What do you call it when...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you call it when...?

I think you doing right by referring to her as your sweetie or honey or babe or life partner...not wife cause she isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      it's pronounced pozzulkew.

common term among the cognoscente nowadays.

POOSSLQ

Person of Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters
      Wow, that is SO romantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, as we have binding legal agreements regarding our home (joint tenancy with rights of survivorship, blablabla) and other domestic partnership issues, as recognized by the county and state where we reside.

But I don't want this to shift into an "in God's eyes" discussion, though I completely respect that some people view our relationship as in some way flawed, wrong, incomplete, sinful, whatever. I wouldn't want to force my relationship choices upon them, and I would ask the same respect in return.

I'm more interested in hearing thoughts on the terminology people would use - a question of semantics. (Though to some people, perhaps "my fellow sinner" would be their choice of words. I can dig it.)
        OK, then, how about "fuckee"?
        Or "future loser of her CD collection"?
        Last edited by MadAzza; October 24, 2005, 11:23 PM. Reason: believe it or not, to tone it down!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
          Wow, that is SO romantic.
          well, i HAVE been told to tone thaaat down...

Comment

i lived with a girl for years, we were mutually exclusive and very much in love...possessive undertones notwithstanding, i referred to her as "my girl" when i had to introduce her...she didn't mind...
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

What's wrong with "partner"?
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

How'dy!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

MadAzza - you do make me laugh! Mahalo for that.

I knew our relationship was permanent/serious when I invited her to mix her CDs in with mine. That was a scary proposition for her, as she only had about 100 discs, and they could get lost amongst my 3500...

...and what if I want to be the f**kee sometimes? (I have no problem with the f-word, btw, but I understand it's not supposed to be used on HT, so I'm playing by the rules here.)

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                    What's wrong with "partner"?
                    Works fine in person, but otherwise, people automatically assume a gay couple, as that is the common implication of that term these days.
                    (Though the "pardner" variation, as hinted at by Auntie Lynn, has some possibilities --- ride the bucking bronco, and all that...)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      Works fine in person, but otherwise, people automatically assume a gay couple, as that is the common implication of that term these days.
                      I understand what many might think but what of it? I find it best to keep people guessing. There are those that wouldn't approve of your "lifestyle" either way.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Lifestyles

Are there people who disapprove of straight couples?

The only theory I could see anyone thinking that would be they're against procreation.

Then again, I have heard some jokes in stand-up comedy how ugly or stupid people shouldn't procreate. But that's just comedy.

I'll attest my GF and I are comfortably Metrosexual... "Fashion-mindedly Straight"
                        Hey we dress well. What else can we say?
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Lifestyles

Originally posted by Pomai
                          A Then again, I have heard some jokes in stand-up comedy how... stupid people shouldn't procreate. But that's just comedy.

and i laff at it cuz i have said seriously; "yea! dass true. I have said that many times meself"

Comment

You could say "soul-mate"
                            backwoodlessons2

Comment

I guess that depends on who's on top

Hey but staying OT...

cohabitating sounds like a zoo partner, and it's just another way of saying "shacking up".

partner just seems too unromantic.

significant other just tells me you're unable to say "committment"

like I said before, she's either your wife or your girlfriend (or boyfriend if you are of that persuasion).

and when I mean "Binding" in terms of marriage. Yes you can have legal documents that bind you together, however when it comes time to splitsville, the law won't step in and say okay you get this and she gets that and oh by the way there's alimony.

As the song goes: When two become one. That's what a marriage is all about. Anything else is: This is mine this is yours and I'll take mine if you don't like me anymore.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Partner" can be very "Romantic"! It's how one uses it to describe the love who is sleeping with him/her but not bound in marriage for reasons of their own. I was in a similar situation for eight years. At that time, my partner was everything to me. However, marriage would have been a financial disaster. I played the game well like he did. "Partner"...das all. Financially, I'm secured. I can find all the partners I like!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X