No announcement yet.

Who will you vote for President ’08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will you vote for President ’08?

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    ...and bush even from what i heard served in the military so he knew what to do and same with mccain...
    bush was in the texas national guard during the vietnam war years but never went to war. in fact, it looks like he and his prominent family did what they could so that he could avoid actually fighting.

mccain, on the other hand, actually went to vietnam and was a prisoner of war.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
      hi this is sansei and in response to scrivener.i realize that a war is going on only say's it's a future war when mccain is still president,then if their could happen to be a future war,he'd mccain would know what to do
      So you're going to pick a candidate based on what he could do if a FUTURE war were begun, and not based on what he WILL do about the CURRENT war?

and bush even from what i heard served in the military so he knew what to do and same with mccain,i hope this may help with your thoughts?
      No, this doesn't help with my thoughts at all. Please read this part of President Bush's biography at Wikipedia, and see if that helps with YOUR thoughts.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to scrivener,i read it and understand what is posted only he was in the texas air national guard which proves he was in the military even though he didnt actually fight in the war and i agree that mccain was a prisoner of war only these are the similaritie's which both have and they have their similarite's on both part's and this would be on why i vote mccain since he's somewhat like bush.

wel thank's for your time

Comment

Dang. I can't change my vote... can I?

Comment

Obama, because he will support the Hawaiian people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
              Obama, because he will support the Hawaiian people.
              I hadn't heard this angle before. What has he said about Hawaiian issues?
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                If you could, who would vote for instead? Maybe admin can accomodate you.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                  I think you punched a hole for Pat Bucannon.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    If you could, who would vote for instead? Maybe admin can accomodate you.
                    Nah, I think we should leave it, and start a new poll each month up to November. See if numbers change.
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Good question. He seldom ever talks about Hawaii on the campaign trail. In fact, his latest TV commercial plays up his roots in Kansas and the Heartland, with no mention of Hawaii or Indonesia.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Good question. He seldom ever talks about Hawaii on the campaign trail. In fact, his latest TV commercial plays up his roots in Kansas and the Heartland, with no mention of Hawaii or Indonesia.
                        Obama understands Hawai'i history better than any of the other candidates.

Plus, earlier this year, he provided the following comments in response to a question on the Akaka Bill:

“This is an important bill, and if it is not signed into law this year, I will commit to supporting it as president. The process set forth in this important legislation empowers Native Hawaiians to explore and address the longstanding issues resulting from the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawai'i. As Americans, we pride ourselves on safeguarding the practice and ideas of liberty, justice and freedom. By enacting this legislation, we can continue this great American tradition and fulfill this promise for Native Hawaiians and ensure that they are not left behind as Hawai'i continues to progress.”

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

Plus, earlier this year, he provided the following comments in response to a question on the Akaka Bill:

This is an important bill, and if it is not signed into law this year, I will commit to supporting it as president. The process set forth in this important legislation empowers Native Hawaiians to explore and address the longstanding issues resulting from the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawai'i. As Americans, we pride ourselves on safeguarding the practice and ideas of liberty, justice and freedom. By enacting this legislation, we can continue this great American tradition and fulfill this promise for Native Hawaiians and ensure that they are not left behind as Hawai'i continues to progress.”

Comment

Usually when I vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate, I'm not really voting for the candidate but for the party and its continued inclusion on future ballots in this state.
                            In a different thread a few weeks ago, I speculated as to whether or not you would vote for Barr (I didn't say it at the time, but I was wondering about his questionable credentials as a Libertarian, as noted by TuNnL). Your reasoning for voting Libertarian makes sense to me. I may or may not agree with it (depends on the mood you catch me in), but it makes sense nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                              I think we can safely say that Obama understands Hawai'i better than any US President, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                                I think we can safely say that Obama understands Hawai'i better than any US President, as well.
                                Considering his main competition for that moniker is Grover Cleveland and Bill Clinton, I would have to agree.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X