Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is the best lei greeting

Originally posted by scrivener
    I think I saw Annette as we entered -- she was seated and watching the door. Corky WAS there. He was right behind that wall I was seated with my back to. You walked right past him on the way in and on the way out!
    My guess is that was, indeed, Annette. The table straight in from the entrance is her 'command post'! And, Corky's always there! I don't think I've ever heard him talk, tho'.

You're right, Scriv...LM is not known for their food. It's just average. But, that ambiance more than makes up for it. Assuming new owners continue LM as it is now I do hope the menu will be updated and the food improved even if just a little. And I certainly hope a new owner doesn't decide to turn it in to fine dining. That would just wreck that place!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I guess that is one of the good things about finally meeting people in person... Many people may seem like an ass online...but once you cross that bridge of real friendship...then it's on....

In all seriousness.... maybe 1stwahine may have gained another "Hanai" son.
      I agree with you whole heartedly! It's always a pleasure to meet someone. Especially, meeting someone from an online community. To finally put a face with a screen name. To finally hug and and touch human to human. Sharing Aloha.

Yes, maybe I have gained another Hanai son.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sounds like a fantabulous, spontaneous, HT 'ohana confab!

Tutusue helped introduce me to La Mariana a while back. I don't even remember the food. It's the ambiance and energy of the place. And I wasn't even there when the place really gets going!

I see scrivener has already posted photos. From the waitress whose belly he wanted to {censored} to his nifty sign to the mysteriously unmysterious manoasurfer123 to Aunty Lynn and the guest of honor.

Bravo, again, to Aunty Lynn and Mitchell and everyone else for showing Lorna some real aloha!

Comment

I'm sooooooooo glad that I got to participate in welcoming Hawaiidreaming to Hawaii. La Mariana is such a treasure of a place. I hope to bring hubby there some afternoon or evening. It reminded me so much of the Tahitian Lanai and The Waikikian (where I loved to stay many times from the 70s to the 90s). It was great seeing Aunty Lynn (still seems strange calling someone younger than me "aunty" LOL) and Manoa again and meeting Scrivener (love your Sudoku puzzles!) and TuNnl (can't help but think of "Tunnel of Love".....hehehe). I hope that the Chinatown Tour is on a day that I can join Hawaiidreaming and Aunty (pssssttt....I'm off on most Mondays).

I agree with the others...Save La Mariana!!

My new blog: http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/aloha.php

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            K-den. I'm putting this out to any Rich Business People out there in Cyber land!!! Come together and purchase La Mariana!!! I can cook, I can entertain, I'll draw the crowd!

Save La Mariana!!!

Plllezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn
            Man, another classic Tiki establishment in peril. Unfortunately, the Mainland ones always lose the battle. Pisses me off to no end...alot of other people too....

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...942&forum=1&18

The sad part is, some rich idiot like Trump will buy it, and level it for high rise condos or some other crap. Seriously, money people have no respect for history or culture. We're losing Trader Vics here in LA to some disrespectful, uncaring foreigner. I really hope La Mariana finds itself in the hands of someone who will do the right thing.

Sorry for the rant in the midst of all this aloha...looks like I'll have to go full throttle in my blog about it.

You guys are amazing for welcoming Hawaiidreaming like that !
            Last edited by tikiyaki; September 11, 2006, 12:02 AM.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

MAHALO for the stories and the photos --- I look forward to reading Lorna's take on all this, when she gets back to posting. I'll bet she had no idea, when she first joined HT, that she would get such a personal welcome on her trip.

Scrivener - you have good taste in tummies. Waitresses. Whatever.

Comment

i think this makes the 5th HT gathering i've missed...i MUST get to one!! someone plan another!! quick!! (i know a great place on saturday nights..hahahahahaa!)
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                  i think this makes the 5th HT gathering i've missed...i MUST get to one!! someone plan another!! quick!! (i know a great place on saturday nights..hahahahahaa!)
                  Yeah! I've been there. Great music! Absolutely charming! Hmmmm...maybe when Awake comes to town! I'll try to take him on a combination day/night Exclusive Auntie Pupule Chinatown Tour!

Yeeehaaa!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Yeah! I've been there. Great music! Absolutely charming! Hmmmm...maybe when Awake comes to town! I'll try to take him on a combination day/night Exclusive Auntie Pupule Chinatown Tour!

Yeeehaaa!!!

Auntie Lynn
                    yeah, auntie! i was so stoked/honored when you and shaveice strolled in that night...let me know when the next tour sets sail!
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                      yeah, auntie! i was so stoked/honored when you and shaveice strolled in that night...let me know when the next tour sets sail!
                      heheheh. I will definitely let you know. Let me set the Tour up with Awake first and we'll plan from there. I also have hawaiidreaming scheduled sometime next week. Maybe, my first two Party Tour? It's growing!!!

Wow! Joel was right!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

heheheh. I will definitely let you know. Let me set the Tour up with Awake first and we'll plan from there. I also have hawaiidreaming scheduled sometime next week. Maybe, my first two Party Tour? It's growing!!!

Wow! Joel was right!

Auntie Lynn
                        shoots, auntie! if you get hawaiidreaming to the show, i'll make sure we make her feel all of the aloha an irish band in paradise can give...and auntie, too!!
                        Don't be mean,
                        try to help.

Comment

HEY my friends i loved our meeting and lunch you guys rock, loved every minute, shame we didnt do it again , you know that week i got lei'd 9 times lmao
                          Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          Here is a picture today of you and 1stwahine.
                          nice pic, and mahalo , i know my accent is strange lol but you all was so sweet to me , you guys rock
                          *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
                          http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new but blown away by Auntie Lynn and friends. What a nice thing to do. But where's Lorna? Haven't heard from her since people told her to save her money if it was just for herself. Don't think she's written since Auntie Lynn made her offer. Hey, I'm coming in October! Yours, Buzz

Comment

buzzy I just sent you a Private Message.

Lorna replied in this thread right before you.

I'm from the Northwest too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy
                                Hello everyone. I'm new but blown away by Auntie Lynn and friends. What a nice thing to do. But where's Lorna? Haven't heard from her since people told her to save her money if it was just for herself. Don't think she's written since Auntie Lynn made her offer. Hey, I'm coming in October! Yours, Buzz
                                Hey there, fellow Washingtonian (using a teeny font) --- snoop around the postings and you'll find that she connected up with Lynn, Scrivener and others after all, and had a great time - there are photos as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X