Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancer

Manoa, if you need any help with the photo manipulation just give me a PM.

Comment

tanks, I get em though...

Comment

'Tis cool.

Offer stands if ya run into problems, just hollah.

Comment

You and mom got my prayers as well, Manoa.

I've got an uncle who was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in his 30's. He eventually had the cancer surgically removed at Mayo Clinic. Unfortunately the surgery also involved removing some voice box and esophagus tissue, rendering him to be fed by tube for the rest of his life.

On the plus side, he's alive and doing well and the cancer is in complete remission.

Stay positive.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

my mom is a breast cancer survivor and i understand how hard it can be on the family...please accept my best wishes and aloha for you and yours...
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

jdub...

this is my moms 4th cancer... third time needing chemo.

I almost lost her when I was 5... I'm now 37... I'm strong and have learned well from her.

I'm at peace with myself and my mom has 100% support of me...again.

I just wish she would have stopped doing things that she does to herself a long time ago!

She's my mom... I can't control her activities or tell her what to do...just on the basis of the "she's my mom rule"... However, I know she reads HT and is reading this post.... so anyone that would like to chime into her... she may listen being that it is not her son....(love you mom)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                [...]so anyone that would like to chime into her... she may listen being that it is not her son....(love you mom)
                Just curious...what exactly do you mean by 'chime into her', Manoa?

Comment

will pm you

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    will pm you
                    No need! I'm a mom to 2 kids a bit older than you. It would distress me no end to have them discuss an illness of mine, beyond asking for prayers and positive thoughts, with an online community; one that can be viewed worldwide. Your post #1 was heartfelt and appropriate. Your mom has been in my daily prayers since. You, too, Manoa. It's not easy for the family either.

Comment

thanks tutu

my mom has been lurking HT for awhile now...reading my posts and learning more about me...

I speak from my heart and she loves that fact.

I know she is probably now reading this cancer thread that I started... cause she seems to read everything I post....

Thanks for your support... and what I meant... is to give encouragement to my mom and not me... I'm not going through cancer... my mom is... she's not about to post... i don't think... she's to new to the whole internet thing...etc...

I just set her up with some yahoo cancer support groups and she still didn't know what some basic things were about certain things...and she just doesn't feel comfortable talking online....

However, my mom does know I write about her and our ohana obviously... and she is very proud of what I have become ...considering who she married to procreate me.
                      Last edited by damontucker; September 28, 2006, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I needed to learn more about what my mom is going through.
                        FYI- my mom's form is the "non" Hodgkins forumn.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphat...dgkin_Lymphoma

Comment

I am sorry to hear that, Manoa. My prayers are with you and your family. May God be with you all, and give you strength.

Comment

Prayers to your Mom & you. Prayers work.

As a Thyroid Cancer survivor & a Mom of 3 grown kids; I undastand da part about not wanting "the kids" to dwell on the C-issue but asking for prayers and all is cool. My thought is at least my kids are grown and I know they'll be ok without me. Although none of my kids have made any kids YET, so I'm hanging around to see some grandkids, at least one sheesh.

This may sound retarded but there are some good things about Cancer. Like it makes you appreciate what you have and I not talking about material things; more like ohana, friends and faith. It should not take a disease or illness to make you appreciate family, friends and ones faith but hey sometimes thats they way things work. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I think that might be one of'em. Or maybe thats just with me.
                            ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

thanks to all who are giving prayers for my mom...

Here is an article on how "Pre-op chemotherapy aids young cancer patients"
                              http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061010/...er_children_dc

I really feel sorry for kids that have cancer.... Especially those that have never even had a cigarette in there life...yet still they have gotten cancer for one reason or another.

Children with advanced kidney cancer may suffer fewer long-term side effects and need less treatment if they are given chemotherapy to shrink their tumor before surgery, researchers said on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyLika View Post
                                This may sound retarded
                                I'm sure you did not mean to be so insensitive, but using the term "retarded" in such a manner is not appropriate usage.

Peace and health to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X