Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    we wouldn't bat an eye.
    I would so love to believe that, but I can no longer do so with certainty.

We invaded a foreign nation and deposed its (admittedly despotic) leader just because said leader tried to kill the President's daddy. I'd hate to see what that same President would do if he felt personally insulted in such a matter.

Of course, that's assuming he would even recognize that he had been insulted.

Comment

hence, my "aside from many glaring exceptions" statement.

I posit that ours is not a fascist society. We can call the prez, cheney and other assorted powerful people all sorts of names in a public manner. We can put videos on youtube showcasing their lies and assault our fellow citizens with "wtf were you thinking when you voted for this @**hole?!?" comments with no fear that the police will be outside of our doors ready to take us to the gulag. The geeks at google and youtube do not have their lives threatened by the government for creating provocative-til-almost-nekkid programs that set our society on its head.

And kudos to Columbia U for taking full advantage of such a rare opportunity to publicly grill the hell out of the leader of a closed society. Kudos to said leader for permitting it, even though I would bet that dude is so suffering a hangover of regret for doing so.

pax

Comment

The world is not just America and the Americans.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

with no fear that the police will be outside of our doors ready to take us to the gulag.
          This is the part where I can not agree, I'm afraid.

As a teenager ... a teenager, mind you - before I could have even voted ... I was involved in fully-within-the-law protests against the Nixon Administration. Several years later, I needed clearance from the Feds to provide audio-engineering services to a radio network that was broadcasting seminars that featured members of the Reagan cabinet. I found out at that time that there was an FBI file on me, featuring surveillance that was done back in the 1970s.

Bit of a shock, to say the least; I did get the clearance, however, but to this day I wonder what more has been added, as I still participate in public protests, such as the marches that preceded the invasion of Iraq.

Our current administration has repeatedly shown itself to be one of the most invasively paranoid ones in history, using the horrific terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 as an excuse to crush the liberties for which generations have fought and died - and the majority of my fellow Americans put their heads back into the grass, munch on it some more, and say "baaah."

And kudos to Columbia U for taking full advantage of such a rare opportunity to publicly grill the hell out of the leader of a closed society.
          With that statement, I am in agreement, though.

Comment

If Bush had been baited like that, you'd all be out baying for blood.
            Last edited by SusieMisajon; September 25, 2007, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Just to lighten things up ---

Is this you?

(Anyone here; it could be me, too.)

Comment

You'll never believe this...but my Dad was a US Army Colonel, and I think I must've been the only student at Waialua High to stand up for the Vietnam War and the Domino theory. Only to see my Dad die a discouraged and broken man from the lies.

My Grandfather was a Nazi, and my Mom remembers him sitting by the radio in tears and disbelief, during the Neuemburg War Trials. They got horseshit dumped on their doorstep.

But nothing changes, even after all that.

Comment

"So much for a professional and diplomatic attitude.

Let's just throw sticks and stones and rant...that accomplishes SO much, and make the US look no better than them."

Diplomacy? with a raving madman?!! He is the epitome of a BULLY, and that's what he is doing on the world stage. Diplomacy doesn't work with his type. try it with the schoolyard bully.

STRENGTH is what works, and is prudent and needed with such as the iranian leader. What he got at Columbia was what he needed, not a cup of tea and a lot of polite talk.

Screw him.........that's the proper attitude, and he best not mess with us. We aren't taking his shyt, he has no desire to co-exist peacefully with his enemies, as Israel, he is determined to annhialate them, and us too, if he can. He smiled when here, like one holding a knife in his hand.

In fact, talk talk talk....makes us appear weak, and it is the weak that want only to talk.
                  Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                    all liberals are confused. They like this Iranian Kook because he hates the US and so do they. But really, this guy is a liberal's nightmare. He is a real conservative. He makes Bush and Cheney look like church ladies. He hates the west and the US but he also hangs gays and imprisons intellectuals.
                    Now I get it. The only conflation between liberals and Iranian nutballs as an artificial one created by you as an excuse to lump them together.

Hey, did you know that liberals love hurricanes? Not only that, liberals are RESPONSIBLE for hurricanes? Spread it around.
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                      Hey, did you know that liberals love hurricanes? Not only that, liberals are RESPONSIBLE for hurricanes? Spread it around.
                      Tornadoes, Burl - it's tornadoes we love. It's the gays who love hurricanes. And the Sierra Club is responsible for tsunami, while earthquakes are now the ACLU's kuleana. Didn't the latest update get sent out to the media?

One of the best things about wearing the "liberal" label is that it clearly puts me way, way on the opposite side of the fence from folks like Kamuelakea and their inexplicable theories.

Comment

He did a little better at the UN today. Mostly, he just ticked off all the things the US and other strategic powers have done to the rest of the world. Kind of like a college professor giving a lecture.

The President, in a speech to the General Assembly earlier today, said basically the same thing, but most of it was a recitation and justification of our being in Iraq.

Ahhhh, diplomacy.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

All those not in the bunker are "liberals."
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Tornadoes, Burl - it's tornadoes we love. It's the gays who love hurricanes. And the Sierra Club is responsible for tsunami, while earthquakes are now the ACLU's kuleana. Didn't the latest update get sent out to the media?
                            Hey, I thought Bush was responsible for all the natural disasters and bad things in the world including that student getting tasered in Florida! Now you are messing with my world view.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              He did a little better at the UN today. Mostly, he just ticked off all the things the US and other strategic powers have done to the rest of the world. Kind of like a college professor giving a lecture.Miulang
                              Did he include the fact that the Middle East has been involved in 2000 years of musical chairs wars? Did he include the fact that most conflicts in the world today involve Muslims? Did he mention that the Middle Easts dominates the world in oil production and TERRORISM? Did he mention the fact that women are property in the Middle East to be used and discarded as their men see fit? How about hanging gays. Did that come up again? Or what about stoning women to death? No? Hmmm.

Speaking of horny muslims, remember that King or whatever from Burnei who would shop Hawaii for young hot local chicks and he would pay them to come and live in the palace with 100 or so beautiful women from the world. Then he would have dances and parties etc trying to get some of them to take interest in him and his hairy bearded family and friends?

Remeber that? I do. I know girls who did it unfortunately. Wierd buggahz.
                              Last edited by kamuelakea; September 25, 2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                For a minute there, I wasn't sure you were still talking about Ahmadinejad, or some other president...
                                Yes, I'm talking about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

No, your sarcasm sucks like Monica Lewinsky's on Clinton's "Cigar."
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X