Earth Facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earth Facts...

Lifecycles. Plant or animal, all begin life-grow-age-die. If things go well, at some point during that cycle, at least one more of that species is created. In order to perpetuate another lifecycle. I did my part in helping to create another human. My daughter is 23 and I took on my wife's son who's now 21.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
      How about that all life on earth needs either ....

how bout; a baby is born... grows up, affects the world in so many ways, learns much, then the life in that one form, is snuffed out. Instantly.
      whether it's 18 or 80. kinda shakes the crap outtaya when ya think about it. Seems like a little bit of a sad waste. I mean, can't that knowledge, wisdom, spiritual growth, etc... carry on somehow or somewhere and do some good?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        I mean, can't that knowledge, wisdom, spiritual growth, etc... carry on somehow or somewhere and do some good?
        I think it does Kimo. Hopefully some of all those things will be passed on to the next generation and or affect society in some way. The other hope is that the person's soul gets to hang out with God for eternity.

Comment

The other hope is that the person's soul gets to hang out with God for eternity.

zzzzzzzZZZZzzzz.
          bo-RING.
          I was thinking more along the lines of, say... maybe reincarnation? ya know, that "system" understood by 80% of the world's population?

(oh, here we go!)

Comment

Okay. Do you believe that you will return in another or maybe many other lives? Have you already lived a few? Or maybe as an animal? There are lots of different beliefs along these lines. How does your present lifestyle affect the next? If at all? Just friendly questions about your position.

Comment

Just friendly questions about your position.
              supine at da moment...

Comment

sorry eh i jus wanted to post dis nice pic...
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

I believe he means that in order to collect 1 barrel of oil we use 2 in fuel spent. Sounds reasonable to how we do things.
                  Factoid:

NREL's research showed that one quad (7.5 billion gallons) of biodiesel could be produced from 200,000 hectares of desert land (200,000 hectares is equivalent to 780 square miles, roughly 500,000 acres. Algea likes farm runoff waste and will grow in brackish water....perfect for California!

Widescale Biodiesel Production from Algae

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

If by some's calculations the earth is overdue for an ice age and since various emissions are creating a greenhouse effect (global warming), will we have one? Maybe the two opposing situations will cancel eachother out or even just continue to get hotter instead. What's the latest prediction?

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                      sorry eh i jus wanted to post dis nice pic...

yea. ok...
                      and a da copyright is owned by google...
                      and why, again, ya "jus wanted to post dis nice pic" ?

Comment

the fact that humanity can be compared to a virus in so many ways,toxifying our host,reckless breeding and damaging our host to a point of our own possible distruction,working on finding another host we could jump too.I hope no beings come along with some intersteller raid.EEK RAID!
                        I hope some day science will not be driven by profite and can instead work towards bringing back our balance with nature.
                        Gawed I'm such a hippie

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
                          the fact that humanity can be compared to a virus in so many ways,toxifying our host,reckless breeding and damaging our host to a point of our own possible distruction,working on finding another host we could jump too.I hope no beings come along with some intersteller raid.EEK RAID!
                          I hope some day science will not be driven by profite and can instead work towards bringing back our balance with nature.
                          Gawed I'm such a hippie
                          Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
                          Carl Sagan

Humans are just insignificant specks on this rock and the rock will still be here long after we're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            yea. ok...
                            and a da copyright is owned by google...
                            and why, again, ya "jus wanted to post dis nice pic" ?
                            coz i wanted to try my google earth map capture... works pretty good!!
                            Reggie aka pinakboy
                            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                            Recipe Tube TV!
                            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

If you measure from the true base, (ocean floor), The island of Hawai'i is the tallest mountain in the world. Pretty cool yeah.

Comment

If you measure from the true base, (ocean floor), The island of Hawai'i is the tallest mountain in the world. Pretty cool yeah.
                                My wife pointed out that NO mountains in the rest of the world are measured this way.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Working...
                                X