The Ala Wai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ala Wai

I'm pretty sure they filled it with water from the canal to get it to sink. If it was displacing canal water at all, it would've done it last week.
    From my understanding... I believe it was flushed with another source of water slowly at a very slow pace...

Now... I believe the snake maybe just vacant air space taking up room in the ala wai...until it is used as a temporary sewer line...unless they are diverting ala wai water into that in the meantime...but from what I could see of the construction...I don't think that is happening....

If it was filled with water...theyr'e wouldn't be a need to anchor it down!

when it is used...it will be used as a sewer line....not as a supplemental flow for the ala wai water.

The ala wai wasn't built for a sewer line of this size and proportion...

The pipe, which is four feet in diameter, will soon be hooked up to existing sewer lines in Waikiki to serve the temporary diversion of wastewater while the city replaces aging pipes and pumps.
    So were adding the 4 feet of diameter of piping of sewer water to the already filled Ala Wai...

It just doesn't make sense. (and neither do I sometimes...)

But I sure am glad I'm on the second floor of a location near the Ala Wai... I see this as an accident waiting to happen...
    Last edited by damontucker; July 22, 2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Eh Manoa, I think this is your blue jellyfish's cousin...they found one more blue jellyfish at Waikiki today (it made it to CNN video today). You can go visit your cuz in the Waikiki Aquarium.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I knew I wasn't seeing things.... Mine wasn't quite that big... however, it was the same color!

Finally some validation for my avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoMBFmkBsGI

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5joRyeGKyc

Just noticed that the Blue Jellyfish video link I posted before is no longer working... this is the correct one.

Comment

Working...
          X