X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Palin's connection to Hawai'i

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Sarah Palin attended 5 colleges over a 6 year period. After graduating from high school, the first college she attended was Hawai'i Pacific in the Fall, 1982. Read about her higher education here.
    I'm going to give her a break by giving her a kamaina rate.

Comment

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

McCain defends Palin...
      (Sumthin' tells me "C" bombs are being dropped all over the place!)

Comment

Well...looks like she's not all that interested in infrastructure in the rural areas.

http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/opinion/29766769.html

After 11 years working in rural Alaska, I feel obligated to share my observations regarding the Third World living conditions facing more than 200 rural Native communities, and the state of Alaska’s lack of attention to the many inequities they suffer.

While Governor Palin claims “exemplary leadership” and attempts to become vice president of the United States, the truth is that rural Alaska is a disaster in multiple areas: its human health, lack of infrastructure, environment and economy are equal to that of Third World countries. Sarah Palin is a single-issue governor who fails to effectively address these critical needs.

Alaska has one of the highest rates of homelessness per capita in the U.S., overflowing sewage lagoons in dozens of communities and no running water in more than 150 villages – that’s almost 25 percent of the population without running water.

Governor Palin has demonstrated how out of touch she is with Alaska while she continues to ignore the needs of the homeless; fails to recognize Third World living conditions in her home state; and ignores climate change victims, polluted waters, village health hazards and unattended military contaminant sites.

Comment

I don't remember if anyone in this thread mentioned the item about how often Sarah Palin redecorated her office. I think it was three or four times in her short tenure. Maybe someone can provide links to that story?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I saw Tina Fey's routine last night too. Verrrrry funny! I wonder how much SNL is paying her to come back and do that. I'll bet it's a bunch.
            I didn't see the original Couric interview. Anyone have a link? I didn't see one on CBS.com.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Here's one that mentions it:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...7/palin_mayor/

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I saw Tina Fey's routine last night too. Verrrrry funny! I wonder how much SNL is paying her to come back and do that. I'll bet it's a bunch.
                I didn't see the original Couric interview. Anyone have a link? I didn't see one on CBS.com.

Here's the Couric interview:

day 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc

and day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkCZV83Cp8

Comment

Plenty of it on youtube.

Per redecorating her office
                  I wonder if it's wall to wall, ceiling and floor, moose coat...
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Per redecorating her office
                    I wonder if it's wall to wall, ceiling and floor, moose coat...
                    I read one report about the redecoration (it was a month ago, lost the link) that said the office was done in red flocked wallpaper. The reporter said it looked like a bordello! But then Palin is Alaska's version of Martha Stewart. I'm sure that Palin's version of fine dining is a meal at Sizzlers.

It really grates on me when Palin calls it Eye Rack when it is E Rock. The same when she says Eye Ran when it is E Ron. I went to school with my good friend Sohrab from Tehran. It was a huge insult to an Iranian (E Ron Ian) when someone called their country Eye Ran. Palin is uncouth and uneducated. She is going to make a big (bad) impression on the people of the Middle East. I can't wait to see Palin wearing a burka if she is sent on a mission to Iran!!!!!!

BTW, Iranians are really big with the "stink eye" which they call the "evil eye." I betcha Palin'll geta lotta stink eye if she is sent to the Mi'le East. Ah sure.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I read one report about the redecoration (it was a month ago, lost the link) that said the office was done in red flocked wallpaper. The reporter said it looked like a bordello![...]
                      Peshkwe links it in post 351 above. Between McCain dropping "C" bombs and Palin plastering walls with red flocked paper, I'm speechless! I truly am!

Comment

It really grates on me when Palin calls it Eye Rack when it is E Rock. The same when she says Eye Ran when it is E Ron. I went to school with my good friend Sohrab from Tehran. It was a huge insult to an Iranian (E Ron Ian) when someone called their country Eye Ran. Palin is uncouth and uneducated. She is going to make a big (bad) impression on the people of the Middle East. I can't wait to see Palin wearing a burka if she is sent on a mission to Iran!!!!!!
                        The burqa is from Afghanistan for the most part. In Iran, women are required to wear rusari, which is simply a scarf for the hair (in addition to form concealing clothing). Technically they are supposed to cover all the hair, but it is very common for younger women to reveal a bit of hair. The government there can't do much about this, or the underground parties that are on the rise. Your friend Sohrab would probably bristle at you asserting the burqa as an Iranian thing. And yes, some do cover everything, but that is called a chador, not a burqa, and it is not required (it is worn by religious women).

Palin's ignorance on the subject is not surprising, and pales in comparison to McCain, who gave us this bit of wisdom several months ago. This alone makes me vote for Obama whole-heartedly.
                        Last edited by Vanguard; September 29, 2008, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Palin could not refer to any court cases besides Roe vs. Wade.

Comment

Palin cannot name a single newspaper or magazine that she reads when asked by Katie Couric. She just says, "All of'm." I guess that was one of those "trapdoor" questions that McCain referred to.

EMBARRASSING!
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Palin cannot name a single newspaper or magazine that she reads when asked by Katie Couric. She just says, "All of'm." I guess that was one of those "trapdoor" questions that McCain referred to.

EMBARRASSING!
                              Horst: You have been safety inspector for two years. What initiatives have you spearheaded in that time?
                              Homer Simpson: Uh…All of them?
                              Horst: I see.

Comment

I saw that. Surely, Palin could have said Time, Newsweek, or Wall Street Journal. But maybe she was spooked out about the idea of Couric following it up with a question like "Who's your favorite columnist?" And if she gives a wrong name for the publication, it's a gaffe. Right now, Palin is so paralyzed with fear about anything she says or does becoming a gaffe. It is all too apparent that the Alaska Gov. is woefully unprepared to handle the pressure of a national campaign.

This part will be shown on tomorrow's CBS Evening News. And folks in the know said that when Couric pressed her to cite Supreme Court cases other than Roe, she was literally at a loss for words. Now, if you think Palin rambling on senselessly was bad, wait till you see dead air from her.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X