This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Let's keep this topic focused on "Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters" and not on your personal problems. Move on. Thank you.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

hi this is sansei and sorry mel for my posting here only when i turned to khon,i was about to watch joe moore's update and it went black and when they turned the camera's back on to joe.he didnt have a smile like as usual so i believe something happened,only dont know what,if anyone may have some thought's,please respond.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Something probably did happen. And it’s possible the people who really know what happened could get in trouble (eventually) if they gave you an honest answer.

</offtopic>

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

The black screen might have been his tribute to The Sopranos or Woody Allen movies.

Comment

Technical glitches are known to happen in live broadcast TV.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Good laff watching Jodi Leong's live report on the Honolulu Advertiser layoffs on KITV. During the live segment on the 6:00 news, some goofy kid was jumping up and down in the background behind her. It was distracting and funny.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think that the KHON newscast could have been an old news rerun, the best of KHON news, or an anniversary KHON news special. My theory is that reporter who was leaving could have been Tammie Mori.
                Not knowing the conclusion to the question of that thread of a reporting leaving KHON is like watching a M. Night Shyamalan movie without the ending.

Comment

Just heard that Tanya Joaquin is on MATERNITY LEAVE! I'm eager to hear her good news. I was thinking last Friday that she looked about to pop! High Fives to Tanya!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    Just heard that Tanya Joaquin is on MATERNITY LEAVE! I'm eager to hear her good news. I was thinking last Friday that she looked about to pop! High Fives to Tanya!
                    Tanya said on Friday that she's due around Labor Day. How appropriate!

Comment

KHNL weekend sports reporter Stephen Florino leaving the station to take new position at Maryknoll School. Also news reporter Beth Hillyer will not be returning to the station from maternity leave.

Details at this link.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Personally, I won't miss seeing Beth Hillyer. I've always disliked the tendency of a disproportionately large number of TV reporters being unable to speak without nodding their heads up and down waaaay too much, like some kind of dashboard bobblehead doll. Beth was one of the worst, in that regard.
                        Still, I wish her well in her future endeavors, and Stephen too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          KHNL weekend sports reporter Stephen Florino leaving the station to take new position at Maryknoll School.
                          Maryknoll has a media relations position???

So, who will be the weekend sports anchor?
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Steve and Beth are good people, at least they were to me when I met them.

Beth I think is gonna be more than fine, she can work if she wants and not work if she doesnt' want to, I suspect.

Steve, I'm very happy for him and know he'll do great wherever he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Personally, I won't miss seeing Beth Hillyer. I've always disliked the tendency of a disproportionately large number of TV reporters being unable to speak without nodding their heads up and down waaaay too much, like some kind of dashboard bobblehead doll. Beth was one of the worst, in that regard.
                              Still, I wish her well in her future endeavors, and Stephen too.
                              They should have the background music of What is Love? Don't Hurt Me as the tv newsreporters do some syncronize headbobbing.

Comment

Gosh, KHNL has been experiencing a lot of departures and new arrivals of reporters/anchors throughout the years. Could that be one reason of their low ratings? And since they're moving out from Sand Island to a new building/studio by the end of the year, I only hope it will get better for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X