Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Religious Left v. the Religious Right

Originally posted by Miulang
    Ta-da! Hence my original postage: does the religious left or the religious right really have what it takes to move the nonbelievers (the non-dogmatic religious centrists) toward their way of thinking? And is the outcome what's going to sway how the "red staters" vote next year?

Miulang
    After this I promise I will get off this thread and go on to something different. I did mention something about religion being a touchy subject but getting back to the original topic above. I have no idea if the religious left and right have what it take's to move none believers toward their veiw of thinking. I mean I have friends who despise homosexuality because it is Evil or so they believe and they are glad that in Hawaii they cannot get married. But I believe that even homosexuals have the right to pursue happiness. My last opinion I swear.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
      After this I promise I will get off this thread and go on to something different. I did mention something about religion being a touchy subject but getting back to the original topic above. I have no idea if the religious left and right have what it take's to move none believers toward their veiw of thinking. I mean I have friends who despise homosexuality because it is Evil or so they believe and they are glad that in Hawaii they cannot get married. But I believe that even homosexuals have the right to pursue happiness. My last opinion I swear.
      Pedro, you can have all the opinions you want, just don't swear!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

and if you must swear, write it on a blog! there is also the "ignore option" if you get irritated with someone. it is a fabulous tool cause they don't exist. Hence, you don't see their posts.

auntie lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

whooshrightovertheheadagain.

Comment

Thanks Aunti Lynne for your response
            Personally I base my Christianity or admitting that I am sinner I needed a Savior. I believed that Jesus Christ paid price for my sins by dying on the cross and I asked for His Forgiveness and accepted Him as my SAVIOR.

I thought I read another thread by you about you going out in chinatown to talk to some of the homeless women there. If so, did you get to do that and how was it?
            www.myspace.com/cc_splace http://www.heavenlyrainbows.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by junebloom
              Thanks Aunti Lynne for your response
              Personally I base my Christianity or admitting that I am sinner I needed a Savior. I believed that Jesus Christ paid price for my sins by dying on the cross and I asked for His Forgiveness and accepted Him as my SAVIOR.

I thought I read another thread by you about you going out in chinatown to talk to some of the homeless women there. If so, did you get to do that and how was it?
              Good Morning Junebloom, The information that I'm collecting is for my blog. It's an ongoing thing which I haven't had time to organize what I've gotten so far. I love to just sit and write what comes to mind. Being Manic, I keep putting it off everytime. Everytime I go to Chinatown, I get more information. Homeless women face greater obsticles than men. Their life on the streets is no morning glory. Maybe, it won't be for my blog. Being from the area, I get to gain access and be trusted. I'll let you know what happens in either case.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

and for more on our savior:

http://www.clayloomis.com/carlin17k.wav

Comment

have a nice day
                  Last edited by junebloom; July 7, 2005, 08:21 AM.

Comment

There's no need to shout (TYPING IN ALL CAPS), Junebloom. I'm sure Kimo can read just fine. Whether or not he cares for the message is another matter entirely.

Comment

Well Administrator,
                      First of all when i typed the message It being all caps wasn't my concern. I really didn't think it was shouting at someone it just that when i type sometime in what i do caps are a part of that and I'm not alway reminded to take the the keyboard of caps so i do apologize for that. But I also don't like for people to download something on my computer that i did not ask for either so lets be fair to all okay

Comment

As with anything on the web, consider the source and check the URL before clicking the link. The .wav extension makes it clear it was an audio file. The fact that Kimo posted it makes it clear it was probably something you wouldn't be interested in.

Comment

>" The fact that Kimo posted it makes it clear it was probably something you wouldn't be interested in. "

yea, thanks for popping in again, Palolo Joe.

http://tinyurl.com/be7jp

Originally posted by junebloom
                          First of all when i typed the message It being all caps wasn't my concern.
                          it should be; it's universally considered baaaad netiquette.
                          Be very thankful Ryan ONLY requested you be more thoughtful:
                          Other sites are not so lenient: exhibiting tighter (more appropriate) rules:

"NOTE: TYPING in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is FORBIDDEN and is the FASTEST WAY to get your listing/account REMOVED (EVEN in Headlines or Titles)

in the -before signup- agreement:
                          " I understand that any listings TYPED IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or NOT putting spaces between words (even in my screen name) will be rejected on sight."
                          Last edited by kimo55; July 7, 2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            >" The fact that Kimo posted it makes it clear it was probably something you wouldn't be interested in. "

yea, thanks for popping in again, Palolo Joe.
                            Taking another swipe, even though I wasn't the one who posted that.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                              Taking another swipe, [/b].
                              duuuh, ok!

whhhhAAAAP!

dhoooh!
                              threw my back out!
                              Last edited by kimo55; August 18, 2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

i wonder if you're that bold when you're not hiding behind a computer monitor...

And you cut out the rest of what I said. I didn't even post what you were making a jackass remark about.

Comment

Working...
                                X