Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Palin's record on Alaska Native and Tribal Issues:

1. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Subsistence Fishing

2. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Subsistence Hunting

3. Palin has attacked Alaska Tribal Sovereignty

4. Palin has attacked Alaska Native Languages

In sum, measured against some the rights that are most fundamental to Alaska Native Tribes –
    the subsistence way of life, tribal sovereignty and voting rights – Palin’s record is a failure.
    Oh, on the contrary, Peshkwe! These kinds of positions makes Gov. Palin an absolute darling with hardcore right wingers.

I mean that in all seriousness. It's no joke.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Palin needs to hook up with Kwame Kilpatrick about how not to handle emails:

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/9...secret_emails/

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
        Palin needs to hook up with Kwame Kilpatrick about how not to handle emails:

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/9...secret_emails/
        Palin's office claimed most of the undisclosed emails were exempt from release because they were covered by the "executive" or "deliberative process" privileges that protect communications between Palin and her aides about policy matters.

She's the perfect replacement for Cheney!

Comment

Uhhhhh-huh....shhhooooot...*flips hair*

Kwame tried that too and Oh SNAP! *flips up hand and hisses like a steam radiator*

Mayah Playah went and caught some time.

Comment

What's the difference between Palin and Muslim fundamentalists? Lipstick

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Oh, on the contrary, Peshkwe! These kinds of positions makes Gov. Palin an absolute darling with hardcore right wingers.

I mean that in all seriousness. It's no joke.
              Just for contrast:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...ave/rave30.txt

Comment

"Sarah, You're the poet in my heart."

Comment

I hope her handlers don't make her play the victim, because a pitbull doesn't get her feelings hurt when called a "lipstick on a pig."

Comment

Gun loving men love Palin.

Reminds me of grade school, when the boys fell over each other to defend the honor of the cutest girl in class, because, you know, girls are pretty and have delicate feelings and need protecting.

Oh I can see a great screenplay in the works. There's a country we need to justify going to war with. We send Palin (as VP or ambassador of hawtness) over for some peace talk. Oh noes, she gots assassinated! HOW UNGENTLEMANLY! GRRR GRRR ANGRY ROAR! NUKE'UM ALL! THEY TOUCHES OUR WOMANES!

Friggin primates.

I tend to agree with Xavier's views on gun ownership. He's fairly well spoken, when the testosterone isn't pumping. Makes me sad.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Things just seem to be going from bad to worse for Sarah Palin. I decided to check out the CNN homepage (LikaNui inspired me with all his polls ) and of course, who’s on the front cover. Apparently, an Alaska judge warned Palin and her family to stop trying to get Trooper Mike Wooten fired way back in 2005. And yet, she admits her staff was still making inquiries into Wooten’s employment status in 2008. At this point, I think it’s obvious that Palin’s family feud did spill over into her public life, and that she acted inappropriately.

So why isn’t the GOP doing something about this? They need to have her on the record putting this matter to rest. Don’t they realize that sequestering Palin from media interviews only makes her look more guilty?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        So why isn’t the GOP doing something about this? They need to have her on the record putting this matter to rest. Don’t they realize that sequestering Palin from media interviews only makes her look more guilty?
                        I swear, if ABC's Charlie Gibson doesn't any questions to Palin re: her defying the orders of the Alaskan state judge, then he's in the tank for the GOP!
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                          I decided to check out the CNN homepage (LikaNui inspired me with all his polls )
                          I... I... I'm speechless! And see how well it worked out for you? You found that item about Sarah and the judge there! Guess I'd better post more CNN polls, now that I know you love 'em.
                          Anyway. It seems a bit odd that the Dems aren't hammering Sarah even harder when all these things keep popping up from her past. Maybe they're hoping the media will do it for them?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            It seems a bit odd that the Dems aren't hammering Sarah even harder when all these things keep popping up from her past.
                            At this point, the Democrat campaign is inept, in every way.

In my opinion, it is embarrassing how Obama is fawning (to seek favor or attention by flattery and obsequious behavior) over O'Reilly in his interview. Is that the way Obama is going to deal with hostile Heads of State?

Sarah Palin is an extremist and liar and should be exposed as such. Screw sexism! McCain's own female campaign manager wrote a book entitled "Lipstick on a Pig." McCain used the term last year to describe Hillary's health care plan.

McCain is an empty flight suit and should be exposed as such.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              McCain's own female campaign manager wrote a book entitled "Lipstick on a Pig." McCain used the term last year to describe Hillary's health care plan.
                              Haha. Interesting, Matapule.
                              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                              "
                              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                              X