X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku

Originally posted by mel
    A couple of benefits I can't wait for upon the opening of WalMart Keeaumoku is the fact that a new traffic light will be activated at the intersection of Kanunu St. and Keeaumoku St. Perhaps it will be easier to make left turns once that happens.

Another benefit will be the removal of the ugly utility poles and the burial of the utility cables underground along the WalMart way.
    It might cause more accidents, too. Seems to me (just by observation) that when you have those red lights, the human inclination is to try to beat the red light and whamo! you have a "failure to yield" or "illegal left turn" ticket staring at you (not to mention the cost of the autobody repairs). Underground utility cables ain't that great either. Up here, we bury the cables, someone forgets to mark those on the maps and the next developer comes along and zap! cuts a major power line. Happens to us all the time up here...cable cuts disrupting phone service and electricity for hours on end.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      red lights, the human inclination is to try to beat the red light and whamo! you have a "failure to yield"

Underground utility cables ain't that great either.
      Miulang

aaah, ya can't win fer losin!
      ya screwed if ya do and screwed if ya don't.
      cables, lights,
      no cables, no lights,
      big shops, small shops...

it can be argued each and every thing we bump into on this planet gives us cancer directly or indirectly...
      even religion.
      (no wait. thatss da odda thread, no!?)

Comment

Anything can be deadly.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          Anything can be deadly.

oooh mel.

that was a deadly comment!

(c'mon, 200... c'mon...)

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            It might cause more accidents, too. Seems to me (just by observation) that when you have those panhandlers and theosphists yelling hellfiyah and damnation on Kalakaua...

Miulang
            ya but, ya...but. ya know i just wanna say..

wait. where was I..

Oh yea!
            I wanna tellya that I meet alotta people and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people...

are right!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              oooh mel.

that was a deadly comment!

(c'mon, 200... c'mon...)
              Can this thread also become deadly? Perhaps it may just die before 200.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh... well looks like we just turned a page here.

Only 52 days before WalMart opens.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                  Why do conservatives like myself bother? I thought diversity loved liberals.
                  as far as that goes...
                  I just wanna say this about that:

i think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people in this country are fed up with being told that they're sick and tired.
                  And I'm certainly not

And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Perhaps. "Shoppers" includes a lot of people, me, and as you note, you too! And we certainly "take the time to learn what's going on around them and in the world." So I'd like to think we're not so rare. Lots of stupid people shop at WalMart,
                    ok I'm a shopper. proud to be a shopper. But Im trying to equalize her. I am really trying to stand back a little and be objective and ask.
                    is this anger well placed and justified toward this giant:
                    this monster we like to sarcastically refer to as (snicker) "Wal-mart"?!

or is it actually and simply the fact that a while ago i stubbed my toe industrial strength like and now, the toenail is hangin by a thread. Every have that happen to ya!?
                    Jay zeuz Kee rice!
                    It hurts like a mofo. I mean each and every move you make, ooohhh. it is centered on that lil piggy!
                    and why!?
                    why should that be!?
                    what kind of cruel god made this up?

ok. It may not be (snicker) walmart. Might be the toe. Or hell... could the the GB marzen! or the Blonde Bock!

what say you!?

(mel, yer uptick, now.)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      i think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people in this country are fed up with being told that they're sick and tired.
                      And I'm certainly not

And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!
                      Hmmm... am I sick? Gotta buy some cough drops, but I'll wait for them to go on sale at WalMart.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                        Hmmm... am I sick? Gotta buy some cough drops, but I'll wait for them to go on sale at WalMart.
                        and tires, too.
                        don't ferget tires.
                        they go purdy cheep to at the mart of wal.

Comment

For tires, I actually like the service of Lex Brodie's. I been a Lex Brodie's customer for many years and they're located close enough to where I work that when I drop off my car, I can just simply walk to work. WalMart is a bit too far from work for me to do that. Plus I never used their automotive services before.

I only like buying consumer products such as clothes, some household goods, perhaps some grocery items and electronics stuff from WalMart.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                            For tires, I actually like the service of Lex Brodie's.

me too.
                            but
                            i wuz jokin

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                              Another benefit will be the removal of the ugly utility poles and the burial of the utility cables underground along the WalMart way.
                              I wonder in attempting to bury the cables they came across this latest set of bones?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                I wonder in attempting to bury the cables they came across this latest set of bones?

I hear they are gettin' lazy and layin cable thru lava tubes running through and under the Kanupa/Kohala boulder fields...

Comment

Working...
                                X