Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Senator Larry Craig

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I hope Craig continues to fight this thing. Ellen Goodman's column, appearing in today's Advertiser, says a lot of what I'm thinking. I hope that link works.
    I expect more from our leaders. I expect them to be able to control themselves in all ways.

Same with BJ Clinton. He should have resigned.

All of these hypocritical whores put our country at risk when they CHOOSE to behave in not just illegal activity, but any activity that could ultimately put them in a position to be bribed.

Good decent behavior should be part of the expectations for any politician who has any level of power over our lives and our money.

Its about more than legality and loopholes.

Comment

"I'm guilty."

"No, I'm not guilty."

"Okay, I'll resign."

"No, I'll fight the charge (to which I pled guilty, even though I say I'm not), and stay in office."
      "Okay, I'm going to stay in office until I find out whether or not I can withdraw my 'guilty' plea."

"So, I can't withdraw it; but now I'm going to stay in office anyway."

http://www.reuters.com/article/bonds...33423820071004
      Un-effing-believable, this guy.

Comment

Wonder what the dude's been smoking. He claims he has to hold on to his seat because of all the important Senate committees he's on where a replacement would never have the seniority to get nominated. Uh...all of his committee appointments were taken away from him...

The bathroom stall where the incident occurred in the Minneapolis Airport is a tourist attraction now. The airport authorities have also replaced the stall partitions (the ones that had the foot high gap underneath) with partitions that only have a 2 inch gap, to prevent any more "mistakes" of the sort that got the Senator into the hot water.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Wonder what the dude's been smoking. He claims he has to hold on to his seat because of all the important Senate committees he's on where a replacement would never have the seniority to get nominated. Uh...all of his committee appointments were taken away from him...

The bathroom stall where the incident occurred in the Minneapolis Airport is a tourist attraction now. The airport authorities have also replaced the stall partitions (the ones that had the foot high gap underneath) with partitions that only have a 2 inch gap, to prevent any more "mistakes" of the sort that got the Senator into the hot water.

Miulang
          You know, if he were completely innocent would he ever had considered pleading guilty? He must've felt 'guilt' for something. I don't think he's unable to comprehend the discussion leading to the charges which eventually led to his admission of guilt.

His follow-up thereafter is just irritating.
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
          X