The Bush Watch - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bush Watch - Chapter 3

Thanks, LL and I have seen part of it. the one that was brought to my attention at other forums was one about Gore's house and had a really big pic of it and its stats, but didn't have the pic of Bush's, nor did it explain the type of system his house is, in essence not giving him credit for his green habits, but yeah, it did show Gore's huge hypocrisy.

Maybe the Canucks just wrote it up differently, anyway, this comparison was news to me. FAR OUT....
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Maybe the Canucks just wrote it up differently
      Actually, it's word-for-word the same as the internet version. Nevertheless, all the research I've seen on the story (snopes, truthorfiction, etc.) says that it is indeed true.

Comment

LL, I am glad to take your word for it. My point remains that it isn't what I encountered, note "at other forums." I hadn't seen the entire "internet version" that you had, until today.

It is, far out!

Comment

If one were to do 10 minutes of research into the subject of Al Gore's house in Nashville, you'll see the real truth behind the story (you'll note I purposely omitted the descriptor "news").
          1. The genesis for the Gore/Bush energy use propoganda piece is the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a conservatice think tank.
          2. The think tank's president - who said they got Gore's '06 killowatt hour usage and avg monthly bill from the Nashville Electric Service - was discredited in this CBS News piece by the utility's spokeswoman who said they never got a request from TCPR and never provided them with info.
          3. Gore's actual kWh usage was 30,000 less than what TCPR stated.
          4. LL credits Snopes, which if you actually read their piece, refutes the "20 times the national average" for natural gas use and pegs the multiplier at 12.
          5. Gore's actual avg monthly electric bill for '06 was $1,200.
          6. Gore's 20-room home houses his staff, security and offices for both his wife and himself, so any comparison to an average home is moot.
          7. Bush's abode in Crawford is a vacation retreat (you've seen him clearing brush on TV) and was designed and built from scratch.
          8. Gore's home was very obviously not built this century.
          9. The Canadian piece of writing attempts to compare eletrical and gas usage at Gore's pad to irrigation and heating facilities at Bush's pad. Can you say apples and oranges?
          10. According to this NY Times blog,
            Gore purchases enough energy from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas to balance 100 percent of his electricity use.
          11. We are left to assume that although Bush's heating and cooling needs are geothermally covered, the rest of his electricity needs are satisfied by burning dead dinosaurs.
          12. Some smaller homes consume energy in the same range of usage as does the one on the Gores' property, according to this MSNBC report.
          "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
            If one were to do 10 minutes of research into the subject of Al Gore's house in Nashville, you'll see the real truth behind the story (you'll note I purposely omitted the descriptor "news").[[/LIST]
            Even after your attempt I still believe Gore is as big a hypocrite as any politician could be.

Of course, Man for the poor and hedge fund manager, Edwards is getting closer to Gore's Hypocrisy by suggesting that American sacrifice by giving up their SUV's, all Americans except him of course.

This should be serious presidential politics buts it's actually hilarious comedy.

Comment

How about some life and death hypocrisy?

President George W. Bush's past financial dealings make him "a U.S. citizen who has done business with those who finance and support terrorists," according to this investigative report. By "terrorists," that includes Osama bin Laden.

So it's no wonder that the same President who vowed two days after the attacks of Sept. 11 that "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our No. 1 priority and we will not rest until we find him," would say in a March '02 press conference that "I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." Note that the last link is the White House's own site -- straight from the camel, er, horse's mouth.

And if you want an update on just how the snafu of a hunt for Osama bin Laden is going, check out this article from the Sept. 3, '07 issue of Newsweek. Can't get much more current than that.

Comment

And for the record, Gore drives a hybrid SUV while Bush travels in a motorcade of non-hybrid stretch limos.

It's safer to start with the assumption that all politicos are hypocrites and work backward. Then pick your poison. I can imagine some people would prefer the taste of antifreeze to Bacardi 151. I'll take a Black Crack.

Comment

President George W. Bush's past financial dealings make him "a U.S. citizen who has done business with those who finance and support terrorists," according to this investigative report. By "terrorists," that includes Osama bin Laden.
                  Wow. The things one can learn on Hawaithreads. George Bush and Osama were in business together? I did not know that as Johnny Carsons sidekick would say.

Was it the Baseball team in Texas that they owned together? Awww, nevermind, you don't have to answer.

Hahahahahahah.

Comment

That's really stretching things. One of the big problems this county has is the Saudis are both our best friends and our worst enemies. The Saudi government is our best oil-rich friend, but the Saudi citizens who receive considerable wealth are our worst enemies. The problem is the US has no way of separating the two.

The drumbeat leading up to Iraq's invasion started around the time of the news reports that suggested that Saudis could collapse at any time. It would seem that the US needed a new "best friend" over there. In the past we've cozied up to dictators that would look after our interests, but that doesn't always go over well and sometimes backfires. We need a democratic friend. Now where would we find one? Well, there is this oil rich country over that that's been led by a bad boy that no one likes .....

Comment

This subject of Mexican, long haul trucks being allowed to travel into our country as never before....when they aren't held to the same standards in their country that our drivers are, here, is just wrong on so many levels. Bush is beyond suspect for this, and we not only still have barbed cattle fence for our southern borders, which is so insane that it defies logic and excuse, but we can welcome terrorists into our country in yet another way, as Mexican truck drivers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070901/...trucks_us_dc_1

However, when Bush is out of office and we have a democrat in again, will that person do anything to RESCIND this insanity? hell no.....cuz in private they're all a member of the same elite group. Sigh....right or wrong on that, it's how I feel. Can't help it......

Comment

(posting deleted)
                        Last edited by anapuni808; September 1, 2007, 05:50 PM. Reason: sorry, quoted the wrong poster.......
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

How about some life and death hypocrisy?

So it's no wonder that the same President who vowed two days after the attacks of Sept. 11 that "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our No. 1 priority and we will not rest until we find him," would say in a March '02 press conference that "I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." Note that the last link is the White House's own site -- straight from the camel, er, horse's mouth.

And if you want an update on just how the snafu of a hunt for Osama bin Laden is going, check out this article from the Sept. 3, '07 issue of Newsweek. Can't get much more current than that.
                          There is a very interesting documentary film, made in 2004 called "Bush Family Fortunes - The Best Democracy Money Can Buy", directed by Greg Palast.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            when Bush is out of office and we have a democrat in again
                            Who knows how long that will take. I wouldn't underestimate the Democrats' ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

But why are you laying this on Bush's doorstep?

"1994 North American Free Trade Agreement" ... "approved by Congress" ... "the Clinton administration never complied with the trucking provision. A special tribunal ordered the Bush administration to do so in 2001."

So how is this all Bush's fault?
                            Last edited by GeckoGeek; September 1, 2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

U.S. Misfortune , Re: The Bush Watch - Chapter 3

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              There is a very interesting documentary film, made in 2004 called "Bush Family Fortunes - The Best Democracy Money Can Buy", directed by Greg Palast.
                              Bush Family Fortunes = Iraqi/Mideast Misfortunes = U.S. Misfortune

Comment

Gecko, it's happening on Bush's watch. No matter what a previous administration did that was wrong, or failed to do that they should have, the ball's in his court and blame is right and just.

I don't have a photographic memory, but seems when he was first elected seven years ago that one of the first, if not the first trip he made was to MEXICO. Why were they so dayum important? He met with then president Vincent Fox, if I recall and when it happened I thought....how cozy and why am I not surprised.

Here we are with millions of citizens demanding a true border fence, and we don't have it, ON Bush's watch.

No more excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X