X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative-1
    replied
    Re: Marriage Proposal: Where & How?

My then-gf and I went out to the Halona Blow Hole lookout to have a dark spot to watch Halley's Comet when it was visible in our skies in 1985.

I figured once every 72 years made it an auspicious occasion.

Over 100 others had the same idea and I had the only telescope. Of course, everyone wanted to look through it.

Finally they were done. Lei said, "Let's go. I'm cold."

I said, "Wait a minute. There's something I want to ask you. Will you marry me?"

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by Mililani View Post
    My husband asked me to marry him over the phone - twice. He was in Idaho, I was in Alaska. He asked me to marry him and waited for a reply. He got worried when I didn't respond. When he looked down at his phone, he realized he got cut off because the reception was poor in the area he was in. He called again and repeated the question. I answered a few weeks later. He could wait, he had unlimited minutes.!
    That reminds me of that recent phone commercial where they get cut off during a crucial part of a conversation. I forget which company it was.

I suppose by phone is better than by Text Message. Or eMail. Or IM.

You know what would be cool?! Take her favorite love song MP3, then edit it on the computer with a stop in the middle, where you insert an audio recording of your proposal. Encode it for iTunes, then upload it to your server and ask her to download it and play it, either on her iPod or computer.

Leave a comment:

• Mililani
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

At home? In a restaurant? A store? At a public event? While skydiving? Something even crazier or unique?
    My husband asked me to marry him over the phone - twice. He was in Idaho, I was in Alaska. He asked me to marry him and waited for a reply. He got worried when I didn't respond. When he looked down at his phone, he realized he got cut off because the reception was poor in the area he was in. He called again and repeated the question. I answered a few weeks later. He could wait, he had unlimited minutes.

We got married at the Excalibur in Vegas dressed up as a King & Queen. We were both married before, so the white dress/tux was out. We had a blast!
    Last edited by Mililani; August 10, 2008, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    started a topic Marriage Proposal: Where & How?

Marriage Proposal: Where & How?

Yesterday I did a little write-up on my visit to Waiola Shave Ice stand on Kapahulu, and a reader left a most interesting comment about the place.

He said he proposed to his wife there by placing the engagement ring in her shave ice by hiding the ring on top of the ice cream at the bottom (wrapped in a little baggie), then covering it with the shave ice. How cool is that? Both figuratively and literally!

That's quite a unique proposal story.

I do know a certain someone here who proposed to his fiancé at Alan Wong's restaurant. Wow, the food there must be THAT good!

So the question here is: where did you propose to your wife or fiancé, and how did you do it? (If you don't mind sharing)

At home? In a restaurant? A store? At a public event? While skydiving? Something even crazier or unique?

I thought the Oceanarium (Pacific Beach Hotel) would be a neat place to do a proposal. Have the diver hold up the sign in the tank in front of your table, "_________, Will You Marry Me?"

*I'm not married or engaged (yet, and never been), so I can't share a story of my own (yet).
Working...
X