• Show
Clear All

Re: Target coming to Hawai'i?

I see Led people.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
      I see Led people.
      Are those people made out of light-emitting diodes, or just followers of Mr. Ka`apana (and aren't they the Led-Heads?)

More popcorn! More wine! (Ech. I forgot, I don't like popcorn any more - and that's a topic for another thread.)

Comment

I used to live a few blocks away from the area they're looking at and I recall the traffic headaches we used to get from the old Salt Lake Costco.

Now that all the construction's done in that area, I'm sure it won't be as congested this time around for the residents of Foster Village/Aliamanu.

I, for one, am a big fan of Target and would much rather spend my money there than K-Mart and Wal-Mart. I've found that the quality of Target's products are better than those of K-Mart and Wal-Mart.

I say BRING IT!

But I wonder what that'll mean for Stadium K-Mart down the road???
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

after I saw this.....

yes very scary and yeah I have heard HORROR stories on their lack of not treating their employees better.

Where I am at the nearest WAL-MART is to fah fo me. It's TARGET (who I happen to work fo at the moment) & K-MART......

The K-MART's here look GHETTO
          I felt like I have stepped into a baaad 1980 nightmare. The vibe just did not make me wanna buy anything and the decor and look just looks saaaaaaaad.
          The workers there don't look like happy campers and when I have to force myself in there like to get cash back and I have to quickly run out from getting dizzy in there!

As for the negatory thoughts of TARGAY... there is some good ones and not so good ones out there. Selections and service vary and depends who you approach. We can always be found with our signature red top and khakhi pants. I have heard that WalMart is tryin to copy us. HELLO!
          Last edited by DannyWilliams; January 31, 2007, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
            OK, how do we make a poll in this thread?

[ ] Target
            [ ] Trader Joe's
            [ ] IKEA
            [ ] Crate & Barrel
            [ ] Bath & Body Works

(I added the last one for my wife who loves that stuff but can't get it.)

Blaine
            Definitely voting for Target and IKEA. Target is needed to fill the puka left when JC Penney pulled out. While the quality of the IKEA furniture isn't world class, it appears to be quite decent. Far better than the ready-to-assemble crap that we're forced to buy at various locations here. We definitely need a store that offers furniture at decent prices. I actually miss the Sears furniture department.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
              Definitely voting for Target and IKEA. Target is needed to fill the puka left when JC Penney pulled out. While the quality of the IKEA furniture isn't world class, it appears to be quite decent. Far better than the ready-to-assemble crap that we're forced to buy at various locations here. We definitely need a store that offers furniture at decent prices. I actually miss the Sears furniture department.
              Am I missing something? How does Target replace JC Penney? Stores like Marshalls would seem a better fit to JCP.

Hawaii could actually use an IKEA. And I'm sure there are plenty who would say enough with the chains but a cheap furniture store would do a lot to cost of living in Hawaii. IKEA's every college student's friend. Cheap but decent furniture.

Comment

Target PREFERS a beeeeg beeg place and the ol JCP space does not cut it. I know cuz I use to shop there.
                They like to BUY & own the space and not pay rent to whoever that holds title to it.

Comment

having a target would be nice. walmart is ghetto. hey does hawaii have a jack n the box???

Comment

Originally posted by lita View Post
                    having a target would be nice. walmart is ghetto. hey does hawaii have a jack n the box???
                    No we don't have Jack-in-Da-Boxes! We live in grass shacks too! Be ready for some changes. Pua ting. And da Big Kahuna is gonna get ya!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've had more than one friend/relative from Ohio who fell in love with Jack In The Box when they came to visit me and tried food from there for the first time. I myself had only tried Jack In The Box Food once when I was in TX many, many years ago before I moved to Hawaii. Sigh...still miss the one that was at the intersection of McCully and Kalakaua...grrr...

http://www.jackinthebox.com/location...ion=5&state=hi

Comment

hey does hawaii have a jack n the box???
                        Depends on the island. Oahu has a good number of them. Kauai doesn't have any at all and I don't know about Maui or the Big Island.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          Depends on the island. Oahu has a good number of them. Kauai doesn't have any at all and I don't know about Maui or the Big Island.
                          Maui has at least one, in Kahului, down by Safeway.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

There used to be a Jack 'N Box in Kona, but it closed awhile back. There is one in Hilo in the Puainako Town Center though.
                            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Cool link, AC. Interesting trivia that Jack In the Box currently has 27 locations in Hawaii. I tried searching MikkeyDeez site for Hawaii locations, but couldn't get a straight answer on count. It doesn't matter. There's enough mainland restaurant chains - whether franchise or corporately-owned - to feed an army of an island.

Like you, I lament the loss of the JITB across 7-11 on Kalakaua. It's still a dump-looking, abandoned site. Sad. I thought Roy's was going to move in there, but they're going to set foot across the Halekulani on the corner of Lewer's and Kalia St..

Too bad Teddy's Bigger Burgers couldn't replace them, like they did at the Kapahulu (Zoo) location. Teddy's would so-rock there!

As for Target, whatever.

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                              I've had more than one friend/relative from Ohio who fell in love with Jack In The Box when they came to visit me and tried food from there for the first time. I myself had only tried Jack In The Box Food once when I was in TX many, many years ago before I moved to Hawaii. Sigh...still miss the one that was at the intersection of McCully and Kalakaua...grrr...

http://www.jackinthebox.com/location...ion=5&state=hi
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                No we don't have Jack-in-Da-Boxes! We live in grass shacks too! Be ready for some changes.
                                Lynn:
                                You maybe don't know this, but Jack-in-the-Box is not a national chain. States in the east, for example, don't have them. So I don't think this was that dumb a question.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X