X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku

Originally posted by kimo55
    ya but, ya...but. ya know i just wanna say..

wait. where was I..

Oh yea!
    I wanna tellya that I meet alotta people and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people...

are right!
    Eh Mel, no go put words insai my mouth! I neva wen go say anything about da Bible thumpers on Kalakaua. Last time I wen holoholo down Waikiki side, only had Japanese tourists all over da place!

One more thing to ponder: you're dying from the moment you are conceived. So when you're finally born, you'd better make the most of your life because your days are numbered!

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2004, 05:46 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Eh Mel, no go put words insai my mouth! I neva wen go say anything about da Bible thumpers on Kalakaua. Last time I wen holoholo down Waikiki side, only had Japanese tourists all over da place!

One more thing to ponder: you're dying from the moment you are conceived. So when you're finally born, you'd better make the most of your life because your days are numbered!

Miulang
      What does this have to do with me if you're quoting Kimo?
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Only 51 days left till WalMart Keeaumoku opens.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          What does this have to do with me if you're quoting Kimo?
          After I posted it, I realized that the bugga was wrong. Was Kimo who put words in my mouth!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I don't consider burial as Judeo-Christian or western for that matter. The indians of America buried their dead, Hawaiians buried their dead (duh), Chinese, Japanese, Korean bury their dead. This isn't limited to Western or Christian beliefs.

I don't think I'd want my ashes scattered in the air. My remains could land anywhere unacceptable like trapped in some car air filter or worse yet breathed up the nose of some crackhead wandering the streets looking for trouble.

Cremation and urned is what I'd like. My ashes in a clean container all in one place.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

If I had money, I would not mind having my ashes blasted into space and crashed into the sun for further incineration. Do they sell urns at WalMart? I would need a cheap one.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel Mel Mel come on we all know that your space ship would be incinerated near Mercury's orbital path before being sucked into the irreversable gravitational pull of Sol. You and your ashes would be, "Lost in Space"

Now if Hawaiians made burning and the scattering of ashes common practice, then the entire shoreline of the Hawaiian Islands should be protected as the shores would be the ultimate burial grounds for Auntie and Uncle. So the next time you get sand up your crack from body boarding at Sandy's, better say one prayer and get one Kahuna to bless your ass (maybe a kiss for forgiveness). And protect your okole because it's sacred grounds now.

Comment

Oh yeah this reply represents a hollow attempt to make 200 by midnight tonight! This is reply #158.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                    If I had money, I would not mind having my ashes blasted into space and crashed into the sun for further incineration. Do they sell urns at WalMart? I would need a cheap one.
                    A nice flower pot might work, provided you sealed the top. As a sort of aside, Costco is now test marketing caskets (15 colors, something like $800). No, they don't have actual caskets on the store floor (too much like The Adams Family, methinks) just the pictures ("Imagine yourself beautifully laid out in a burgundy colored metal casket with pink cotton candy 100% rayon liner...)".

OK, #159.

Miulang

Comment

A nice flower pot might work, provided you sealed the top. As a sort of aside, Costco is now test marketing caskets (15 colors, something like $800). No, they don't have actual caskets on the store floor (too much like The Adams Family, methinks) just the pictures ("Imagine yourself beautifully laid out in a burgundy colored metal casket with pink cotton candy 100% rayon liner...)".

OK, #159.

Miulang

Imagine yourself dead. Surrounded by real satin! enclosed within an airtight waterproof capsule, all the better for preserving yer worthless ass for time and all eternity.
                      Yes, you too, have the ability, even after death, to continue to take up valuable real estate and have your loved ones also continue to care for you and your periodic flower needs! Even after the actual "you" are long gone to some other "place", hopefully better!

Comment

A nice flower pot might work, provided you sealed the top.

Miulang
                        boy. this is really turning into an inexpensive, do it yerself, hands on kinda thing:

YOU seal the top of yer own urn containing yer own ashes.!

Comment

Imagine yourself dead. Surrounded by real satin! enclosed within an airtight waterproof capsule, all the better for preserving yer worthless ass for time and all eternity.
                          Yes, you too, have the ability, even after death, to continue to take up valuable real estate and have your loved ones also continue to care for you and your periodic flower needs! Even after the actual "you" are long gone to some other "place", hopefully better!
                          You know what they say about funerals, right? That they're observances held for the benefit of the survivors, not the deceased, who could really give a rat's patootie about what happens after that last breath is exhaled.

Now Kimo, how we going get dis ting back to WalMart and ancient bones, anden?

Miulang

Eh, and no go put words insai my mouth, yeah? I tink I already in plenny enough trouble.

Comment

Eh, and no go put words insai my mouth, yeah?
                            how i wen do dat arready, befoh, ehvah in my life!?

Comment

You know what they say about funerals, right? That they're observances held for the benefit of the survivors, not the deceased, who could really give a rat's patootie about what happens after that last breath is exhaled.
                              too true.
                              all reading i have done (and it has been extensive) (from books NOT bought at Wal-Mart on Keeaumoku) on the subject of OOBE's confirms the same;
                              those OOB, along with the requisite feeling of calm and equanimity unlike that experienced anytime IN the body, also convey a total dissattachement to any emotion or value put on the old worn out physical vessel. And try to communicate, (while leaving...) hey. I'm here. Not there! Ignore that! Don't bother with it! (and basically feel it should return to the 4 elements wiki wiki!...)

Comment

how i wen do dat arready, befoh, ehvah in my life!?
                                Eh, go spock #140 in this thread. Da part you wen quote. I neva wen go say dat stuff about da theosophists, anden! And if not you, den we get one OBAKE on this thread...ooooh...maybe da bones of da kanaka maiole wen go put one bachi on this thread! what you think?

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X