Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    I'm sorry, but your statement here is majorly wacked!

So now I'm a rascist. That's what liberals say when they run out of arguments and are unable to face reality.
    Bob, maybe I should have highlighted "leaders." I don't think YOU are a racist; I don't know you well enough (despite your loquaciousness online). What I was saying was that the organizations' leaders are motivated by issues of race and religion.

The attacks on Obama were initially motivated by discrimination based on race and religion. The poor guy has been under so much unusual scrutiny. Yes, unusual... What other president has been asked to prove so much? Isn't it kind of strange that the first president to have his documentation challenged is of 50% African descent?

It's not my statement that's whacked, it's the demands of these movements.

K?

And, are you insinuating I'm a liberal? Them's fighting words!
    Last edited by Kaonohi; February 12, 2010, 09:49 AM. Reason: Defamation of Character!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Bob,

I think it's time for me to not only respond, but to give you real feedback on your posts.

It is obvious to me that you have some genuine concerns about what is happening in the world and the potential impact on us HTers. In most instances, this would be overall appreciated - like a 'cane fire' warning or a 'tsunami warning,' etc. But, since we are an opinionated group, we hem, haw and argue what's important.

I perceive your sincerity. You CARE about us! (And humanity in general) Please don't let our disagreements spoil your special qualities, and those who disagree must do the same.

No one has a monopoly on Truth (unless 'salmoned' has some neat secrets he/she wants to share with me), and information interchange is the best we got if we don't have UltimateTruth....

So, don't take disagreements personal: it's a disagreement with the premise not with the delivery boy. Many times I have seen people declare their support of friendship with you, even though your ideas don't agree. We need PEACE in order to learn.

Ka`onohi
      Last edited by Kaonohi; February 12, 2010, 01:31 PM. Reason: Huh? WTF?
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Wrong again. W just spent and ran up the national credit card bill.
        Yes, it's true. W had annual deficits in the ballpark of $486 Billion with the exception of his implementation of the bailout package, of which he spent half. But Obama has nearly tripled it with a $1.3 Trillion. I declare him the Champion!

On top of that, he's committed to sending another 35,000 troops to Afghan at an estimated cost of $1 million per soldier.

I'll tell you a little secret, W is no longer President.

Comment

Gloria a dios! And guess what, Obama is left with trying to clean up his mess.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Bob,

I think it's time for me to not only respond, but to give you real feedback on your posts.

It is obvious to me that you have some genuine concerns about what is happening in the world and the potential impact on us HTers. In most instances, this would be overall appreciated - like a 'cane fire' warning or a 'tsunami warning,' etc. But, since we are an opinionated group, we hem, haw and argue what's important.

I perceive your sincerity. You CARE about us! (And humanity in general) Please don't let our disagreements spoil your special qualities, and those who disagree must do the same.

No one has a monopoly on Truth (unless 'salmoned' has some neat secrets he/she wants to share with me), and information interchange is the best we got if we don't have UltimateTruth....

So, don't take disagreements personal: it's a disagreement with the premise not with the delivery boy. Many times I have seen people declare their support of friendship with you, even though your ideas don't agree. We need PEACE in order to learn.

Ka`onohi
            Thanx, K

I suspected many of us are bigger than the petty sideswipes we throw at each other. I'm sure we're all in this for the fun. If I cause others to give pause and question their own thoughts and attitudes, then I've succeeded. We all have the freedom to choose what we believe. The main thing is we're presented both sides of an argument to make the best choice we can. And our mainstream media outlets are not giving us this choice.

Comment

Whadda ya mean, you can't rant and wank at the same time unless you are ambidexterous, which Bob ain't!

As far as Hawaiian statehood, Bob can wank rant all he wants, but that ain't gonna change either.
              It's amazing the things you get accused of...... WHATTYA MEAN I'M NOT ANDBIDEXTROUS!!?

Comment

If I cause others to give pause and question their own thoughts and attitudes, then I've succeeded..
                The only thing that has given me pause and questioned is your......sanity! But hey, it's a free country.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

You can cause people to "give pause and question their own thoughts and attitudes" but can you cause them to change their opinions? That's the real question.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

That's a no-brainer. Washington's dead.

"Dubya" OTOH...
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                      You can cause people to "give pause and question their own thoughts and attitudes" but can you cause them to change their opinions? That's the real question.
                      Nope. Even God might be challenged with that undertaking.

You know the saying, "You can lead a horse to water..."

Comment

The only thing that has given me pause and questioned is your......sanity! But hey, it's a free country.
                        Question is, "To an insane person, are you sane?"

Comment

Bob, show us your long form birth certificate.......end of argument.

Comment

Bob, show us your long form birth certificate.......end of argument.
                            Hmm. Have I stepped into a measuring contest?
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Nah. Matapule wants to know who I am, so she can send me flowers...

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                                I wish!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X