X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Great article Erika!

I don't think Joe would even consider leaving KHON for another station.

He seems to be a creature of habit, who likes his daily and nightly routine to stay just the way they are.

I am the same way in many respects and am very happy he is one news employee who can yank the powers that be (station owners) around by their necks and in the end....still come out ahead with more money for himself and his family!
    Last edited by pumpkinboy; May 21, 2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Bob Sevey put in about 30 years in local tv news, Joe will hit 50 and retire around 70 years old, his son will be in or out of college by then. Good for him. Whether you like him or not, you cannot deny his success, longevity and the ratings he brings in. Joe has always been kind to me, I've sat in his office before and chatted with him and he's cool in my book. Read some of his interviews in books and magazines, he admits he simply reads the news, that is his job. He is like several others who have moved the chair over a few inches from sports, liked it and continue to do it today.

For people who don't like him there are 3 other local news channels to watch.

I talked with Gary Sprinkle the other day and he has been in the business now 30 years. Longevity is a key to success.

Aj

Comment

Great post AJ.

Did you see the John Wayne photo?

Comment

I tend to meet local newscasters outside the realm of their vocation. I have yet to meet one who caused me to raise an eyebrow, even in the slightest. All have been extremely nice, fun and interesting folks...and that includes Joe.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i've once spoken to Mr Joe moore and i must have caught him at a busy time only he's very pleasent to speak with and i admire him and have much respect for him and im glad of his news that he signed a 10 Year contract and that he'll retire in 2018 and this make's me smile!:O)

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and since our moderator mel shared that it's the sweep's,i believe SS of Khnl is on a long time off and without SS,i feel when i watch SL,she make's me smile only without SS it's not the same and im not being unkind only that's my true thought's and I do Pray for SS to be back at her spot as Best Meterologist and i'd smile once again.

Well thank's for your time sorry SS if your reading this,i apologize and i only hope sometime you'll return.

Comment

hi this is sansei and by watching Sam choy's cooking show tonight,im not sure if it's a replay only i did see my Favorite meterologist who's not feeling well that she was on sam Choy's cooking show and it sounded like she had a slight cold and i believe in my true heart that she's is still employed where she work's and if she is, that make's me smile:O)

if or when she return's and when she does,.it'll make me smile.

Comment

Joe Moore is within 4 years of setting a record for the longest anchor at one station.

Hal Fishman, who passed away last year in Los Angeles, has the record for anchoring KTLA's news for 32 years.

Moore has 28 years in the anchor chair. I don't know if someone else in the US has more seniority than Joe, but it looks like his new contract will make him the longest sitting news anchor in the US sometime in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                    Joe Moore is within 4 years of setting a record for the longest anchor at one station.

Hal Fishman, who passed away last year in Los Angeles, has the record for anchoring KTLA's news for 32 years.

Moore has 28 years in the anchor chair. I don't know if someone else in the US has more seniority than Joe, but it looks like his new contract will make him the longest sitting news anchor in the US sometime in 2012.
                    Joe started in June 1978 as sports anchor at KHON, May 1981 he replaced Paul Udell as the news anchor when he departed for WLS in Chicago.

I agree Joe will definitely be setting some longevity records in the next few years.

Aj

Comment

I remember an article where some mainland media experts were analyzing Joe Moore's incredible popularity.

Where it's so common to see newscasts with 2 anchors... you see this in almost every single U.S. market, Joe Moore has been anchoring the news solo for decades.

The said he has "command presence."

Comment

Jim Vance has been anchoring at WRC in Washington, DC since 1972.

Chuck Scarborough has been with WNBC since 1974. A couple years before Chuck arrived on the scene at WNBC they had an anchor by the name of Paul Udell.

Chuck has been co-anchoring with Sue Simmons for 28 years. Simmons recently made news for uttering the "F word" live during a station break promo a week or so ago.

The late Bill Beutel anchored consecutively at WABC from 1972-2003.

Anyways in terms of being a solo anchor Joe is probably nearing some records.

Aj

Comment

hi this is sansei and for now,im only praying that my favorite meterologist someday return's so i'll be able to smile and watch the best meterologist once again,i do miss her forecasts.I believe since seeing her on Sam choy's show last saturday that she must have had or could not be feeling well so my prayer's are with her.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                            hi this is sansei and one question for foolish heart,if i was stalking them,wouldnt i be bothering them by learning where they live and bothering them,it was only in passing while riding my moped and happened to notice them in passing,is this stalking? I wouldnt think so since i didnt go up to them and bother them such as mahealani R,may you not agree?
                            On the contrary, sansei. If you called them and bothered them, that would just make you irritating, like many people who make anonymous calls to news media, police, and fire officials. But the fact that it appears you stealthily follow their every move, while avoiding too many face-to-face conversations, makes your actions and motives a bit more suspect.

Interesting to note: it’s a lot harder to catch the tiny license sticker of a moped, then an automobile license plate. Food for thought.
                            Last edited by TuNnL; May 27, 2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: grammatical error

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Hi This is sansei and in response to TuNnl,i agree and im not bothering them and i understand what your thought's are and i did learn when I just looked somewhere else on when you go to Yahoo and put My Favorite Meterologist's name in and you'd scrolll down to my Favorite Meterologist name and it say's Topix and Click on that and i did learn that my Favorite meterologist has true personal problem's so i do realize now that someday she'll return and when she does,i'll smile only for now,i'll smile when Sl who does the news,she's able to make me smile:O)

Comment

hi this is sansei and i can promise everyone something,if i wish to learn of where either my favorite anchor or reporter is,i wont e-mail anyone,i'll just remember them of how good they are and maybe if i wish to learn how they maybe fairing,i'll check it out somewhere else so the member's here wont be offended or feel like that im bothering anyone,that's a promise to everyone here.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X