Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Transplant to HI for work. Looking for any & all advice. Plz. Thx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Transplant to HI for work. Looking for any & all advice. Plz. Thx.

Originally posted by Deadhook
    seriously though, i'm coming over to open my shop called Chandler Surfboards. Me and my friend Turtle rip, we've been killing it in wave pools in Arizona for years that make backdoor look like florida. My girlfriend Kiani said it's great there and really wants me to meet her brothers.

- Rick K.
    it was a joke. guess you never saw "North Shore."

Comment

she, being a girl, likes to spend money as a pasttime.
      have her spend her kala in dat new board shop that may be opening there.

Comment

alright, i have a serious questions (you'd have thought i'd have learned by now). how are the medical facilities. i have some back problems, several herniated discs, and undergo a fair amt. of treatment here, and would need to continue the same out there.

Comment

it was a joke. guess you never saw "North Shore."
          saw nort shore a few days ago. I make it over a couple times a week from midtown. why.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            she better be of Hawaiian descent, otherwise might not be good enuff. we see how some o these people...
            She is! and sometimes too proud of it... her friends still give her sh@t for marrying a haole!

Comment

the shopping thing is not me, it's conditional for my girlfriend of 6 years. she'd be coming obviously and it's something she's actually concerned with. my need are meager, she, being a girl, likes to spend money as a pasttime.
              Then it would depend on the kind of shopping she likes to do. She won't find Lord & Taylor or Bloomies-level stores in Hilo (does Hilo have a Macy?). She might find Gucci in maybe Princeville on Kauai but definitely not in downtown Lihue although Lihue does have a big shopping mall now. No Costco on Kauai (yet).

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                saw nort shore a few days ago. I make it over a couple times a week from midtown. why.

"North Shore" the movie.

this thread is tiring.

'night.

thanks for the feedback folks.

Comment

alright, i have a serious questions (you'd have thought i'd have learned by now). how are the medical facilities. i have some back problems, several herniated discs, and undergo a fair amt. of treatment here, and would need to continue the same out there.
                  My mom has to be flown to Oahu for most of her health problems.

Not because of the facilities... but because of the lack of facilities.

Comment

The medical facilities on the Neighbor Islands are pretty meager. The nurses are still on strike (I think) at Kauai General Hospital. Most people who live outside of Oahu (Honolulu) have to fly to Oahu for the specialized treatment. Sounds like a Neighbor Island might not be the best idea for you if you need specialized care. Can you transfer to Honolulu instead?

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Then it would depend on the kind of shopping she likes to do. She won't find Lord & Taylor or Bloomies-level stores in Hilo (does Hilo have a Macy?). She might find Gucci in maybe Princeville on Kauai but definitely not in downtown Lihue although Lihue does have a big shopping mall now. No Costco on Kauai (yet).

Miulang

Yes there is a Macys in Hilo. Costco, I heard is opening on Kauai, October 17, 2006.
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Uh-oh. Try wait. I've gotta put on my helmet and kevlar vest before reading the replies that are gonna follow from that one.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Reply #2: Oh, you're dating my ex-wife?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            Reply #2: Oh, you're dating my ex-wife?

heheheh.

Too Funny.

Now. Wat he said about being a girl and spending mula foa passtime?

Da Nerve.

Stay wea you are.

Madam Whack Whack!!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

my bad on the "being a girl" thing. shoulda said, "being my girl likes to spend my money"

Comment

my bad on the "being a girl" thing. shoulda said, "being my girl likes to spend my money"
                                Yeah, well it still sounds like my ex-wife.
                                But seriously. Please do take the earlier advice to you and go read through previous threads that answered your same questions. Then if you still have specific questions that weren't answered, a lot of us will be glad to try to help.
                                You said you've visited here before, so my first suggestion would be to come live here for a month or two before making a final decision that you'll possibly/probably regret. The reality is far far different from the tourist image.

Comment

Working...
                                X