X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Karen View Post
    Wow, Vanguard, good find and thanks for posting.
    Aww thanks

So Obama wins Guam by 7 votes. It goes to show you how important the individual voter is!

And in other news, Hillary will work her heart out for Senator Obama should he win the nomination. The crowd goes wild. Listen closely to what they're saying!

Comment

Saw Hillary get interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. Don't you love how he treats his guests.....all of them. He doesn't let anybody off the hook, or dance around the answers.

Obama better give him some time, cause Hillary did well under the heat of Oreilly's wicked tongue.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        Saw Hillary get interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. Don't you love how he treats his guests.....all of them. He doesn't let anybody off the hook, or dance around the answers.

Obama better give him some time, cause Hillary did well under the heat of Oreilly's wicked tongue.
        Uhhh, Obama already gave an exclusive, one-on-one interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News channel. And he did it three days before Billo interviewed Hillary. Just like hoping on John McCain's bandwagon in proposing a summer "holiday" on the gas tax, Hill's appearance on Fox News seems to be another instance of her engaging in "me too" campaigning.

And if you ask me, choosing to be interviewed by Wallace was the right choice. Hard to take someone like Billo seriously. After all, we're talking about a man who has cluttered his show with stories about Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) and actually wants to hold a conference to discuss some racy photos of the Disney star.

If Obama appeared on the O'Reilly Factor, what's next? An exclusive interview with the National Enquirer?
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

He kinda treats everybody with a biting attack style. But when he's pushing buttons and makin folks uncomfortable is when those folks tend to say what they really mean, with a lot less double-speak and political mumbo jumbo. Nothing wrong with the facts, in Cliff's Note's style. How many other shows have Al Sharpton as a regular? I like Al Sharpton a lot. (Yup, I said it.)

I don't watch Wallace enough to know about him. Maybe I'll give it a look. I remember watching an Obama interview about 2 months ago, or sumfin.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

He kinda treats everybody with a biting attack style. But when he's pushing buttons and makin folks uncomfortable is when those folks tend to say what they really mean, with a lot less double-speak and political mumbo jumbo. Nothing wrong with the facts, in Cliff's Note's style.
            Whatever. O'Reilly's career has always been about sensationalism and self-promotion, going back to the days when he was the host of Inside Edition, where he tried to out-sensationalize rival tabloid news programs like Maury Povich's Current Affair and Geraldo. Nothing wrong with that, in and of itself. But I just wish he would quit it with his continual claims that "the spin stops here." But then again, what do you expect from a program aired on a network (Fox News) that claims to be "Fair and Balanced." Oh puhleeze!

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann obviously brings a liberal slant to his Countdown program, but at least he doesn't try to hide his agenda with hypocritical slogans claiming to be completely neutral and objective.

How many other shows have Al Sharpton as a regular? I like Al Sharpton a lot. (Yup, I said it.)
            Sharpton also makes the rounds on MSNBC too. Agree or disagree with him, he's very animated when delivering his commentary.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 4, 2008, 07:09 PM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Obama's bomb sniffing dog leaves his own personal editorial on Time reporter's laptop

Comment

• Re: It's all but over ..............

Obama's massive win in North Carolina may be the "knock-out" blow he's lacked up to this point. Clinton's win in Indiana cannot offset this.

After hearing McCain's comments about appointing "strict constructionist" justices to the Supreme Court, I can't see myself voting for him.

Comment

Not banging you here, FMkt.
                  Olberman brings a brutaly honest/truthfully insightful retort to this administrations non-stop criminal antics. That is not a liberal slant. It's simply the truth. That he is about the only media face to have the guts to tell it straight makes it seem RADICAL. If there had been a media full of KO's the last 10 or so years, we wouldn't be in the sick mess we are.
                  It has lately become fashionable to label everything, even erroneously, and anything said against these guy's and thier cohorts is cursed as liberal, as if liberal is something bad.
                  Sensibly Liberal/Conservative is great. Stupid is just stupid, until it reaches the degree it now has, and becomes deadly dangerous.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    Obama's massive win in North Carolina may be the "knock-out" blow he's lacked up to this point. Clinton's win in Indiana cannot offset this.
                    That is true. Obama will probably net 15 delegates from North Carolina while Indiana will give Clinton 2 at the most. So today's results totally nullfies her gain in Pennsylvania two weeks ago.

But I wouldn't count on Clinton dropping out of the race just yet. She's smart enough to know that she can't catch Obama in pledged delegates. And she knows better than all of the pundits that with today's results, she's not going to get the support of enough superdelegates to secure the nomination. But I think she will carry on with her campaign, for a couple of reasons.

1) The West Virginia and Kentucky primaries are coming up, with Clinton favored in each. These states (and all of the other remaining states) have smaller delegations. But still, victories in these states would allow Hillary to bow out of the race on a higher note.

2) More importantly, the Clinton presidential campaign is in massive debt. Hillary has already loaned her own campaign $5 million. By continuing to stay in the race even though it is pretty much hopeless, she can continue to raise funds. So Clinton donors beware! Any money you donate to Hillary from here on out might merely be used to pay down her campaign debts rather than used in any serious campaign efforts for the rest of the primaries.

Comment

Then, there are the 19 delegates pledged to John Edwards of NC. It may be time for Edwards to release them, if he legally can do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        You may not have intended it, but thanks for providing more testimony that shows Bush's administration screwed everything up, Craig.
                        Hey it's what I do
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                          After hearing McCain's comments about appointing "strict constructionist" justices to the Supreme Court, I can't see myself voting for him.
                          With all of the attention lavished on the primaries in North Carolina and Indiana, this story definitely got buried. But yeah, it could turn out to be a very significant issue in a General Election battleground between McCain and Obama.

McCain stating that he intends to carefully screen and appoint only justices who passes his litmus test on key judicial issues, it does set off the alarms of all groups who are concerned about protecting Roe vs. Wade. You know, it's really funny. Everyone's talking about Obama having to do this and that to woo Clinton's supporters into his camp by the time Nov. 4 rolls around. But if McCain keeps up with this kind of rhetoric without the distraction of the Democratic primary, Obama won't have to woo Clinton supporters who are women and pro-choice. McCain is going to do the job for him, by scaring those groups all the way to the polling booths, if only to vote against a candidate who intends to appoint ultra conservative justices who will try to overturn Roe vs. Wade. In this way, McCain's policies could unwittingly play a major role in unifying the Democratic Party after what has been a very divisive nomination battle.
                          Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 7, 2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Should Obama pick Clinton to be his VP?

Now that Obama seems to have the nomination in sight, I was wondering today if Hillary on the ticket as his VP would strengthen or weaken the democrat's chances of winning in November.

She seems to be strong in areas he's weak and vice versa.

But she brings all kinds of baggage. So I wonder: Would she be a net plus or minus to the ticket? I tend to think she's be a plus.

Bob

Comment

The right-wingers have been chipping away Roe vs. Wade and probably think it's time to deliver a hammer blow with an ultra-conservative bloc on the Supreme Court.

But, I don't think that will happen, starting with a loss in the presidential race by the Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                                Should Obama pick Clinton to be his VP?

Now that Obama seems to have the nomination in sight, I was wondering today if Hillary on the ticket as his VP would strengthen or weaken the democrat's chances of winning in November.
                                Hillary Clinton brings too many negatives. I'm not sure if I'd even vote for Obama if Hillary is anywhere on that ticket.

Currently, my top 2 picks for VP under Obama:

Kathleen Sebelius -- Governor of Kansas, she is the one with the experience, plus she was there for Barack before Super Tuesday. She has executive experience, plus her experience as an elected official goes back to 1986 (no, not First Lady).

Bill Richardson -- Governor of New Mexico, holding US Secretary of Energy and US Ambassador to the UN. So he has executive experience plus international relations. I think Richardson should be somewhere prominently in the cabinet if he doesn't make VP.

I wonder if Howard Dean would consider being on the VP ticket? He was my pick in 2004.

It's been speculated that Hillary may be staying in the race at this point as a favor to the Democratic Party so Obama doesn't lose to a dropped-out Hillary in Kentucky and West Virginia, and she can leave on a high note. Interesting idea, let's wait and see.
                                Last edited by Vanguard; May 8, 2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X