Kerry picks Edwards for Veep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kerry picks Edwards for Veep

If you're interested in whose money goes to which candidates, Open Secrets is the place to look.

Here, for example, is the page for Dubya.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN are NOT objective, either, but much of what they report is documented and TRUE. If Judicial watch says it has DOCUMENTS, it does. awww, bummer, huh? LOL...

Kerry is gonna lose this election and it is happening because FACTS about him are being publicized. Bush isn't perfect, while we are learning Kerry is a lot worse.

Shock of shockers, tonight the MTV awards show was being taped, and since the sliminess of MTV always rocks the vote for the Dems, them being the party that supports all of the wrong and immoral, and young people seem to like that, both of Kerry's daughters were invited to appear on stage but what happened shocked EVERYONE, friends and foes of Kerry's! These girls were loudly booed, and when they spoke anyway, asking for votes for their dad, the booing got much louder. The support for them was the minority in an MTV audience!!

Kerry is losing support in many places, and there's swing voting being pledged from some Dems. I, as a Bush supporter, was worried Bush might lose this one, for the party of "anything goes" and no-fault living surely is becoming more popular, as society degenerates, but I am beginning to think Bush soundly has this one won, though it surely will be close, with society polarized into two extremes.

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Both WorldNetDaily.com and Judicial Watch are hardly objective outlets. If the latter sounds familiar, it's because they committed significant resources to digging up dirt on the Clinton campaign years ago. In any case, here's JW's press release calling for the investigation.

It bears noting that a lot of this is old news, leading back to Johnny Chung, a technology CEO and wannabe beltway player who collected money from employees as well as (he claims) from Casil, a state-owned Chinese aerospace firm, to donate to Clinton and the DNC.

Anyway, as with the campaign finance controversies we have right here in Hawaii, wrongly collected money doesn't neccessarily mean the recipients of the donations knew the source or methods... though obviously folks should have been more careful.
      While hardcore Bush fans are enjoying this lated manufactured flap, the smart ones know not to bang on the drum too hard. Funny money is everywhere, and when it comes to money and connections in general, Republicans are swimmin' in it.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

MTV features Democrats, people cheer? Republicans say, "MTV, like the rest of the liberal media, is out of touch. Besides, young people might chant 'fight the power,' but they don't vote. They're post-X slackers who'll just sip lattes on Election Day. It's meaningless."

MTV features Democrats, people boo? Republicans say, "Clearly, the winds of change are blowing! We love America's youth, and clearly, they love us! The future of this country is ours! Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

You can't win.

Though a Kerry supporter (or more accurately, an anyone-but-Bush supporter), I actually agree with you in a way: the daughters' appearance was definitely a snafu. For all their media friends, the Dems simply can't package anything right, giving the right lots to giggle over. More importantly, the venue made a big difference. This year was the first time the award ceremonies were held Miami. Yes, in the infamous 50-50 state, when it usually takes place in New York or Los Angeles. They had to expect some ... divergent views.

Important note: The daughters of both Bush and Kerry were presented at the awards. Maybe Kerry supporters simply have more class.

Comment

Or...maybe Kerry is losing ground, the truth about him coming out, and maybe he is becoming LESS popular, as time passes. Maybe he's going to lose the election, cuz maybe....(G)...this generation CAN think clearly.
          Hallelujah~

Comment

"Maybe he's going to lose the election"

It won't surprise me. Much as I despise Bush2, I can't vote for Kerry, and a number of my friends have said the same thing. (And I CERTAINLY wouldn't vote for Bush2).

And what's the point of voting for Nader?

Might as well just skip it and hope for better things for America four years down the road. If it ... and I ... are still here.

Comment

Rudy Giuliani said, right on the money!

“In 2002, as (John Kerry) was calculating his run for president, he voted for the war in Iraq. And then just nine months later, he voted against an $87 billion supplemental budget to fund the war and support our troops. He even, at one point, declared himself an anti-war candidate. Now, he says he's pro-war. At this rate, with 64 days left, he still has time to change his position at least three or four more times. . . . Maybe this explains John Edwards' need for two Americas — one where John Kerry can vote for something and another where he can vote against the same thing.”

Comment

Quotes of Democrat Senator, Zell Miller...

“Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator. And nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators.

“Tell that to the one-half of Europe that was freed because Franklin Roosevelt led an army of liberators, not occupiers. Tell that to the lower half of the Korean Peninsula that is free because Dwight Eisenhower commanded an army of liberators, not occupiers. Tell that to the half a billion men, women and children who are free today from the Baltics to the Crimea, from Poland to Siberia, because Ronald Reagan rebuilt a military of liberators, not occupiers.

“Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier.”

“It is not their (Democrat leaders’) patriotism -- it is their judgment that has been so sorely lacking. They claimed Carter's pacifism would lead to peace. They were wrong. They claimed Reagan's defense buildup would lead to war. They were wrong.

“And, no pair has been more wrong, more loudly, more often than the two Senators from Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. Together, Kennedy/Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won the Cold War and that is now winning the War on Terror.”

“Now, while young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrat's manic obsession to bring down our Commander in Chief.”

“I could go on and on and on (about defense systems John Kerry has opposed): against the Patriot Missile that shot down Saddam Hussein's scud missiles over Israel; against the Aegis air-defense cruiser; against the Strategic Defense Initiative; against the Trident missile; against, against, against. This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces? U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?”

More quotes of Senator Zell Miller...

“Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending. I want Bush to decide. John Kerry, who says he doesn't like outsourcing, wants to outsource our national security. That's the most dangerous outsourcing of all. This politician wants to be leader of the free world. Free for how long?

“For more than 20 years, on every one of the great issues of freedom and security, John Kerry has been more wrong, more weak and more wobbly than any other national figure. As a war protester, Kerry blamed our military. As a Senator, he voted to weaken our military. And nothing shows that more sadly and more clearly than his vote this year to deny protective armor for our troops in harms way, far away.”

“George Bush wants to grab terrorists by the throat and not let them go to get a better grip. From John Kerry, they get a ‘yes-no-maybe’ bowl of mush that can only encourage our enemies and confuse our friends.”

Comment

I know this has nothing to do directly with the topic but did you see the news clip about the eight year old girl (forgot what state she's from) that's named Kerry Edwards, and her brother's name is John Edwards. Both of them were shown on the tv last night with Kerry-Edwards banners and t-shirts. I overheard at lunch yesterday that John Kerry "fabricated" his Purple Heart...
                  Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                    I know this has nothing to do directly with the topic but did you see the news clip about the eight year old girl (forgot what state she's from) that's named Kerry Edwards, and her brother's name is John Edwards. Both of them were shown on the tv last night with Kerry-Edwards banners and t-shirts.
                    Remember in the 1980 presidential campaign, there was an Independent named John Anderson who ran for president? At that time I was in high school, and one of my classmates who was also named Anderson scooped up a bunch of "Anderson for President" campaign signs and used them in his own campaign for class president. I guess sometimes having a common name pays off.

Comment

Miller's lies exposed!

"ZELL MILLER (9/1/04): Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator. And nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators!"

Wow! But who has called American troops “occupiers?” Absent-mindedly, Miller forgot to say. And of course, President Bush has routinely described the situation in Iraq as an “occupation.” But so what? Delegates wouldn’t confront such trivia on this glorious, smut-slinging night. And they wouldn’t have to know how fake Miller’s sliming of Kerry really was:

MILLER: Together, Kennedy and Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won the Cold War and that are now winning the war on terror. Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security. (LAUGHTER) (APPLAUSE)

Amazing! “But Americans need to know the facts,” he continued, treating the delegates like prime mountain rubes. How completely did Miller deceive them? Laughably, he scolded Kerry for “trying to shut down” the Apache helicopter—which Dick Cheney, then Secretary of Defense, tried to shut down in 1989! Here’s a bit of Senate testimony from August 13 of that year:

CHENEY (8/13/89): The Army, as I indicated in my earlier testimony, recommended to me that we keep a robust Apache helicopter program going forward, AH-64…I forced the Army to make choices. I said, “You can’t have all three. We don’t have the money for all three.” So I recommended that we cancel the AH-64 program two years out.

That’s our Zell! He ridiculed Kerry for opposing a system that Cheney himself tried to stamp out! But so what? Cheering delegates didn’t know that. They were being entertained by our biggest fake, and mere facts wouldn’t mar his performance.

For the record, “Senator Kerry” has not “tried his best to shut down” the weapon systems Miller listed. In most cases, Miller was going back to positions from Kerry’s 1984 campaign, before he ever became a senator. As a senator, Kerry has voted, again and again, for most of the systems Miller listed. In 16 of his 19 years in the Senate, Kerry voted for the year’s full Defense appropriation. Every dollar spent on those systems was spent with Kerry’s “yes” vote.

Of course, this type of clowning about defense votes began with Bush’s ads last spring. But as we noted at the time, the press corps” made little attempt to limn the fake facts the Bush ads were spreading (link below). Nor were pundits prepared last night to offer background to Miller’s remarks. Why did Miller clown so much? He did so because he knows your press corps. He did so because he knew that he could.

There was little that Miller wouldn’t say—and little the “press” was prepared to correct. At one point, laughably, he even said this:

MILLER: Senator Kerry has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations.

And we know that Kerry has “made that clear.” We know that from his speech in Boston. Here’s where he made that point clear:

KERRY (7/29/04): Let there be no mistake:...I will never give any nation or any institution a veto over our national security."

Evidence of Cheney's deceit exposed!

What flavor's that Kool-Aid, Karen?
                      Last edited by Linkmeister; September 2, 2004, 01:28 PM. Reason: More lies exposed
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

What flavor IS that Koolaid? I wouldn't know, as a Bush supporter, I am not the one drinking it. Anyone still supporting Kerry must have gallon buckets of the stuff. Do tell me.

“…(T)he Republicans are hitting Kerry where he is weakest, which is almost everywhere. He is the most nothing candidate since the Republicans gave us Wendell Willkie back in l940. His only strength lies in the widespread hatred among Democrats for President Bush. The question now is, will the Bushies stay on the attack when the Democrats and the mainline news media, who are one and the same, begin charging foul?”

- Lyn Nofziger, “Musings,” 9/1/04

“(Recent polling results showing a surge in support for President Bush) are STARTLING numbers. They suggest the charges of the Swift Boat veterans and Mr. Kerry's weak response in his first major trial by fire have rescrambled the election deck chairs and may have completely blown the lid off the race."

- Columnist Lawrence Kudlow

“On Iraq, Senator Kerry has disagreed with many of his fellow Democrats. But Senator Kerry's liveliest disagreement is with himself. His back-and-forth reflects a habit of indecision and sends a message of confusion. And it's all part of a pattern. He has, in the last several years, been for the No Child Left Behind Act and against it. He has spoken in favor of the North American Free Trade Agreement and against it. He is for the Patriot Act and against it. Senator Kerry says he sees two Americas. It makes the whole thing mutual. America sees two John Kerrys.”

- Vice President Cheney

Feb. 18, 1970 John F. Kerry said "I’m an internationalist. I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.”

"Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition ... to the early use of military force by the US against Iraq. I share your concerns. On January 11, I voted in favor of a resolution that would have insisted that economic sanctions be given more time to work and against a resolution giving the president the immediate authority to go to war." letter from Senator John Kerry to Wallace Carter of Newton Centre, Massachusetts, dated January 22 [1991]

"Thank you very much for contacting me to express your support for the actions of President Bush in response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. From the outset of the invasion, I have strongly and unequivocally supported President Bush's response to the crisis and the policy goals he has established with our military deployment in the Persian Gulf." Senator Kerry to Wallace Carter, January 31 [1991]

Who's talking out of both sides of his mouth?!! Who's serving Koolaid? lol~

July 26, 2004: "You don't value families if you force them to take up a collection to buy body armor for a son or daughter in the service." John Kerry said,but he VOTED AGAINST funding for the armor for these troops, in voting against increased military spending at the time.

Comment

“Well, what can we say of Senator Kerry? He was for the war and then he was against the war. He was for it, but he wouldn't fund it. Then he'd fund it, but he wasn't for it. He was for the Patriot Act until he was against the Patriot Act. Or was he against it until he was for it? I forget. He probably does, too. This is a candidate who has to Google his own name to find out where he stands.”

- New York Gov. George Pataki at the GOP convention Thursday night

What Democrats are having trouble understanding is that the Swift Boat Veterans are not campaigning for George Bush; instead they’re getting even with John Kerry. They’ve waited 35 years for this opportunity and nobody, not Bush, not John McCain, is going to make them go away. For which Bush should thank his lucky stars.

“Every political campaign has its defining moment, usually it comes late in the campaign. This time it came early in the form of the Swifties. If Kerry loses, which now seems likely, it will not be cause of love for or admiration of Bush, it will be because of the hatred, contempt and distrust the Swifties have aroused in legions of combat veterans.”

- Lyn Nofziger, “Musings,” 9/2/04

Dick Morris said "I voted for Gore in 2000, as a true child of the Clinton era. But I decided to vote for Bush on Sept. 12, 2001 when I saw how he handled the threat we face. I used to back Bush because he offered safety; now I support him because he summons us all to an ideal. Before he spoke, supporting Bush was a duty one owed to the fallen. Now, it is an honor."

Comment

Bush Opens Double-Digit Lead
                            TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader.
                            This is without the expected post-convention bounce. Nine weeks to make up the difference. I just took a poll on another forum, and even folks who are voting for Kerry expect Bush to win.

Indeed, Karen, Kerry's team totally underestimated the Swift Boat attacks. With McCain (who, even as a democrat, I'd vote for in this election if he was running - anyone catch him on Letterman Wednesday?) and even Bush himself urging reason and lamenting the reopening of old wounds, they were devastating. Not because they were onto something, but because of the absolute vacuum from the other side.

And Zell Miller's hateful, venomous convention rant - fortunately discredited and criticized by Democrats as well as Republicans (Pat Buchanan in 2000, anyone?) - might backfire... but it could also put on-the-fence Republicans in the kind of frothing state that Howard Dean inspired a year ago.

In short, and as is evidenced here, the Dems have stumbled with an attempt to hold some fragment of the high road. Forget defending a mediocre record... negative campaigns work.

Comment

WHAT "high road?!" The Dems stand on a low, despicable platform, there IS no high road. The Dems support everyone's rights to be as WRONG and sick as they want, and the not only support the peoples's rights, but the WRONGS themselves. It is no coincidence that most trial lawyers are members of the Dem. party, a majority of gays, baby killers, and welfare recipients are DEMS. Birds of a feather do flock together.

Can you say "President Bush" for four more years? Maybe practice typing it over and over, till you get used to it. (grin)

Thank the Lord that people like Zell have the balls to care more about safety, respectability and honor, than they do partisanship. You call him hateful, but I didn't SEE any hate. I saw a real man that stood up in face of great opposition and wow does he have brevity for doing it! He clearly said he cares more for his family's safety, than partisanship.

One can only wonder how many other cross-over voters there are, besides the few famous ones I've noticed without even trying to, and at this moment, I can't even name each of them, only a couple on this thread.

Thank God and nothing less, for the way this election season is going, so far. Thank the Lord enough people are honest, have eyes to see and the God-given common sense to vote for the clearly more honorable man, to lead our country and be the leader of the greatest nation on earth, still.

"negative campaigns work."

ONLY when the negative is TRUE!! Mufi sure is getting negative attention/reaction to his negativity. I am not even close to calling this one. I think Mufi's negativity could even lose him this one, yet if more people vote with any amount of racial motivation, on this, sadly, Mufi can still win.

Comment

Feb. 18, 1970 John F. Kerry said "I’m an internationalist. I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.”

THIS quote came from the man that supposedly was HONORABLY SERVING his country!!! Sheesh, this should scare the crap out of people. One can only wonder, along with the comments he made before congress which are negative, and TRUE, documented on film, what ELSE John Kerry said way back then, meaning just why DID he got o Vietnam, and was he "asking what he could do for his country" back then, or....

what his country could do for him?!!! LOL yeah, he took lots of videos of himself way back then, not just in real moments, but ACTED OUT war scenes. LOL..why? well, some of the swifties say he clearly had a desire to be in high office way back then, and he couldn't hide the fact from them.

remember, as said earlier in a quote on this thread, the swifties are NOT campaigning "for" Bush, but they are getting even with what scarred them badly back then, with how they knew John Kerry back then, and the damage they say he did. They have utter contempt for him, there are so many of them....not paid by the Bushes, but real people that really KNEW Kerry then, and what Kerry says now does NOT at all match what he SAID, and did, then.

Add this to the flip flops of now, and you get a picture of...someone you want to lead your country, and be the most powerful leader of the world?!!!!

How on earth can you still vote for this man? Just out of your hate for the other party?! Wow, what a motivating factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X