Dubya Nearly Gets Nailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dubya Nearly Gets Nailed

maybe the guy was just passing along his slippahs to Bush, to bring back to the mainland, to pass along to Auntie, to help with the slippah project?
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Here's a little something about predictions regarding oil production. Keep in mind that this prediction was made a half century ago. Mr. Hubbert was correct in his calculations.

Then take note of when this easily accessed oil starts to decline to very low levels. Lots of us won't be around by then. But our kids and grandkids will be.

And if you thought $4 for a gallon of gas was high, imagine how much it'll be when we get to the low end of that graph! Production will be down to less than 20% of what it was at its peak, which is just about 10 years ago.

http://www.hubbertpeak.com/summary.htm

Until recently the US was the largest consumer of the world's oil. With the increasing growth of automobiles in countries such as China and India, that consumption rate will increase dramatically, and we'll be competing with them for whatever's available. And we all know what happens in a free market where limited supplies meet high demand.

So it's smart to start doing everything possible to wean ourselves of oil as an energy source. Otherwise sources of foreign oil will literally have us over a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
        And we have to start making shoes with soles that aren't based on petroleum products. This might spell the end of the rubber slipper!
        Originally posted by Random View Post
        Make lauhala slippahs.
        If you have access to the materials and you know how to weave your own lauhala slippers, more power to you.

But if you gotta buy 'em from a store, are you willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of rubber slippers?

This is a classic example of how, even if the price of oil goes up again, many oil-derived products will still end up costing less to produce and sell than the alternative. And in these tough economic times, will everyone make the financial sacrifice to pay the extra $$$$ for the alternative?

Ending the oil addiction: much easier said than done. Will take more than lip service to end our nation's dependence on foreign oil.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Give it a try. I am ashamed of myself for posting this.

http://play.sockandawe.com/
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            As outlandish as it was, this incident and the subsequent reaction among many Arabs, illustrates is how little respect the American President is getting.

Hopefully that will start to change in about a month.
            Not every country is displeased by our President. I've heard that he is liked in Vietnam for example, in particular after he loosened up American trade and investment restrictions which had a positive impact on that nation's economy. My friends from there also say that most people in that country have little opinion either way on the whole Iraq thing. Iraq's basically not their problem.

Comment

Ok...

...that's one..., and not like it's more than 50/50, and mostly not by the older generations that remember the war, or have merely a monetary reason to favor us...

Please continue!
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                If you have access to the materials and you know how to weave your own lauhala slippers, more power to you.

But if you gotta buy 'em from a store, are you willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of rubber slippers?
                If last mo' long than rubber slippers (I go through them like a pair every 3 months), then why not?

What? Gotta have "Nike" or "Croc" label fo' match the price?
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  I am also ashamed.....That Was Fun!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

http://play.sockandawe.com/
                    Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                    I am also ashamed.....That Was Fun!!!!
                    I got six points. Wuu2!!! (shame on me)

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                    X