X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weiner Dog

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    [...]
    The man does have some serious addictions with which he needs professional help.
    And that is, after all, the bottom line. I truly hope he gets that help and is able to keep his marriage intact.

Comment

The man does have some serious addictions with which he needs professional help.
      There are HT'ers who claim that sort of addiction doesn't exist - remember Tiger Woods?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        There are HT'ers who claim that sort of addiction doesn't exist - remember Tiger Woods?
        I hope Tiger is happy with his new unmarried swinger lifestyle, because his golf game sure sucks! Anthony Weiner is going to have to decide whether he wants to engage in internet sex or get some help with his issues. Perhaps it would be in his own best interests to resign from Congress, seek professional help (or not), and then run again. It will then be up to his constituants to give him a new political life as their representative.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Perhaps it would be in his own best interests to resign from Congress, seek professional help (or not), and then run again. It will then be up to his constituants to give him a new political life as their representative.
          It appears Weiner is taking you up on at least one of those recommendations:

Weiner Takes Leave of Absence to Seek Treatment
          By James Rowley — Jun 11, 2011 11:00 AM
          New York Representative Anthony Weiner sought a leave of absence from congressional duties to seek treatment after top Democrats called for his resignation for sending suggestive photos of himself and messages to women he met online.

Weiner’s publicist, Risa Heller, said in an e-mailed statement that the congressman “departed this morning to seek professional treatment to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person.’’
          I think it’s as smart a move as any. He’s still a very popular lawmaker in his district. Maybe he’s hoping this will all blow over by the time he’s back from “treatment.” But that’s probably wishful thinking.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Anyone who would admit to just the amount of lying guilt he's engaged in, yet still force the issue of remaining in their position has many more problems than are being addressed. The pressures to force him out need to be ramped up. He can be denied his request for bogus leave, for starters now that he's telling the world he's not backing down.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

CNN ran one of the horrible scandalous photos he sent. It was of his frame (healthy) at the gym, big deal. It turns out Republicans were monitoring his activity, lying in wait, lurking. He was marked for destruction. One of the very few politicians who ever stands up for the American people, who does not mince his words, who "gives em hell" as Harry Truman said. And he is effectively destroyed. Great. If he had just been another wheeler dealer ready to compromise his principles (ok, not even having principles) he would have been left alone, like Boner has been, balling a female lobbyist, ho hum nothing to see here folks, just look at that scandalous photo of Weiner at the gym. Of course the press the main accomplice with this charade.

Just like letting Hyde slide with his marriage wrecking affairs, or Livingston slide, or Gingrich slide, etc, while harping endlessly on Monica Lewinsky's affair with President Clinton. There is a total one sided bias in the press. It is the mouthpiece of wealthy Republicans, nothing could possibly be clearer. Good people have to be destroyed for the evil ones to be able to steal and exploit. Destroying them is the press' role.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                CNN ran one of the horrible scandalous photos he sent. It was of his frame (healthy) at the gym, big deal. It turns out Republicans were monitoring his activity, lying in wait, lurking. He was marked for destruction. One of the very few politicians who ever stands up for the American people, who does not mince his words, who "gives em hell" as Harry Truman said. And he is effectively destroyed. Great. If he had just been another wheeler dealer ready to compromise his principles (ok, not even having principles) he would have been left alone, like Boner has been, balling a female lobbyist, ho hum nothing to see here folks, just look at that scandalous photo of Weiner at the gym. Of course the press the main accomplice with this charade.

Just like letting Hyde slide with his marriage wrecking affairs, or Livingston slide, or Gingrich slide, etc, while harping endlessly on Monica Lewinsky's affair with President Clinton. There is a total one sided bias in the press. It is the mouthpiece of wealthy Republicans, nothing could possibly be clearer. Good people have to be destroyed for the evil ones to be able to steal and exploit. Destroying them is the press' role.
                Maybe. But Weenie should've known better than to give em ammo to work with.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wanna know what Viner and the black jack dealer from Las Vegas texted to each other? Well it is crude and for mature audiences only, so you have been warned, but here it is.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Its like a Greek tragedy, this fairly excellent human being being obliterated by maggots who aren't worthy of taking out Weiner's garbage. If you want to see why America is going down the toilet its because ethical maggots like Boner are able to obliterate ethical, principled men like Weiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                      CNN ran one of the horrible scandalous photos he sent. It was of his frame (healthy) at the gym, big deal. [...]
                      I saw those gym photos, too, and agree...big deal. But it's the previously released, more explicit photos that raised so many eyebrows. My problem with Weiner is his internet behavior after his recent marriage. If he's lying to his new wife and getting away with it then he could just as easily be lying to his constituents...and getting away with it. It's become a matter of trust and judgement, or lack thereof. No matter how terrific a politician one might be, s/he is nothing without being trusted. Weiner, as a high profile politician, showed terrible judgement by choosing to engage in internet sex; something that can easily come back to bite anyone in the arse. I remember well something I was told when I first got internet service and email in 1995..."Don't send anything across the internet that you wouldn't want the world to see".

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        My problem with Weiner is his Internet behavior after his recent marriage. If he's lying to his new wife and getting away with it then he could just as easily be lying to his constituents...and getting away with it. .
                        Where do you draw the line, Tutu? Many, many, many politicians (not all) lie to their constituents but there are no calls for their removal. Pox News lies to their constituents but there is no call for their removal. Boener, Vitter, Gringrich all lied to their wives and constituents but they refused to resign and are still in power. Vitter and Sanford committed prosecutable crimes and lied to their wives but they refused to resign and were never prosecuted. Clinton lied to his wife and the people of the USA (yep, I guess oral stimulation is not "sex") and refused to resign and was probably the best all around President we had since Johnson. Where do you draw the line? Should your mayor and councilmen also have to meet that litmus test?

Viner doesn't represent you and me, directly, Tutu. It should be up to his constituents whether they want to keep him or not. As much as you and I might find his behavior repugnant, maybe it is you and I who are such old, out-of-touch fuddy-duddys that we have no idea how many people do engage in Internet liaisons and how acceptable it is. I saw the black jack dealer form Las Vegas interviewed on POX last week before the transcripts of their Interent exchange came to light. She presented herself as shocked as by Viner's behavior on the Internet toward her - Miss Innocent. Yet when you read the transcripts it was she who started the inappropriate exchange and encouraged it throughout.

I don't know Sue, I'm confused on this one. When you compare what damage some congressmen are doing with lobbyists to the USA, much of it if not illegal then inappropriate, Viner's transgressions pale in comparison.

Comment

The guy needs to be gone already, yet he's highly arrogant and desperate, listening to the few Dems that are his buddies and want hime to stay, like Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand. Make's you wonder what advice they're giving him to weather the barrage... like his treatment excuse?
                          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 13, 2011, 09:34 AM.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Where do you draw the line, Tutu? Many, many, many politicians (not all) lie to their constituents but there are no calls for their removal.[...]
                            The ongoing, pathological lying is why I detest politics and politicians, in general. Possibly whoever talks stink the loudest draws a temporary line.
                            Viner doesn't represent you and me, directly, Tutu. It should be up to his constituents whether they want to keep him or not.
                            I agree and have not stated that I think he should resign.
                            As much as you and I might find his behavior repugnant, maybe it is you and I who are such old, out-of-touch fuddy-duddys that we have no idea how many people do engage in Internet liaisons and how acceptable it is.
                            I have a friend (unmarried!), not much younger than I, who has wild and lascivious internet affairs! In her case, to each her own because she's not a public figure. Politicians are elected officials and, as such, I believe they should be held to a higher standard. It comes down to judgement, afaic. From what little I've read, Weiner has larger political aspirations and is a respected politician. Why in hell would he jeopardize that...esp. in a manner that could so easily out him? His hormonal passions seem to oppose his political passions. Poor judgement. No self-restraint. No self-censoring. No self-control. If he was to run for an office for which I could vote, I'd seriously consider all of this along with his political record up to the point of that election before voting.
                            I saw the black jack dealer form Las Vegas interviewed on POX last week before the transcripts of their Interent exchange came to light. She presented herself as shocked as by Viner's behavior on the Internet toward her - Miss Innocent. Yet when you read the transcripts it was she who started the inappropriate exchange and encouraged it throughout.
                            Another example of stupidity. The internet rides one's okole for a lifetime. I love that she got tripped up by it. And, yes, I've had my stupid moments, too. Early in my internet years I was on several email lists. I responded to what I thought was one recipient, a negative email about someone on that list (and, no, not anyone on HT! ). but I didn't do a final check to make sure it wasn't going to the list...and it did! Such a horrible feeling. Sexting and internet sex take this behavior to a whole, new, traceable, printable, releaseable, make funable, career-endable level!!!
                            I don't know Sue, I'm confused on this one. When you compare what damage some congressmen are doing with lobbyists to the USA, much of it if not illegal then inappropriate, Viner's transgressions pale in comparison.
                            What I consider wrong is that not all offenders are being treated equal. That's politics for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              What I consider wrong is that not all offenders are being treated equal. That's politics for ya!
                              ]The ongoing, pathological lying is why I detest politics and politicians, in general.
                              And that is why all of us should take a real interest in politics! When I was in my youth, politics wasn't so acerbic that the opposing parties couldn't work together most of the time. Now politics is "winner take all" on most issues. Politicians will lie, POX news will lie, many common citizens will lie. It is disgusting trend, one that affects everyone's lives. Yes, we all need to pay attention and stand up for the truth.

I think Viner should resign and so should Boehner, Vitter, Gingrich, McCain for sexual misdeeds and a whole host of others who are in the pocket of lobbyists. They should be banned from further political aspirations. They don't deserve any respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                I recall the thread centering around the Tiger Woods scandal. I don't recollect anyone saying that sexual addiction was non-existant.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X