Dubya Nearly Gets Nailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shoes!

Hey, moderators, can we merge this thread with "Dubya gets nailed"?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

That reporter throws like a girl.
      Not there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Re: Dubya Nearly Gets Nailed

This is more than just an individual showing contempt for Bush.

It's actually a snapshot of American relations in Iraq.

Many non-combatant Iraqis died during and after the war, and considered "collateral damage". In light of that, how should we expect them to feel?

If the situation were reversed, and our country was being occupied by soldiers who sometimes kill or maim people indiscriminately, how would we respond?

Keep in mind that many Iraqis regard this man as a hero. That's how much they hate us. Our country helped them get rid of a fearsome and hated dictator, and still they detest us. Things have gone very poorly between the time we arrived on the scene to depose Saddam, and today.

That's how bad it all is.

Comment

Watch what happens next: Homeland security will ban all hard-soled shoes within 1,000 feet of the president.

No stiletto heels, boots, or clogs.

No pointed toes allowed. Only round-toe shoes. The old Earth-Shoe designs are preferred. Anyone wearing shoes exceeding size 11 must have a permit.

Then there will be a Presidential Shoe Assault Bill.

Anyone caught throwing shoes will face prison time and fines based on several factors. Under-hand throws will bring a minimum of a year and $1,000 fine. Overhand throws will bring a minimum of three years and a $5,000 fine. Winding up to an overhand throw, involving the lifting of the leading leg, will lead to a mandatory five year sentence with a minimum of 10 years probation.

Comment

Oggboy, I agree with you. You go, George! I'm wondering if he saw it coming; I bet the reporter was making a lot of faces before the shoes flew.

Originally posted by Random View Post
            As an American, I'm offended.
            I am, too. No matter what verbal tirades have been traded, there is a BIG difference between that and a physical attack.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Bob and weave, bob and weave - a skill known to most politicians.

I agree, but usually the "bob and weave" is not to avoid physical blows.

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            Watch what happens next: Homeland security will ban all hard-soled shoes within 1,000 feet of the president.

No stiletto heels, boots, or clogs.
            Ha! You took the words right out of my brain!! (how'd you do that??)

And a couple more things (in preparation for this thread to be merged with the Dubya thread...)

1. The crowds in the Arab world that are cheering this act are the same folk that cheered the 9-11 attacks. That's their credibility level.

2. The national leaders who have come to this country have never been physically assaulted (especially by the journalists,) no matter how "rude" the hosts were perceived to be.

Comment

The guy is not only a rightfully hailed Iraqi National hero (and in my book) but in the hospital from a beating by 'security'.

So much for Bush's typical BS quip about being able to do such an act in a now Democratic Iraq.

Bush should be buried up to his neck, before the entire Iraqi population, and be shoe'd... I doubt many would miss.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

What if it happened to Obama?

And don't tell me it couldn't.

Just because President Bush is not popular does not make it right. A "rightfully hailed Iraqi national hero?" I think not.
                Last edited by cyleet99; December 16, 2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

If Obama or my mama committed even a fraction of the dispicable garbage Bush and his fellow monsters have, no problem, I'll provide the shoes.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I find it unfortunate that W or one of his SS men didn't complete the exchange, leather for lead, before the second shoe was airborne. Hair-trigger invader as President, lame duck-and-cover as human being. Ho hum.
                    Last edited by salmoned; December 16, 2008, 04:20 PM.
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

George W. showed some moves. Isn't the George W. Library located at SMU? June Jones could use a George W. as a wideout receiver, if he still has some eligibilty left.

Comment

Whether or not the act was appropriate in my opinion isn't the issue.

To me the situation showed an incredible lapse in the Secret Service!

Really now... the first shoe shouldn't have reached the President without an agent getting to him. And the second? They messed up.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                          Whether or not the act was appropriate in my opinion isn't the issue.

To me the situation showed an incredible lapse in the Secret Service!

Really now... the first shoe shouldn't have reached the President without an agent getting to him. And the second? They messed up.
                          Are you serious?! It’s a bleepin’ shoe! The opposite is true of your post: if they had to get the President out of harm’s way, the Secret Service™ didn’t do their job. Because the first thing the Secret Service™ should have done was make sure someone was checking each and every press credential for the reporters present at that news conference. Before those media even entered the room.

Now, if you’re insinuating that a credentialed member of the press would do anything that would cause serious injury to the head of a foreign superpower®, that’s another thing. Certainly, that reporter would be blackballed from ever working in the industry for the rest of his or her natural life, aside from serving a stiff prison sentence.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                            Are you serious?! It’s a bleepin’ shoe!
                            First: What if it hadn't been a bleepin’ shoe?
                            Second: Have you flown on an airplane lately? A bleepin’ shoe has caused us all alot of anguish getting through security checks!
                            Third: That bleepin’ shoe could've even had explosives!
                            Fourth: Whatever...
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                              I find it unfortunate that W or one of his SS men didn't complete the exchange, leather for lead, before the second shoe was airborne. Hair-trigger invader as President, lame duck-and-cover as human being. Ho hum.
                              Secret Service, since its inception, has never shot anyone who assaulted the President. Even when Reagan was shot, the first response was to get the President out of harm's way. Meanwhile other agents subdued the shooter.

I'm surprised an agent didn't sacrifice himself and take the second shoe in defense of Bush. And I don't know if you noticed but several agents already had shoes drawn and ready to return fire.

Comment

First: What if it hadn't been a bleepin’ shoe?
                                It was. So what’s your point?
                                Second: Have you flown on an airplane lately? A bleepin’ shoe has caused us all alot of anguish getting through security checks!
                                The last time I checked, Richard Reid, better known as the ‘shoe bomber,’ was not a credentialed member of the press at the time of his infamous incident. In fact, he was a convicted felon who had spent some serious time in prison. To my knowledge, no heads of foreign Superpowers® were on the plane. Did I mention he’s serving three consecutive life sentences plus 50 years?
                                Third: That bleepin’ shoe could've even had explosives!
                                It could, but if it did, the Iraqi press would be likely be forever stained in the eyes of the international community. It is highly unlikely that the reporter in question would want to bring that type of dishonor to his country.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X