Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ron Paul

I acknowledge that Wrong Paul did better in NH than I expected him to do. I love that he is sticking with his campaign. It will just help keep one of the lunatics who are running out of the White House. The poll cited does not predict the results if Ritt Momney runs as a Rethug and WR runs as an independent. Too bad that the poll is irrelevant with regards to November 2012.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      79% of Iowa Christianican evangelicanTeapublicans DID NOT vote for Wrong Paul, If there is anywhere he chould have won the whole enchilada, it should have been Iowa. If Iowa is not where he can win, then what State is it?
      According the New York Times, the Paul camp is targeting the Nevada caucus and other “independent-friendly” states. I think it’s a good strategy. It gives him time to raise money, continue to expand his campaign organization and allow lesser major candidates to drop out. Incidentally, “evangelicals” have never been Paul’s base, nor are they necessarily associated with the Tea Party or libertarian-leaning Republicans for that matter. May I recommend you research for yourself instead of being spoonfed propaganda by the mainstream media. Here are the final numbers according to the AP, for the New Hampshire caucus:

New Hampshire - Summary Vote Results
      January 11, 2012 - 02:55PM ET
      (i) = incumbent = winner = runoff

President - Dem Primary
      301 of 301 Precincts Reporting - 100%
      Name Party Votes Vote %
      Obama, Barack (i) Dem 48,970 82%
      Total Write-ins Dem 5,908 10%
      Cowan, Ed Dem 944 2%
      Supreme, Vermin Dem 831 1%
      Terry, Randall Dem 446 1%
      Haywood, John Dem 426 1%
      Freis, Craig Dem 399 1%
      Ely, Bob Dem 289 0%
      Richardson, Darcy Dem 266 0%
      O'Connor, Cornelius Dem 265 0%
      Wolfe, John Dem 246 0%
      O'Donnell, Edward Dem 221 0%
      Greene, Bob Dem 214 0%
      Jordan, Robert Dem 156 0%
      Tyler, Aldous Dem 103 0%

President - GOP Primary
      301 of 301 Precincts Reporting - 100%
      Name Party Votes Vote %

Romney, Mitt GOP 97,532 39%
      Paul, Ron GOP 56,848 23%
      Huntsman, Jon GOP 41,945 17%
      Gingrich, Newt GOP 23,411 9%
      Santorum, Rick GOP 23,362 9%
      Perry, Rick GOP 1,766 1%
      Roemer, Buddy GOP 945 0%
      Total Write-ins GOP 744 0%
      Bachmann, Michelle GOP 349 0%
      Karger, Fred GOP 346 0%
      Rubash, Kevin GOP 250 0%
      Johnson, Gary GOP 181 0%
      Cain, Herman GOP 160 0%
      Lawman, Jeff GOP 125 0%
      Hill, Christopher GOP 105 0%
      Linn, Benjamin GOP 85 0%
      Meehan, Michael GOP 51 0%
      Drummond, Keith GOP 41 0%
      Story, Joe GOP 41 0%
      Betzler, Bear GOP 29 0%
      Robinson, Joe GOP 26 0%
      Greenleaf, Stewart GOP 24 0%
      Callahan, Mark GOP 20 0%
      Martin, Andy GOP 19 0%
      Swift, Linden GOP 18 0%
      Brewer, Timothy GOP 15 0%
      Wuensche, Vern GOP 15 0%
      Davis, John GOP 14 0%
      Crow, Randy GOP 12 0%
      Cort, Hugh GOP 3 0%
      Vestermark, James GOP 3 0%

©2012 The Associated Press.
      Last edited by TuNnL; January 11, 2012, 11:39 AM. Reason: line spacing

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Mitt has an enormous mansion on the beach near Windansea in La Jolla, and its scheduled to be remodeled to be even larger. He has several other mansions around the country. He made his money in Bain Capital, a vulture capital company that bankrupted and gutted companies throwing thousands out of work. Who better to carry the Republican banner? Truly, Mr. Republican.

Comment

Mitten would dismiss you as envious.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

OK folks.

This can be a popularity contest (total destuction), or it can be a poltical ressurection.
            \]

5 8s al- Y(OU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The Ron Paul movement is wisely cautious about agreeing to tired old
              theories..
              unfortunately third party candidates are never seriously considered in the
              American political system.
              Up north in Canada there are at least four parties which allows for a better
              balance of power.
              The down side is that it's cold in those igloo style dwellings.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                May I recommend you research for yourself instead of being spoonfed propaganda by the mainstream media. .
                Research what?

What is not mainstream media, Wrong Pauls newsletter - the one with racist remarks in it?
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Let's see if WP can match his 21% showing in Iowa in any other State primary
                  Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  ABC News comments on the effect of "independents" in NH, particularly in light of the support for Paul; they are taking note that most of the "independents" are really "Republicans," based on past voting records.
                  I acknowledge that Wrong Paul did better in NH than I expected him to do ... the poll cited does not predict the results if Ritt Momney runs as a Rethug and WR runs as an independent.
                  He did that already. The Washington Post lauds Ron Paul for being the only candidate to match Mitt Romney’s achievement of finishing in the Top 3 in two states with totally different politics — and helps Matapule understand what Paul is really trying to accomplish.

Ron Paul’s achievement
                  By Charles Krauthammer, Thursday, January 12, 2:38 PM

The bigger winner was Ron Paul. He got 21 percent in Iowa, 23 in New Hampshire, the only candidate other than Romney to do well with two very different electorates, one more evangelical and socially conservative, the other more moderate and fiscally conservative.

[...]

After a quarter-century in the wilderness, he’s within reach of putting his cherished cause on the map. Libertarianism will have gone from the fringes — those hopeless, pathetic third-party runs — to a position of prominence in a major party.

Look at him now. He’s getting prime-time air, interviews everywhere and, most important, respect for defeating every Republican candidate but one. His goal is to make himself leader of the opposition — within the Republican Party.
                  © 1996-2012 The Washington Post
                  Last edited by TuNnL; January 12, 2012, 10:25 PM. Reason: source credit

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

I'll grant you one thing, with the way McMitten is very likely to crash and burn from his already low altitude of approval, and if Huntsman doesn't catch fire as a last resort, RP could make a bigger mark in this contest if only because he might be the last man standing. But get the nomination, no way. The GOP would do something/anything drastic to keep him out should it approach that possibility. It's really a lose lose year for the whacko right, and a win win for America in so many ways, especially by keeping them all out and Obama in.

Huntsman is by far the best chance the basic pack had this year, Johnson and Roehmer being equally viable yet invisable, but the insanity is off the charts and Obama will cakewalk thru the dump and with further Exec Orders will get the job done that has been delayed during his 3 years of trying to work with the obstructive jackasses of NO to America.

Comment

After long cogitation, one may surmise Mr. Huntsman is the best ,as far as
                      persona is concerned. However,and this is a really big however, most of
                      the young voting populace know little about politics and even less about history.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                        most of the young voting populace know little about politics and even less about history.
                        Been there, done that. And it's a problem for America when you have votes cast with ignorance and/or mere emotion. You see this a lot with rightys and their current laser focus of partisan hatred which blinds perspective.

Comment

RP chopped his own legs off tonite in the S. Carolina debate, and you can see the support running away in droves.

Comment

RP chopped his own legs off tonite in the S. Carolina debate, and you can see the support running away in droves.

Comment

Reminds one of the Monty Python eschatology.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                I'll grant you one thing, with the way McMitten is very likely to crash and burn from his already low altitude of approval, and if Huntsman doesn't catch fire as a last resort, RP could make a bigger mark in this contest if only because he might be the last man standing.
                                Hey, whatever it takes. I’m glad you’re at least beginning to acknowledge how clueless you have been as to the popularity of Ron Paul up to this point. Perry will almost certainly drop out after the South Carolina Primary, and with Santorum’s extremely limited campaign organization, he must finish third, or he’s done as well. That leaves Romney, Gingrich and Paul.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                Huntsman is by far the best chance the basic pack had this year, Johnson and Roehmer being equally viable yet invisable
                                I guess I shouldn’t give you too much credit. The guy the fewest people supported throughout the campaign despite the unknown amount of his daddy’s billion$ he spent trying to pursuade people to support Obama lite is the one you call “the best chance.” The best chance of what? Hypocracy? The only thing that amazes me is how long it took Huntsman to drop out. Please explain the difference between Gary Johnson and Ron Paul. AFAIC, he’s just a placeholder in the Libertarian Party in case Ron Paul decides to run as an independent (as Matapule alluded to earlier). Buddy who?

USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X