Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howzit from Guahan!!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    for someone who claims a widely-travelled resume, how is it that you fail to spark some economic and social ideas (and ideals) with which to combat Newsroots' claims and concerns?
    If social science were my specialty, I would've included such details in my effort. Seeing that it is not, I dare not.

Why did you focus instead on a direct and personal bashing?
    This is a person from Guam educating the masses with wrong information. It is one thing to hear this strong distaste from a outsider but to come from a fellow brutha of the island and for him to ask "why should we be proud of our roots" is just plain insulting and flagrantly disrespectful. As I am openly proud of my roots, people and culture, yes I take his comments very personal and I believe I fairly speak for my people when I addressed newroots. You have only heard from me, a silent voice, so far. Since this is not our board, I hope I am the last or things will get carried away. I am sorry for airing the dirty laundry.
    Last edited by udontno; October 9, 2006, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Re: Guam v. Hawaii

Originally posted by newroots View Post
      they have guam vs. hawai'i in the pxc.... we had corey daneils vs. chris brub

i think corey daniels really should've won that match up ...a few other guys ... albert ''always bad'' manners , lost to joe taimanglo ... as far as guam vs. hawai'i which one is better .. i'd have to say hawai'i even though i never been there.
      do you wish to compare "Quality of Life" to "Combative Sports"? It is apparent that you don't like Guahan. That is fine. We have learned enough from your posts to know that a seperation of YOU from GUAHAN is best. You don't have to go on bad mouthing us and we shall forget you too. Everyone will live happier. I am sure another culture will embrace what you offer with open arms. Good luck in your journey and travel safely.

Comment

hey udontno ... you think everythings okay , but its not. sure guam isnt as bad as some places in africa , or mexico , or wherever... but ... if we , as a people , dont take action to get back our soveriegnty or , self-determination. than it could be 2 late... cuz , in about 6 years , the united states is gonna re-locate 10,000 marines to guam and stuff...

their willing to invest 10 billion dollars for that. i dont think they would waste all that cash. by investing 10 billion to put them somewhere else after they already put em on guam.

if we continue on this path , and if we just sit back and let things run their course.. theres almost no hope for chamorro identity or independence..... i'd rather have us have a hard time , and struggle , and keep our soveriegnty and 100% freedom.... than to sell it to the united states for chump change.

but if things do go wrong for guam.. than i'll just go to sa'ipan.
        Ebb And Flow

Comment

Now you see, this is whole different subject. If your efforts are leading to deter the whole "Marines relocation from Okinawa to Guam", I understand but to publicly insult Guam, the people and culture is WAAAYYYY out of line. I support your position in not wanting the Marine Base in Guam. Who would want it when they are being kicked out of another country because of their recorded history of voilence and crimes against the local civilians. I support you on this but not the path you take to pass the message.

Our federal deficit is large, our economy is unstable and our expenditures seem to be exceeding our revenues. An investment of 10 BILLION will make a very significant difference but I feel the indirect cost we will pay in the long run out weighs the attractive "fast fix."

Comment

i publicly insult guam cuz guam is over rated and it sucks man.. it looks like a mini version of an asian place.. its all crowded and stuff. thats really a damn shame.
            Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by newroots View Post
              i publicly insult guam cuz guam is over rated and it sucks man.. it looks like a mini version of an asian place.. its all crowded and stuff. thats really a damn shame.
              Over rated? Generally, Guam is unknown. I would venture to say that 90% + of the world's population don't even know what a "Guam" is.

...like a mini version of an asian place? Considering our geographical location, what do you think it should be like? You obviously don't think it contributes to our beauty.

...crowded and stuff? a population of a little over 150K is not "over crowded." Research Downtown Hong Kong or Tokyo. This island is still very undeveloped but this fact is part of our beauty. "Undisturbed Natural Beauty."

You have made it clear that you are very miserable. Find your way out. Go to Hawaii or where ever your choice place is. Until you move on to your greener grass, just consider that maybe your disgust in Guam probably has nothing to do with Guam but with yourself and your immediate environment. Also consider that those helping you conclude that Guam is shameful may not be a reliable source of information. Maybe they are good friends or respectable family members but "WOW!", you are sssooooo far off that I now feel bad for you. Don't endulge in my pity for you because IGNORANCE, "thats really a damn shame" especially when it is displayed with such confidence. Most everything about Guam is great. Rid your surroundings of the negative. Find different people to hang with. Do things differently. See things differently. You must be exhausted from hating so much.

Comment

Originally posted by udontno View Post
                I would venture to say that 90% + of the world's population don't even know what a "Guam" is.
                I believe George Carlin said it sounded like something disgusting - "Ewwww!" (brushes himself vigorously, as if removing something from his person) "Somebody get this guam offa me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  I believe George Carlin said it sounded like something disgusting - "Ewwww!" (brushes himself vigorously, as if removing something from his person) "Somebody get this guam offa me!"
                  george carlin is hilarious!!! however...i'm sure someone out there will be offended. oh well...

so here's my take on all of this silliness...cause i know everyone has been holding his/her breath wondering just what tinav's opinion is....NOT!!!

u like guahan...cool. u dont like guahan...cool. u're proud of your roots/heritage/culture...good for u. u're NOT proud of your roots/heritage/culture...that's unfortunate...but still yet...good for u, i guess.

if someone came to HAWAII threads for an education on GUAHAN...well......uuuuhhhh.........hhhhhmmmm..... ..buddy, u took a wrong turn somewhere along the way.

if someone....ANYONE...takes ONE person's opinion (off the internet,no less)as gospel, then, phooey on them!! i venture to say that noone on HAWAII threads is taking the opinion of a disgruntled 17 year old to heart...since it is in fact, JUST HIS OPINION. but, if anyone does...so be it. at the end of the day.......who da h*ll gives a flying rat's a$$?!?!?!?!

to those of you who are not happy with your current location...whether it be guahan, hawaii, or timbuktu...may i suggestion u make the effort to move OR become a part of the solutions to various issues. if u cant do either...then get the hell out of the way for those of us who are trying to move forward.

FURTHERMORE...we have been asked POLITELY to take this to CHAMORU threads. please, lets do this. frikkin guamanese...so rude to continue to air dirty laundry in SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE!!

Comment

<gives up a rat's ass for the sake of furthering the conversation>

underneath all the emotional and pissy stuff, I find it utterly fascinating the turn that the thread has taken. And what a treat to hear other PacIslanders whose historical and current affairs have much to offer Hawai'i in terms of comparison/contrast.

Would you folks do me a favor? Pick up a book that has a macro-economic world view (The World is Flat comes immediately to mind), read it, and come back here and let's rip it up? I would be squealy-buggah-happy if you would!!!

pax

Comment

Re: Gab Gone Guam

With apologies to various original posters, unrelated threads that subsequently turned into general discussions about Guam have been merged into this one.

Comment

okay udontno... ur taking it pretty far now.. i dont wanna disrespect all the hawaiian people whom i feel for so much by continuing on with this bull crap... so we should just meet up in real life bro... i stay in asan , kalaka side.

anytime partner. u wanna go 1 on 1. i'll show u ur time is over. just stroll by the village acting like a maniac. i'll know its u.
                        Ebb And Flow

Comment

nah i was just kidding man... plz dont send little john john to come get me.. i was just joking mr. high chief. lol. but really i'm sorry. i was just messin around.
                          Ebb And Flow

Comment

Very close gubernatorial race on Guam. It looked throughout the night that it might end in a runoff between former congressman Robert Underwood (D) and incumbent governor Felix Camacho (R) as Guam law requires 50% plus 1. As of this time, it looks like Camacho pulled it out by less than 1,000 votes.

Comment

The election commission meets tomorrow for a final decision, but it looks like a run off is going to happen as neither team garnered the needed 50% plus 1. According to the Organic Act the run off must take place in 14 days. Details here. Read the comments though for some reasons why it might all be over with.

Comment

I apologize for the third posting in a row here, my excuse is that it's been months and the reason for posting should be of interest to anyone paying attention to the U.S. military presence in the Pacific. The linked article from Newsweek outlines the future of Guam and its important role in projecting U.S. power throughout Asia from North to South. U.S. Military Embraces Guam. The article doesn't mention the long history of U.S. forces on Guam particularly the intense build-up during the Vietnam war and throughout the Cold War.

Comment

Working...
                                X