Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Bob, you already admitted the the birth certificate you posted was NOT your own in post #217. Are you waffling on the issue yet again? It’s really hard to take you seriously when you keep lying like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      Bobinator: Is the birth certificate you posted, if it is yours, one that you obtained from the Department of Health last year or this year or even 2008? It doesn't count if it's one you had from before then. The issue is, what could you get from the Dept. of Health at the time that Obama's birth certificate was submitted to verify his citizenship not what could you get 10 years ago or earlier. The Dept. of Health says that the Birth Certificate presented by Obama is the only form of birth certificate the State provides to anyone as of the time Obama's citizenship needed to be verified and that the form he provided is sufficient for all legal purposes.
      The one I posted is mine, and it is the long form one, which I obtained many years ago. Can't even remember when. I'm younger than Obama, so the man has no excuse. What you have on record is what you were issued when it was issued. I've handled government documents that were signed in the late 1800's. They all still exist on file.

Then again, I didn't pay over $1M to seal my records. Some say he spent $1.5M. Other reports say $3M. Depends what you count as an expense. Attorneys can get pretty expensive. We know he made a somewhat emergency trip to Kenya around 3 months before he was elected. What for? It's anyone's guess. But you don't just do stuff like that in the heat of the campaign, unless it was extremely important.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        What are the odds that the NY SUV bomber is a Birther or a Teabagger?
        I think a more fair question is what the odds are that the Tea Party or Birthers are being framed. It's already been revealed on Fox News that saboteurs have been at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          Except that I produced mine, and posted it on this thread.
          But you're right, I didn't use my birth certificate.
          The one I posted is mine, and it is the long form one, which I obtained many years ago. Can't even remember when.
          Ladies and gentlemen of HT, this is what’s referred to as a textbook example of “waffling.” In one post, Bob claims to have posted his newly-obtained long-form birth certificate. Then, in another, he admits he didn’t use his real birth certificate. And now, he has changed his mind a third time, claiming he posted the genuine article obtained “several years ago.” Keep in mind, this is all in the span of a single thread.

I ask you again, Bob. How do you expect people to take you seriously if you keep lying like this?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

TuNnl why don't you just ignore this guy...yes he does state that he didn't post his birth certificate but in the next sentence he states that he went to DOH and got Matapule's, so he's obviously playing you and you are playing right along. Don't respond and maybe this post will close.

Comment

The one I posted is mine, and it is the long form one, which I obtained many years ago. Can't even remember when. I'm younger than Obama, so the man has no excuse. What you have on record is what you were issued when it was issued. I've handled government documents that were signed in the late 1800's. They all still exist on file.
              But it's not true that what you were issued when you were born would be what the State issue if you requested your birth certificate today. The state has changed the form of birth certificates it issues including the information shown on the birth certificate (well before Obama declared he was running for president). How hard is that to understand?

My birth certificate from when I was born is black with white letters and has a lot more information that the birth certificate I got when I recently requested a copy of it from the Dept. of Health and the one I got from the DoH is green with black letters. There is no way for me to get a copy of the black one with white letters from the DoH today.

Comment

Okay, this thread has gone round and round and is now back at the beginning again. 14 pages of nowhere. I don't think anyone is going to budge.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  Okay, this thread has gone round and round and is now back at the beginning again. 14 pages of nowhere. I don't think anyone is going to budge.
                  (pssst! sg! several of us have left the room already - come join us ABH!)

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    Wait for it. Okay
                    And down the stretch they come.

Comment

I think people often operate on expectation and a lot of mainland whites look at President Obama as a Black man and operate on their expectations about Black men. Yet President Obama grew up in and was shaped by the cultures of Hawai'i. He is not the man, he does not have the personality, that mainland whites who think of him as a Black man are expecting. I think I see this in his not rising to the bait that Republicans constantly throw out for him, including this birther nonsense. They are dealing with their stereotypic expectations of what Black men are, while he is a different personality altogether. He is light years ahead of his detractors. They eagerly blind themselves to that reality, its not Obama's choice, its theirs, and like all who are blind for whatever reason, they are at a disadvantage because of it.

Comment

Wow. Just...wow. Pretty nice speech about stereotypers there when you did a good job of potting and kettling youself. I'm a white mainland Republican...how the hell does that make me racist? I would love to know. Those are some very strong words you put out, even by protecting yourself with "a lot of mainland whites." Are you a Mainland white? If not, I might think more carefully before throwing out posts like this.
                        Last edited by surlygirly; May 5, 2010, 10:39 AM.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                          Ladies and gentlemen of HT, this is what’s referred to as a textbook example of “waffling.” In one post, Bob claims to have posted his newly-obtained long-form birth certificate. Then, in another, he admits he didn’t use his real birth certificate. And now, he has changed his mind a third time, claiming he posted the genuine article obtained “several years ago.” Keep in mind, this is all in the span of a single thread.

I ask you again, Bob. How do you expect people to take you seriously if you keep lying like this?
                          Ladies and gentlemen,

For those of you who are confused about what TuNnL is saying, here's what I posted on Post #217 after I was accused of using PhotoShop-

"Please, I don't even know how to run PhotoShop. I can barely comprehend your mindset. But you're right, I didn't use my birth certificate. I went down to the DOH and got a copy of Matapule's.

Apparently, TuNnL doesn't know truth from sarcasm. If it was interpreted as a statement of fact, then TuNn must also believe I used Matapule's birth Certificate. This as a textbook example of "confusion".

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                            I think people often operate on expectation and a lot of mainland whites look at President Obama as a Black man and operate on their expectations about Black men. Yet President Obama grew up in and was shaped by the cultures of Hawai'i. He is not the man, he does not have the personality, that mainland whites who think of him as a Black man are expecting. I think I see this in his not rising to the bait that Republicans constantly throw out for him, including this birther nonsense. They are dealing with their stereotypic expectations of what Black men are, while he is a different personality altogether. He is light years ahead of his detractors. They eagerly blind themselves to that reality, its not Obama's choice, its theirs, and like all who are blind for whatever reason, they are at a disadvantage because of it.
                            If you believe the birther movement is nonsense, try telling that to Michelle Obama. Here's another video of her saying that Barack is Kenyan, starting from 2:15 min. into the video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnS7L...ayer_embedded#!

Of course the Obama loyalists won't watch, because it'll hurt their ears like when the professor played the flute in "Kikkaida".

Comment

here's what I posted on Post #217 after I was accused of using PhotoShop-

"Please, I don't even know how to run PhotoShop. I can barely comprehend your mindset. But you're right, I didn't use my birth certificate. I went down to the DOH and got a copy of Matapule's.

Apparently, TuNnL doesn't know truth from sarcasm.
                              So if you’re now saying the post was sarcastic, then you really DO know how to use Photoshop, and thus it’s highly probable you doctored the birth certificate you posted (as others have concluded). Clearly it’s been altered and defaced, making it utterly worthless. So for the third time, how do you expect people to take you seriously if you keep lying like this?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

I used to have some sympathy for Bush's disaster director, Michael Brown, who got stuck with so much blame for failure of government response to Hurricane Katrina...until his recent series of increible remarks blaming President Obama for the Gulf of Mexico oil leak. I do not think I have heard such truly childish fantasy reasoning since grade school. That such an air head buffoon could be entrusted with an important position speaks clearly about the total lack of seriousness with which the Bush people took their responsibilities; it fits with the recklessness of starting a needless war and deregulating Wall Street. Actually its good to see Brown spouting his childish delusions, its a good reminder of the importance of having capable, competent leaders.

"Racist" was not used in my post, I certainly didn't have an open minded person like you in mind, I apologize for offending you SG.
                                Last edited by Kalalau; May 5, 2010, 12:50 PM. Reason: apology to SG

Comment

Working...
                                X