• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unsettled Economy & The Bailout

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Mata seems to think there were no WMD's in Iraq

Try here... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

It is one of my favorite lies.
    Ah, in the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, "Eh, eh, there you go again Tim."

Tim likes to tell his lie over and over again, hoping that if he tells the lie enough that it will become the truth.

Tim, you like to quote Faux News, which is any thing but "Fair and Balanced," well try this nugget from your beloved Faux News:

And if you don't find Faux News a reliable source of information, but a reliable source of right wing propaganda, then maybe you will believe the words of the master of lies and deception himself!
    Last edited by matapule; February 20, 2009, 03:30 AM.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• Re: Nabobinator! Now that's gold!

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      Is that a bad thing? The money went to the banks who now have more to loan.
      The problem is that the banks are not making loans. That is one of the biggest crticisms of the bailout money, banks have used that money to enhance their "bottom line" by acquiring assets (enriching the stockholders), not making loans.

And by reducing debt, it help stabilize the economy. The whole thing started falling apart from some people who got into too much debt.
      No, the problem is the banks started making loans to people who weren't qualified.

Let me give you this example. My neighbor said that he was looking for a second home in Southern California about 3 years ago. He found a beautiful, new development of $1M homes in Carlsbad, CA. He told the developer that he didn't think he was qualified on his retirement income. The developer said no problem, they could get him a loan for 105% of the purchase price - he didn't even have to come up with the closing costs! My friend looked around the neighborhood of those $1M homes that had sold and noticed no one had put in their landscaping and everyone was driving 10 to 15 year old cars. He found out that the owners were so far in debt with their house payments, they couldn't afford to finish their homes including furniture. My friend passed on the purchase.

This is an example of the "sub prime" market that developed as a result of removing oversight and regulation of the banking industry that first started with Reagan and continued through every presidential administration up to W.

Reducing consumer debt is good. That happens by living a lifestyle you can afford on your earned income. Distributing government money to consumers to reduce debt is not good.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        No, the problem is the banks started making loans to people who weren't qualified.
        Same problem, different blame, no? Your friend saved himself by not taking on debt he couldn't afford.

And what happens when someone who is up to their eyeballs in credit card debt loses their job - compared to someone who has no debt? Bigger economic ripples. Paying down the debt may not stimulate things back to growth, but it will soften the crash.

Comment

This is an example of the "sub prime" market that developed as a result of removing oversight and regulation of the banking industry that first started with Reagan and continued through every presidential administration up to W.
          And Clinton didn't noticed the problem?

Oh, yeah. He had intern-al issues distracting his presidency.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            Is that a bad thing? The money went to the banks who now have more to loan. And by reducing debt, it help stabilize the economy. The whole thing started falling apart from some people who got into too much debt.
            It really does nothing to stimulate the economy, as the earlier poster suggested. Paying down personal debt is not moving money into the general economy - it was already "spent" via credit card. And I believe Matapule already commented on what the banks are doing with the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              How interesting it must be to go through life completely ignoring facts. Item 1 is a leftover scrap fallacy from the election campaign of 2008, item 2 was disproven earlier in this thread.
              Facts? You mean William Ayers is not an unrepentant terrorist? Why don't you read this article on today's New York Times:http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5AC0A9679C8B63

Obama launched his political career from the living room of William Ayers, who was throwing a bash. This is documented fact. William Ayers is a staunch Obama supporter today, and has donated a lot of money and support to his campaign.

$5M to ACORN was on FOX News. I'll have to take matters up with them. But so should you.

Comment

Sorry for one more response, but I just caught this one. At the risk of steering this thread WAY off course, I'd love to know what concerns you have with gays in the armed forces. If I start a thread with that question, would you respond there, Mr. B?

Here is your chance to explain your position.
                Why don't you ask the majority of guys in the military? It's their opinion that really counts.

Hey, I've been to an exercise spas where gays checked me out in the shower room butt naked. Real men don't dig that crap.

Comment

Boy, talk about a bar fight. Yeehaw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                    Why don't you ask the majority of guys in the military? It's their opinion that really counts.
                    It's your opinion that was expressed here, so I'm asking you for explanation; are you in the military? If so, I thank you for your service to our country.
                    Hey, I've been to an exercise spas where gays checked me out in the shower room butt naked. Real men don't dig that crap.
                    Real men aren't homophobic.

Comment

It's your opinion that was expressed here, so I'm asking you for explanation; are you in the military? If so, I thank you for your service to our country.
                      Real men aren't homophobic.
                      Hey, Look, not even Clinton was brass enough to do what Obama did in a heart beat! Clinton tried, but the opposition was too great. Obama didn't even bother to ask!

Secondly, women don't like men staring at them. So why should you expect heterosexual men to be any different? Only losers resort to name calling when someone disagrees with their point of view. For liberals, freedom of speech only applies to those who agree with their philosophy. Besides, you're grossly misusing the term in this case. Disliking something and being afraid of it are two different things.

Comment

If you'd like to continue this aspect of the discussion further, let's "take it outside" ... outside this thread, that is, to the one I created specifically to discuss gays in the armed forces. Then people can continue on topic here.

Comment

Give me some links to what you re talking about, please. This sounds like some sound bites from the Dredge Report or the Lush Rimbarf "show."
                          Here. Now be happy. Bhwaa haa haa haaaa!
                          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...ions-overseas/

Comment

Hey, Look, not even Clinton was brass enough to do what Obama did in a heart beat!
                            What did Obama do?

Secondly, women don't like men staring at them. So why should you expect heterosexual men to be any different?
                            Nabob, I would love it if you stared at me. BARRY POST YOUR JOKE NOW! (this is an inside joke between Barry and me)

For liberals, freedom of speech only applies to those who agree with their philosophy.
                            Is that why Lush Rimbarf screens calls so that only people who pander to him are allowed on the air? Didn't LL ask you to justify your judgement in this thread? Nabob, you are making yourself look foolish, and that comes from an expert in looking foolish!

Disliking something and being afraid of it are two different things.
                            Nabobinator, why is your life so filled with hate? I feel bad for you. You need to be "matapule ized." I look forward to meeting you. We'll tie one on and sing some ribald madrigals. We'll get "kona, lahi aupito." It is terribly liberalating and will make you a better Christian.

Comment

Do you have a survey that supports your assertion? Or are you just fabricating things?

Hey, I've been to an exercise spas where gays checked me out in the shower room butt naked.
                              Naughty boy! You must have been checking them out to see if they were checking you out! And you flatter yourself.

Real men don't dig that crap.
                              Real men are secure in their masculinity. Bob?

Comment

Why don't you read this article on today's New York Times
                                You mean the same NY Times that has been labeled as a Left w
                                Wing mouth piece? Yeegawds! the NY Times must have experienced the rapture!

Obama launched his political career from the living room of William Ayers, who was throwing a bash. This is documented fact. William Ayers is a staunch Obama supporter today, and has donated a lot of money and support to his campaign.
                                Nabobinator, you and Tim have the same problem: repeat the lie often enough and you hope that it will become the truth.

$5M to ACORN was on FOX News. I'll have to take matters up with them. But so should you.
                                I already have Nabob. Yes, Nabob, Faux News manufactures news to suit their agenda as many news outlets do. Liberalation can only come from seeking the truth.

Peace, out.

Comment

Working...
                                X