually setup shop across the street from a notorious icedealers home. Take down license plates, lidat.. and talk to the kids and others floating around the neighborhood...druggies, dealers, thiefs liars and every kinda evil....never..EVA.. heard him swear or use any harsh language. Just pray and talk....no matter how much the be flying.....or how pissed they where..

And of course,last but not least, lets remember this is TV, controversy draws da top dollas, eh?

Anyway, back to topic... I use to watch a lot of da Dog, but only until I see the (imho) hypocrisy of what is mentioned. Just not my cuppa tea...
                        Last edited by Kahalu'u_Chrome; August 24, 2006, 02:23 PM.
                        It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome
                          Well, from another viewpoint, someting to think about is the words:

" What comes out of my mouth is what's in my heart"
                          no need cuss, especially after talking with God - I cannot understand that, no excuse! How can you be like that with a Godly heart? how do the two coexist?
                          And then broadcast that for all the keiki to see? Many who probably idolize him? I no tink soooo...
                          Uhhhhh. I understand where you are coming from.

I am guilty of the fact of swearing too. Yes, there is no excuse. I apologize.

However, I do not use it in front of children nor try to use it regularly. I find it degrading. When angered it comes out naturally.

God is in my heart and mind. He is #1. I am only Human. The ying and yang does exist. It is up to us to choose which master we will follow and abide. I choose the Lord.

There are no excuses. I can not offer any. I am just me.

Back on topic: I also do not watch Da Dog and His Puppies!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

errrm... I should add that I am guilty of same, Auntie Lynn - am faaaaar from perfect.
                            BUT.. I just feel that people like the Dog have a greater responsibility in how they act on TV , and that is who my words were really aimed at - feel funny kine to see them glorify God on national TV, then make a joke of it by the rest of their actions, by not even trying to "Walk da talk"..... acking all obnoxious and whatnot.....

They should lead by example, since they so visible, ya know?

'sides Auntie - you have loads of Aloha, something they are lacking.....
                            It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome
                              errrm... I should add that I am guilty of same, Auntie Lynn - am faaaaar from perfect.
                              BUT.. I just feel that people like the Dog have a greater responsibility in how they act on TV , and that is who my words were really aimed at - feel funny kine to see them glorify God on national TV, then make a joke of it by the rest of their actions, by not even trying to "Walk da talk"..... acking all obnoxious and whatnot.....

They should lead by example, since they so visible, ya know?

'sides Auntie - you have loads of Aloha, something they are lacking.....
                              I taught you was directing it to me too. Mahalo. I felt SHAME.

Yes, I agree with you. Infact, Linda was crying and said the same thing. She told me, "How can they go to Word Of Life and raise their hands to glorify our Father and do this?"

I simply told her to forgive.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

I simply told her to forgive.

Auntie Lynn
                                Judge not lest ye be judged...I think that is the hardest scripture of ALL! Tell that to every person of faith I know!
                                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                                Sharing withother survivors...
                                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                                X