Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Virginia Tech shootings!

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    So Kam, how's about commenting on the Pakaaula's in the Waikele beating thread? Aren't they "ethnic" too????? While the beatings didn't result in any deaths, don't you think the Pakaaula kid could have been tormented by the same demons as this Cho kid? I say the Cho kid was mentally deranged ever since childhood. To imply that one bad Korean represents a whole race is like saying all Hawaiians are lazy, and you and I both know that's not true.
    Miulang
    Let's see,

You first compare apples to jalapeno peppers. Bruises versus 32 murdered.

Then you equate the psychological roots of a simple case of road rage to those of the worst shooting rampage in US history.

Then you accuse me of saying something about Koreans which I never said.

You are truly in your own world Miulang. Hope its nice there.

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
      Let's see,

You first compare apples to jalapeno peppers. Bruises versus 32 murdered.

Then you equate the psychological roots of a simple case of road rage to those of the worst shooting rampage in US history.

Then you accuse me of saying something about Koreans which I never said.

You are truly in your own world Miulang. Hope its nice there.

Bye
      Kam, you implied through your words that Asians are more prone to mass killings by bringing up Brian Uyesugi in this thread. Brian Uyesugi was not a student, college or otherwise, at the time he committed the murders at Xerox. If you weren't trying to troll, what was your point, exactly? A better comparison is Columbine, IMO. Or perhaps Charles Whitman, the U Texas at Austin watchtower killer.
      Last edited by Miulang; April 21, 2007, 03:49 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Kam, you implied through your words that Asians are more prone to mass killings by bringing up Brian Uyesugi in this thread. Brian Uyesugi was not a student, college or otherwise, at the time he committed the murders at Xerox. If you weren't trying to troll, what was your point, exactly? A better comparison is Columbine, IMO. Or perhaps Charles Whitman, the U Texas at Austin watchtower killer.
        There are similarities. You wish to bury them. I understand. They may be nothing more than interesting. But they are similarities nonetheless.

Did you inform KITV of their racism as well?

Comment

I would bet a dollar to a donut that bullying in elementary schools has increased dramatically since the old oak paddle was retired about 35 years ago.

You want bullying to go away?? No you don't. You really don't want bullying to go away. No really. You kinda like it. Always better for the kids to beat on each other than for any adult to spank any child.

But this is the killing thread, and we are nearly off topic. So I would say that Whitman is a pretty decent comparison to Cho. And that both needed more paddlings when they were little.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

There are similarities. You wish to bury them. I understand. They may be nothing more than interesting. But they are similarities nonetheless.
            What similarities?
            "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by modpirate View Post
              What similarities?
              I gave the link to KITVs segment.

Is that good enough?

Comment

I WORE BRIGHT ORANGE YESTERDAY!!!

E MALAMA PONO , VA TECH.!!
                sigpic

Comment

I gave the link to KITVs segment.

Is that good enough?
                  No. The KITV segment was about how the Uyesugi case affected Hawaii's gun control laws, and mentioned that both Uyesugi and Cho Seung-Hui were given psychiatric examinations. I don't see exactly why you're accusing KITV of racism.

Unless you mean that by mentioning them both in the same story they're linking them via their ethnicity, but I don't think that's the case. I think the reason they're bringing up Uyesugi now is because his rampage happened in Hawaii, and KITV is a local news station. AFIK, the Xerox incident stands out as the most famous mass shooting in recent Hawaiian history, so it's natural that they'd put some kind of "local" spin on it, to hook the audience. It's just what TV news programs do. Cheap journalism, but not what I'd call racist.
                  Last edited by modpirate; April 21, 2007, 08:14 PM. Reason: i kant spel!
                  "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    You want bullying to go away?? No you don't. You really don't want bullying to go away. No really. You kinda like it. Always better for the kids to beat on each other than for any adult to spank any child.
                    Sounds like jail

Comment

One of the editorials in this morning's Advertiser is directed at people like Kam:

Hawai'i is far from perfect. But we have learned as well as anyone to judge people and their successes and failures not on their ethnic background, but on their qualities as a human being and unique individual.

To put it bluntly: That Cho was of Korean ancestry tells us, in and of itself, less than nothing
                      Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, you BS never ceases to amaze me.

Hawaii is extremely judgmental, when viewed from the race or ethnic background point of view.

Did you not read the Abercrombie thread??

Oakland, CA is less racial than Hawaii.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Miulang, you BS never ceases to amaze me.

Hawaii is extremely judgmental, when viewed from the race or ethnic background point of view.

Did you not read the Abercrombie thread??

Oakland, CA is less racial than Hawaii.
                          Eh Tim...did you read the whole editorial? It says Hawai'i isn't perfect, but it could be an example of the way most of us would hope America could be...if we wanted to change the paradigm.

Yes, there is racial prejudice in Hawai'i, but there really should be less of an excuse because there are so many different cultures.

Miulang

Comment

The momentum in Hawaii, at the present time, is towards MORE racial separatism.

Hawaii is not even close to an example for the rest of our nation. The way the Federal Fair Housing Law is ignored in Hawaii makes a mockery of the judicial system from the local justices all the way to the Supreme Court.

I will be attending a seminar on Wednesday about FFHL. I hope those folks are ready to answer some ballsy questions. Guarantee I will PO any raciscts in the audience.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

The momentum in Hawaii, at the present time, is towards MORE racial separatism.

Hawaii is not even close to an example for the rest of our nation. The way the Federal Fair Housing Law is ignored in Hawaii makes a mockery of the judicial system from the local justices all the way to the Supreme Court.

I will be attending a seminar on Wednesday about FFHL. I hope those folks are ready to answer some ballsy questions. Guarantee I will PO any raciscts in the audience.
                              By all means, question the current climate, but try to do it in a more "political" way, TK (i.e., don't PO the people whose perception and minds you're trying to change).

Miulang

Comment

it seems to me the only people who complain so bitterly about the state of race in hawaii are white people who are used to being "king of the hill." if you don't feel threatened by being surrounded by so many quantities and shades of brown, yellow, or black, then you would hail hawaii as being an example of how things could be all over the world--where so many ethnicities can reside in relative peace, so close together, and come to some understandings about each other's culture.

only idiots would proclaim hawaii to be perfect. but i will point out that waaaay more people worldwide admire our ethnic mishmash versus denigrate it.

back to being specifically on topic, i will quote former hawaii dj, hawaiian ryan, per his post on sam the man's myspace:

"All I’m saying is that while walking into a room and shooting 32 people may seem like the most foreign thing in the world for either you or I to possibly fathom, I think I can understand why someone else would. That I, and maybe you, have some how figured out a way, to appease our needs somewhat, to quiet our anger, to mask our dislike for this world, even to find happiness and meaning, but that’s us. Maybe we were made different.....

Just know that with all the love we can possibly muster, as a human race, that some will still feel unloved. Some will be without a chair when the music stops. And while saying, “let’s love each other more” makes all the sense in the world; it also paradoxically makes me feel like I’m peeing on a bush amidst a universal forest fire. And I’m dehydrated."
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X