• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Hmmm... a new wrinkle in this controversy:

Anti-‘birther’ bill moves forward

By B.J. Reyes

POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Apr 21, 2010

A proposal aimed at stopping repeated requests for information from so-called "birthers" might also shut out legitimate information requests by the public, says a University of Hawaii professor opposed to the measure.
    I have to agree with Professor Kato on this one. As much as I think the “birthers” are nuisance with their frivolous inquiries, we must protect at all costs our citizenry’s right to question government as needed. This bill improperly infringes on that.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Yep - he ignored the question, as predicted.
      I've been away for a few days. I'm not a coward like you are. At least I can support my position with literature and common sense. I apply the same standards to all politicians, regardless of party affiliation, unlike many here.

The New World Order will have it's way regardless of whether Obama is in office. Getting Obama out of office won't stop the destruction, but it will at least slow it down. And besides, there are more influential people taking action in my stead, and that of millions of Americans.

My concern is for people like you who are completely in the dark about such matters, and are led like sheep to the slaughter, oblivious to what's really going on. People like Obama are empowered by the ignorant masses who will themselves to be blind, so long as they get their suv's, easy money and cozy lifestyle. This is like Babylon and Rome all over again. History indeed repeats itself.

Now, let's see you answer one of the many questions I posted on this thread.
      Last edited by Bobinator; April 27, 2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        Hmmm... a new wrinkle in this controversy:

I have to agree with Professor Kato on this one. As much as I think the “birthers” are nuisance with their frivolous inquiries, we must protect at all costs our citizenry’s right to question government as needed. This bill improperly infringes on that.
        Knowing the truth about our President is hardly frivolous. It's pure common sense. Is it frivolous for a country to ask for your passport before you enter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          [...]
          My concern is for people like you who are completely in the dark about such matters, and are led like sheep to the slaughter, oblivious to what's really going on. [...]
          Oh, Bob. Do you understand that there are HTers who feel exactly the same about you and your views? You are in a no-win situation here. The "other side" feels just as strongly about their views as you do about yours. Nuthin' wrong with that except you keep coming in here and beating a dead horse. You're not making any converts. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs. This is America, after all. But do you really think you can come back to this thread time and time again and make people believe you? I think not. Let go and preach to a forum of like minds.

Comment

I've been away for a few days.
            Yet you responded to my post WITHOUT addressing my question - just as you did the last time, so you were here and you saw it - but as usual, avoided it.
            You first; still waiting (though not really, because I know you will never have an answer.)
            Knowing the truth about our President is hardly frivolous.
            So, as I asked before: why don't YOU file a lawsuit? Put up or ... well, you know.

Comment

If it's good once, it's good twice.

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                I think I just fell in love. Too bad I'm already married, Tatt!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

How about you answer the ONE question that's been posted to you in this thread? Like - we asked first, so you answer first?

Sorry we know better.

What? You think no one's paying attention?
                  You think if you don't answer you can keep this thread going forever?
                  Or, as I suspect, if you do answer it, and answer it honestly, your whole conspiritorial house of playing cards will crumble to a scrap heap?

Nixon: "I am NOT a liar!"
                  Clinton: "I never had sex with that woman!"
                  Bobinator: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, so what's YOUR answer?"

We get more truth and honesty from Osama bin Laden than we do from Bobinator.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    I think I just fell in love. Too bad I'm already married, Tatt!

Will you be my E-wife?
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Will you be my E-wife?
                      Of course! Just, you know...gotta see your birth certificate first.

Comment

SG: make sure he shows you the long form one
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          But get the State Department of Health to check it out first.

Comment

Awww. Now I'll never get married.

Comment

Hey let's not make fun of the Geek Meet!!! Not all of them are republicans.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Is that letter-size (about 8.5 inches long) or legal (15 inches)?
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X