• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

The ebay jet sale was a fib:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...ie-922493.html

Comment

Breaking news: a McCain campaign adviser announces that Palin will submit to her first interview as the VP nominee with ABC's Charlie Gibson this Thursday and Friday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...onY5QD93256F03
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        I didn't say the city council had anything to do with it. As far I can tell, it was TuNnl who brought that up, not me.
        Yes, it was TuNnl. You were commenting on my post in which I had asked TuNnl where he got his information about this supposed pressure from the city council. I just assumed you meant your post to be relevant to what you were commenting on. My mistake, evidently.
        That's rich of you, Greg. Saying that I'm guilty of distortion when, right here in this post, you attribute to me a statement that I did not make.
        What in the world are you talking about? What statement did I attribute to you?
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
          I don't see anything here, or elsewhere, about the city council pressuring her to hire a deputy administrator. So where are you getting this stuff?
          I never said the city council pressured her. You are misinterpreting my post. Let's look at what I did say:
          Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          Hiring an administrator was a step Palin took under severe pressure, after the Wasilla city council threatened to recall her as mayor, because of her alarming blunders.
          No where in my post does it say it was the Wasilla city council exerting the pressure. But obviously if Palin was on the verge of being recalled by the council, she needed to reach out to someone for help, and that someone (not surprisingly) ended up being her GOP party elders who pushed the hiring of an administrator. His name: John Cramer. You yourself claim not to dispute this.
          Last edited by TuNnL; September 7, 2008, 02:36 PM. Reason: GregLee’s semantics

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Charlie Gibson is almost as old as John McCain. Does Palin have a thing for 'grandfather' types? Does she think old men will treat her with more "respect and deference" and won't ask the hard questions?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              ... if Palin was on the verge of being recalled by the council, ...
              The city council could not recall Palin. "Recall" refers to citizens' right to vote to remove an elected official from office. The city council did not elect Palin and could not recall Palin. Voters of Wasilla elected Palin and could have recalled her, though they didn't. This story about the city council pressuring Palin by threatening to recall her just makes no sense.
              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                Sarah said she put in on ebay. She didn't say she sold it for a profit on ebay. Where's the fib?
                Greg

Comment

Sarah said she put in on ebay. She didn't say she sold it for a profit on ebay. Where's the fib?
                  McCain fibbed it.

Comment

Yes, it was TuNnl. You were commenting on my post in which I had asked TuNnl where he got his information about this supposed pressure from the city council. I just assumed you meant your post to be relevant to what you were commenting on. My mistake, evidently.

What in the world are you talking about? What statement did I attribute to you?
                    The idea that it was the city council that applied pressure on then-mayor Palin to hire an administrator.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Charlie Gibson is almost as old as John McCain. Does Palin have a thing for 'grandfather' types? Does she think old men will treat her with more "respect and deference" and won't ask the hard questions?
                      Would Mike Wallace ask her tough questions?

Comment

That's rich of you, Greg. Saying that I'm guilty of distortion when, right here in this post, you attribute to me a statement that I did not make.
                        The idea that it was the city council that applied pressure on then-mayor Palin to hire an administrator.
                        What kind of double-talk is this? You accuse me of attributing a statement to you, then say, no, it was an "idea" I attributed to you? I pointed out that Kilkenny said nothing about Palin being pressured by the city council, and she didn't, and you said I was spinning or disputing her account, which I was not.
                        Greg

Comment

What kind of double-talk is this? You accuse me of attributing a statement to you, then say, no, it was an "idea" I attributed to you?
                          Reduced to fiddling over semantics, Greg? That's always the last resort of someone who has nothing of substance to argue with.

Bottom line is,... you directly responded to one of my posts by saying,

Yes, I've seen that version of the rumor. But "party power-brokers" is not the city council -- it's the Republican Party. And, wandering about the Web, I see two versions of this: (1) it was political patronage -- a party stalwart needed a job, or (2) the Party saw her as an up-and-comer, and the administrator was sort of a watchdog, grooming her for bigger and better things. Now, pray tell, what did the city council have to do with it?
                          To which I replied,

I didn't say the city council had anything to do with it. As far I can tell, it was TuNnl who brought that up, not me.
                          Honestly Greg, if you can't even remember what you were posting earlier today,...

I pointed out that Kilkenny said nothing about Palin being pressured by the city council, and she didn't, and you said I was spinning or disputing her account, which I was not.
                          I didn't say you actually spinned or disputed her account. I said,

You can dispute or spin Kilkenny's account of the matter. But given a choice between believing you or her, I hate to say it Greg, but in my mind, you would lose.
                          IOW, I was trying to preempt any spin or dispute on what Anne Kilkenny wrote in her e-mail. Silly me, taking it for granted that you could understand that.

I'm all for having vigorous, even hard-hitting discussion on topics like this. But I have no desire to further waste my time arguing in circles like this. If it gives you satisfaction to get the last word in, then go ahead and knock yourself out. I'll reply to you again when you actually have something of substance to offer.

Until then, have a nice day.

Comment

It is being revealed just exactly what kind of religious screwballs and weirdos Sarah Palin and her Wasilla church are. This is scarry stuff. It makes Jim Jones look mainstream. In fact the movement that Sarah Palin belongs to has been declared heretical by the leadership of the Assemblies of God. Read the details here.

This is what poster "gypsylcd" wrote about the article:

"I have a Masters in divinity and most of a Doctor of Ministry. To the best of my knowledge and recollection, this article is factual and fairly comprehensive. What this points out is not only the extreme nature of some religious movements in North America now and in the past but that McCain is so far in over his head that he will NEVER understand what happened. The McCain campaign, carried along by the fixation to win, is being swept down the rapids, bounced off boulders, and about to launch over the falls. The only real decision remaining is do we choose to go along with the same "plan". Scares the bejeebers out of me."

Friends, keep your eye on the ball. This is beyond politics. This woman, Ms Palin, is dangerous. She is a monster. If evil ever wore lipstrick, this is it.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Palin's record on Alaska Native and Tribal Issues:

http://joyharjo.blogspot.com/2008/09...ka-native.html

1. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Subsistence Fishing

2. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Subsistence Hunting

3. Palin has attacked Alaska Tribal Sovereignty

4. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Languages

In sum, measured against some the rights that are most fundamental to Alaska Native Tribes –
                              the subsistence way of life, tribal sovereignty and voting rights – Palin’s record is a failure.

Comment

There are a few songs with the name "Sarah" that she might ask permission to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X