Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Transplant to HI for work. Looking for any & all advice. Plz. Thx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Transplant to HI for work. Looking for any & all advice. Plz. Thx.

Originally posted by kimo55
    well, the whore will wanna know what position it would be...
    (sigh)
    Don't encourage him, k?
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhook
      [...]The whore reason...[...]
      OMG...watch those typos in this forum! There are a few who will have a field day with it!

Comment

so you tell me the position your coming to work for...and we can tell you how the locals might feel about it.

If your a bulldozer operator...then um... I would say the locals here on HT might be a bit irked!

However, if your here to plant new trees and get rid of cocqui frogs...then maybe you'll get along just fine.

So what will you be doing? And I will tell you my honest position of what I think of your job title.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          well, the whore will wanna know what position it would be...

damn, freudian slip.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            so you tell me the position your coming to work for...and we can tell you how the locals might feel about it.

If your a bulldozer operator...then um... I would say the locals here on HT might be a bit irked!

However, if your here to plant new trees and get rid of cocqui frogs...then maybe you'll get along just fine.

So what will you be doing? And I will tell you my honest position of what I think of your job title.

whores. as mentioned above, it has to do with whores.

Comment

[...]So what will you be doing? And I will tell you my honest position of what I think of your job title.
              And, then what?

Comment

boy I thot i would be enuff. but with manoa's generosity, poor deadhook goin get hooked on all sides.

Comment

And, then what?
                  and then he will like my response or not like it.

I can't speak for a local since I've only been here a short time comparatively, however, I can ask my wife how she would feel about it... and she's much more blunt then me... If it was something my wife thought was cool for locals then I would say it...If it was something that she thought her family and others that have lived here long before mainlanders came... I have to calm it down to post it in her words on HT.

My wife chooses not to post on HT! However, I can get a local persons perspective by asking and learning from her.

Comment

Seriously (heh). If you're looking for lots of big box stores that are open 24x7, you won't find many of those either on the Big Island or Kauai.

Craig: is Home Depot open 24x7 in Hilo?
                    Konaguy: How's the nightlife in Kona?

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Kuaui? You better look up what city or island you're talking about. I'm guessing you mean Kauai, but you never know.

Hilo is a bustling bayside town of about, I'll guess here, 30,000 people. So yes, you've got a lot of retail (including a Walmart), a lot of options for dining out, some activities (but not many -- it's not called a "sleepy town" for nothing). There's a university campus, UH-Hilo, and a decent arts community. There aren't really beaches in Hilo, though... more rocky shorelines with pockets of sand. They're nice, but perhaps not what you're thinking about when it comes to a beach. Of course, it is the Big Island, so you can drive to a nice beach... or up to the volcano, or down to South Point, or over to Kona...

Kauai is an entire island, and within it you'll find several towns -- Kapaa, Lihue, Waimea, etc. It's the smallest of the islands, but its population of maybe 60,000 doesn't make for a very crowded county. I haven't been to Kauai in years, though, so I couldn't speak to the amenities (retail, attractions, etc.). Overall, it's pretty rural, and some folks have been known to go a bit nuts given it's the smallest major island in the chain. Lots of beaches, though!

Comment

seriously though, i'm coming over to open my shop called Chandler Surfboards. Me and my friend Turtle rip, we've been killing it in wave pools in Arizona for years that make backdoor look like florida. My girlfriend Kiani said it's great there and really wants me to meet her brothers.

- Rick K.

Comment

Opening a surf store in a city where theres not much surf is not the best idea.

Comment

the shopping thing is not me, it's conditional for my girlfriend of 6 years. she'd be coming obviously and it's something she's actually concerned with. my need are meager, she, being a girl, likes to spend money as a pasttime.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              Seriously (heh). If you're looking for lots of big box stores that are open 24x7, you won't find many of those either on the Big Island or Kauai.

Craig: is Home Depot open 24x7 in Hilo?
                              Konaguy: How's the nightlife in Kona?

Miulang
                              I think only Safeway is open 24 hours (at least the Kona one). Home Depot,
                              Wal-Mart, Kmart are not. The ummmm nightlife here in Kona...can I get back
                              to you on that
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

My wife chooses not to post on HT! However, I can get a local persons perspective by asking and learning from her.
                                she better be of Hawaiian descent, otherwise might not be good enuff. we see how some o these people...

Comment

Working...
                                X