Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Spank Or Not To Spank?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    You're welcome ZZType. It works. The best one I did was when my son wanted one of the toys they sell in 7/11 by the doors. He gave a tantrum screaming, crying & kicking on the ground. Told my husband to hold my purse and walk out. He did. I threw myself on the ground and gave my son a tantrum too. He looked at me and wen shut up so fast. Never did give me any more tantrums! Must have told my daughters too. They never did try it on me.
    LOL!!

Now me...I draw attention to it, I mean that's what the kid wants right? So I get loud and call all kinds of strangers over to watch the show....give applause and ask for the kid to do it again.

Me, I got switched on the back of the knees alot (not too hard)....but that was 'cause they went backwards and I looked like a chicken...but I took care of my lil bro and sis and used to beat the crap out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      ... one of the toys they sell in 7/11 by the doors. He gave a tantrum screaming, crying & kicking on the ground. Told my husband to hold my purse and walk out. He did. I threw myself on the ground and gave my son a tantrum too. He looked at me and wen shut up so fast. Never did give me any more tantrums! Must have told my daughters too. They never did try it on me.

genius.
      absolute.
      sometimes, aunty, you surprise me.

Comment

I thought of this thread while watching "Super Nanny" last night....couldn't stand it after a couple of minutes. Kept yelling at the TV for the mom to give the kids couple slaps!

Seriously though, I think there comes a time when parents need to establish their authority role, and the things the kids on TV did, me and my siblings, AND my kids would NEVER get away with. The show was making me SO angry!!! The 8 year old daughter was hitting her mom because mom wouldn't let her use the phone. Then she started pouring food on the kitchen floor. AUWE! If kids can't learn from their parents to listen and respect authority, they'll never listen to anyone.

Comment

I also don't like the Nanny Show. Spanking is up to the individual on their children. period. However, now that I'm all of sudden with two grand daughters, ages 4 & 5 who are active, precious and manipulating at the same time...my patience is fast becoming limited.

My son finally had to sit them down in the room and tell them, that if Grandma gets mad, it will be worse than their mommy,their daddy and him put together. He told them I had eyes all over my head and keen ears. They believed and now listen and are good little girls. Easy to watch without a raise of my hand.

Every morning, they ask me if I took my pills!hehehehehehehehe
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've been "slapped" by my parent's hand (on the face and leg), belt (ranging from 1/2 inch to 4 inches) and back scratcher (but the belt was the one that hurt the most).

I guess its for diciplinary reasons, but if a kid gets slapped by a belt when he dropped juice on the floor, then that's abuse.

It depends on how the parents got raised; they learn from their parents and tend to do to their kids what they had when they were kids.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I Think Too Many Kids Are Running The Show These Days And Really Deserve A Good Spanking So No I Am Not Opposed To Spanking. I Look At It Like This As A Child If You Do Something Wrong There Are Consequences For Your Actions And It Is Probably Going To Be A Spanking. If You Do Not Figure Out Consequences As A Child Or Young Adult Then As An Adult If You Screw Up Then The Consequence In Some Situations Is Prison! That Is Not What I Want For My Children.
              But I Am Very Disturbed When People Get Out Of Hand And A Spanking Becomes Abusive. So I Can See The Pros And Cons Of The Spanking Issue.

Comment

Pro 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him quickly.
                http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Just last night after I had already posted my reply I took my kids to toys r us and on the way back to the car I saw a family (mom, dad, son and daughter) walking to their car and the boy must have been about 10yrs old or so and he was mad at his mother so he was yelling at her and hitting her! Smacked her in the face and punched her in the arm and chest! I couldn't believe it when all she would do is tell him to stop it and he would reply "your rude, I hate you". The father just kept walking the car car like nothing was going on, got in the car and did or said nothing to his son who was abusing the mother.

This is the problem with today's society if you spank you kids they can call the cops on you for abuse and if you let them run wild they will end up abusing you! No respect at all.

I beleive in spanking like I said, but I hardly ever have to spank my children not because they're angels but because they respect me enough not to make me take it to that point. But if the day ever came that my child was screaming at me and smacking me in the face in public or in private it will be an ugly day in my house! There is no way I would put up with that.

You have your children you love, protect, and take care of them. You do what's best for them and always keep them safe to the best of your abilities and in turn they should respect and love thier parents.they should make the best out of thier lives and when your old they should take care of you. ( in a perfect world I know but it sounds good )

God bless our children but also god bless us for doing the best that we can!
                  Last edited by admin; May 19, 2005, 09:29 AM. Reason: Please don't type in all caps.

Comment

I was thinking of this thread yesterday. Yes, we do our best in raising our children. They become who they are mostly due to what we instill in them. However, they are also not with us every minute, especially when they attend school, activities, etc. Environment, friends play alot into a growing child's life and how they tend to behave. Oh, then the teenage years arrive. I was fortunate that I didn't have to go through what many parents say is a normal phase.

Yesterday, I got into a spat with my youngest and mother to my grandson, Antonio. It hurt. I wanted to smash her so much...I didn't care that she's a cop. I just wanted her mouth to shut up! I held my composure.

This morning I'm glad I didn't hit her. I'm sure she wouldn't hit me back either. It doesn't matter. I believe that no one should be hit, no matter the circumstances. Sometimes in the heat of things, we may want to do some spanking. Is it to release our frustrations too?

My grand daughters sleep with me till the big move. They yackity yack until I'm blue in the face from telling them to take a time out...eh, go sleep! Children are precious and to raise them is an honor that we as parents must do our best.

Ok, I'm finished. I'm going to take a pill. I'm going to call my daughter.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

I was never hit (which is what "spanking" is... come on, call a spade a spade) by my parents. Physical violence of any kind was simply not tolerated. Hitting a child does nothing but reinforce the idea that dealing with difficult situations can only be done through weak resorts to dumbed-down violence. It's a pretty twisted way to raise a kid if you ask me. Anyway, why are only small children "spanked?" You never see 200-pound teenagers getting "spanked." I suspect those parents are afraid of getting a little taste of their own medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                        I was never hit (which is what "spanking" is... come on, call a spade a spade) by my parents. Physical violence of any kind was simply not tolerated. Hitting a child does nothing but reinforce the idea that dealing with difficult situations can only be done through weak resorts to dumbed-down violence. It's a pretty twisted way to raise a kid if you ask me. Anyway, why are only small children "spanked?" You never see 200-pound teenagers getting "spanked." I suspect those parents are afraid of getting a little taste of their own medicine.
                        Who said anything about "only"?

Have children of your own?

Small children are often spanked because they are still immune to reason.

I suppose you think violence never solved anything?
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

my dad had the phantom spank...you never saw it coming and it scared the bejesus out of you...but you knew you earned it...like the death penalty, it wasn't much of a deterrent, but it was effective punishment...
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                            my dad had the phantom spank...you never saw it coming and it scared the bejesus out of you...but you knew you earned it...like the death penalty, it wasn't much of a deterrent, but it was effective punishment...
                            The thing is that if you've spanked and are prepared to do so again and the kid knows it, you may never have to spank again afterall. Timeouts and such nonsense are rarely effective with toddlers who hit and bite other children. I know, I have one.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Re: my latest effort

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              I know it's just your signature... but it sure looked inappropriate with the pictures of your child above it.... lmao (Sounds like your beating your children)
                              That's funny. I hadn't thought of it.

For the record I am a proponent of spanking when appropriate. This applies to adults in general as well as my own children.
                              Last edited by admin; May 17, 2006, 06:43 AM. Reason: Split from "Who has children? A Parents thread."

Comment

Re: my latest effort

Originally posted by sinjin
                                That's funny. I hadn't thought of it.

For the record I am a proponent of spanking when appropriate. This applies to adults in general as well as my own children.
                                Hmmm..I sure like to meet you and see how'd you like how my Whack! Whacks! feel.

Auntie Lynn

btw: I Don't believe in Spanking in Children!

Comment

Working...
                                X