Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Korea Practice????

Originally posted by War_Resisters_Canada
    Like I said I find your children's service to be honourable to our great nation and his service in ROK contributed to the relative peace that region has had. However I still do not codone Iraq.
    TTYL

I gotta go work.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
      Who are we making demands to? Not the ROK they are our allies. DPRK would be the North. You don't read news.. Wow .. You're missing alot. They started this stunt because they want DIRECT talks with the U.S. The U.S. said no to direct talks and said that we can resume the 6 nation talks with them.

This is called a strong-arm tactic to get our attention. Read a little more.
      I meant Democratic People's Republic of Korea, secondly strong arm tactic yes now isn't that the same thing as a political attack hmmm... where did you go to school again...
      "Canada shall be a refuge from militarism"
      Prime Minister Piere Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by War_Resisters_Canada
        I meant Democratic People's Republic of Korea, secondly strong arm tactic yes now isn't that the same thing as a political attack hmmm... where did you go to school again...
        Oooooo.. You got me there.. yep you one-upped me..

What the hell are you babbling about? Political attack? I spent my entire career in the Army as an Intelligence Analyst and my AOR (Area of Responsibility) was the far East. So anything you want to say.... I'm game. I have plenty of knowledge on the region.

I obviously attended a better school than you. I know how to end my questions. If you are going to try and attack my intelligence you'd better be squared away in your delivery.

Comment

Well, we've activated our missile system in Alaska (the one that has had about 50% success in previous testing) and the one at Barking Sands on Kauai ("just in case") and we've got this Naval exercise going on around the waters of Guam, and there's a Communist Chinese delegation observing the maneuvers. I guess we're in a pissing match with North Korea.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm Baacckk! Pau work.

With all the technology America has...

"If" North Korea launches (their missiles) dead or alive ~ we'll shoot it down over their Coastline.

"Particle Beamed Weapons"

Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Well, the tests that have been done thus far on that missile system have been less than spectacular. I think the odds of our being able to intercept a missile from North Korea before it hits US soil is significantly less than 100%.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                With all the technology America has... "If" North Korea launches (their missiles) dead or alive ~ we'll shoot it down over their Coastline.
                Have we ever successfully tested our missile defense/intercept systems? I mean, we've knocked one or two out, but if I recall correctly, many were severelyhandicapped tests -- we knew where and when the launch occurred, and in some tests, the target was broadcasting its location, or even flying at significantly reduced speeds. And we still missed a lot of the time.

There are a variety of ways to discourage N. Korea's test plans... but if they go ahead and launch, actually sabotaging the test (or, more likely, just trying but failing an intercept) will probably make a bigger mess than the one we'd have with just a splashdown. Even countries that don't like N. Korea would probably take issue with such direct action.

Not that such objections have stopped us before...

Comment

Hmmmm...only MI knows and those behind the scenes?

I hope and pray it does work 100%.

I have faith in our United States of America!

I'm hungry for Fried Mandoo?

"Hang Yang" here I come!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Speaking for myself I don't see a problem with North Korea test firing a missle that they built. And so far they seem to be doing the right thing, as far as notify to the rest of the world that they are going to do it. As long as the flight doesn't attempt to hit somebody else's plane, ship or piece of real estate.

Comment

Wow! I just read this now in The StarBulletin.com.
                      http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/21/news/story07.html
                      "Japanese ship to participate in U.S. missile test off Kauai!"

"Today, the San Diego-based cruiser USS Shiloh will fire a Standard Missile 3 and try to intercept a drone missile midcourse in its flight northeast of Kauai fired from the facility.

It will be the eighth attempt at a missile intercept. Six of the previous seven flight tests had been successful with missiles fired from the Pearl Harbor-based cruiser USS Lake Erie."

However, the article also states "As part of the U.S. anti-ballistic missile shield, two Navy Aegis warships -- similar to the Lake Erie and the Shiloh -- are now patrolling the water near North Korea."

Unfortunately, they do not pocess the same interceptor missiles being tested on Kauai.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wow! I just read this now in The StarBulletin.com.
                        http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/21/news/story07.html
                        "Japanese ship to participate in U.S. missile test off Kauai!"
                        They had to reschedule the test off Kauai for tomorrow, Tita. A small private boat got in the way of the firing range today.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          They had to reschedule the test off Kauai for tomorrow, Tita. A small private boat got in the way of the firing range today.

Miulang
                          Tita Miulang, I know I shouldn't be laughing but I am.

A small Private Boat?

Hala! We in trouble!!!!!

NOT.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

However, the article also states "As part of the U.S. anti-ballistic missile shield, two Navy Aegis warships -- similar to the Lake Erie and the Shiloh -- are now patrolling the water near North Korea."

Unfortunately, they do not pocess the same interceptor missiles being tested on Kauai.
                            The way I read the article is that the job of those two ships is not to intercept the missile in flight but rather track the progress of the missile's flight.

A small Private Boat?

Hala! We in trouble!!!!!
                            Nope, it's the concept of range safety. The last thing someone needs is pieces of stuff from missiles colliding in mid-air to boats below that is not supposed to be there.

Comment

I think we're mostly relying on the missiles that are siloed in Alaska to provide the protection. (We also have some silos in California). But the system has never been fully tested, and what tests there have been of the dummy missiles, they haven't been very accurate.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Miulang
                                They (USA) practiced. The target was hit on the nose!

Yipeeeeeee!

More please! Practice makes Perrrrfect!

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; June 23, 2006, 07:46 AM. Reason: Clarity.

Comment

Working...
                                X