Another School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another School Shooting

mennonites are less secluded as the amish. Really, mennonites are more like you and I and use the same advancements in technologies that we use. They are however devout in their religions as are the amish and tend to live a simple life. living in PA about an hr or two north of this horrific incident, I can attest to the mennonites "getting around". At first I was confused seeing them at the bank or in a car thinking to myself that "Aren't amish not supposed to use modern technologies?" Come to find out later on that they were mennonites. So manoa.... there MIGHT be mennonites surfing these boards but not likely...

These shootings have been all over the local news and it's totally despicable what happened. It makes me ill to wonder what was going through this person's mind. Every time i hear the details as they have developed, it's sickening. The guy apparently had all sorts of tools and devices that he was going to use to molest these girls. My heart goes out to all the families that have to suffer through this.
    -kp!

Comment

Yes, most of the praticing Amish shun the modern world lifestyle. Some modern day problems like drugs and guns make their way in but for the most part the communities are close knit from what I understand. Sadly, there was once a show that tried to expose some Amish kids to the modern world-which was just a stupid project in my opinion due to the fact they did it though more extreme measures and low moral actions.
      I think that there are usually communal funds for emergencies and other things taken up by their church- most likely there will be a shortage given the magnitude of this tragedy.

I do wonder if this was a copycat case of the CO shooting too-either way for one man to line up unarmed children and shoot them is beyond my realm of comprehension...nothing warrants such cruelty, and anyone that sick and cowardly to do that got off far to easy by killing himself
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

he was going to molest them. He had a wooden board with 10 eyeloops on it which he was going to tie his 10 victims to. He also had lots of KY jelly. His suicide notes said that he had molested family members in the past when they were around 3 years old. He said he'd been thinking about molesting again...
        -kp!

Comment

According to reports the PA guy supposedly started shopping for his "supplies" the day before the guy in CO did his thing.
          I am sad for the victims and their families but the level of disgust and anger I feel towards these perps is overwhelming...you though about molesting kids again- cut yourself or kill yourself -but to go into a school with KY Jelly, guns and other supplies for a siege???

Comment

My thoughts on the latest shooting in the Amish community really belong in the What Pisses You Off thread.

My prayers and condolences to the families involved.

Comment

I'm trying to wrap my head around the forgiveness factor here. It is an amazing example for the rest of the world to witness. These families forgive the shooter, and want us to, too. They say given what he had planned, their daughters' dying was a blessing, and they avoided the sexual molestations. This is a community whose people are prepared to meet their maker daily. I guess there are other belief systems out there that say they focus on this as well (which frees them to be terrorists). This community plans to raze the structure as they do not want to return the surviving children there to learn. It makes sense.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

BoingBoing posted an interesting article yesterday about school shootings and the copycat phenomenon.

In reference to the "what is wrong with the world today" laments, the worst school mass murder in US history was the Bath School Disaster in Michigan. 45 people (mostly kids) were killed and over 50 injured. It happened in 1928.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  Many inner urban schools now have metal detectors...(guarded by unarmed school hired security guards that are going to do what against a kid with a gun pointing it in there face?)
                  You notice that the three most-recent shootings all took place in more rural areas?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    You notice that the three most-recent shootings all took place in more rural areas?
                    Guess they have to find easier places/victims.....like KIDS!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

The guns are more legally easily accessible in the rural places then the inner cities. And usually those places are not fully prepared to react properly to that level of violence.

Comment

It just proves that whatever it takes for the bad guys to get to someone they will. It's not the guns or the schools to blame (althought I am sure they should assume some of it) but in the end if you want to kill or rape someone bad enough..you will find a way, no matter what.
                        They spend all there energy planning these things. We live our lives and don't spend all our energy preventing them.
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Yes, I agree they put a lot of thought into committing these depraved acts...no one can possibly prepare for every possibililty...and to try and do that would limit your freedom and enjoyment of life. I don't even have words to describe how disgusted these cowards make me....I did spend some time coming up with nice torture options though..too bad they cheat people out even getting to exact revenge on them if they so choose...getting off far too easily

Comment

Some stupid person got a stupid notion to take a Bebe Gun.. is that how they spell it... to one of the local high schools here yesterday. 6 kids were shot and ohhh yeah... nobody knows who did it. It was during lunch time when everyone was outside on the lawn playing, eating and what not... The police thinks is one of the students and not an intruder.

We just thank God that it was not a real gun. But those bebe guns can kill as well if it hit a person in the wrong place.

What is this world really coming to.
                            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                            Mark Twain

Comment

What is this world really coming to.

Prisons are no longer punishment. They are country clubs. Some deterrent.

Teachers are not allowed to control the kids, so they run amok in schools.

And then there are the folks who think GUNS are the problem.

The world (most especially a certain generation of Americans) has lost the grip on reality. The slippery substance is called liberalism.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Four of the Amish girls were laid to rest today.

What moved me the most was this:

Donors from around the world are pledging money to help the families of the five dead and the five wounded in amounts ranging from $1 to $500,000. The families could face steep medical bills.

Though the Amish generally do not seek help from outside their community, Kevin King, executive director of Mennonite Disaster services, an agency managing the donations, quoted an Amish bishop as saying: "We are not asking for funds. In fact, it's wrong for us to ask. But we will accept them with humility."

At the behest of Amish leaders, a fund has also been set up for the killer's widow and three children.
                                In the tragedy of it all it's easy to ignore the fact that the killer left behind a family who will also share in this grief.

Bless the Amish leaders for not forgetting about this family.
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X