Dentist Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dentist Recommendations?

Anyone in Kailua should go see Martin Oishi in the Kailua Professional Bldg.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      How appropriate!!! Was that location part of Doc Uchida's business plan? If so, it was a great one!
      Good point-- there's a whole suite of pediatric dentists and our kid's pediatrician in that same building...
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

mahalo for the recommendation!
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

You don't want to know my dentist here in England. She has a weird sense of humour and always makes my appointments for 2.30 (tooth hurty.)

Comment

hi this is sansei and first in response to kanahina,for pediatric dentist,i would suggest my former pediatric dentist,his name is dr sueda in the ala moana building is he first tell's your child what he'll do and he make's it as painless as possible trust me is he's good,in response to manoasurfer 123,i suggest my dentist dr higa who's also in the same building and i believe he's on the 9th floor and he's a very repubutile dentist is he tell's you what he'll do and if you say ok,he'll do it and he's a fair person and i like him and his number if you may wish to speak with him,you may look him up in the phone book and look under dr higa and if you find him and if you speak with him,

he'll give you a fair price and he first take's a number of photo's of your teeth and then if he find's anything,he'll tell you what you have and then he'll have you make another appointment and then he'll fix what problem's you have so i hope it work's out for you.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and my dentist name is dr james higa on the 9th floor and dr dean sueda is on a higher floor only not remember the number of his floor so i hope you both have luck if you may wish to visit one former dentist and my current dentist.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Does anyone know of a Honolulu dentist that does income-based/sliding scale billing? I've been up all night with a throbbing toothache that I fear could be my wisdom teeth acting up. My HMSA student insurance doesn't include dental, and their optional dental plan only covers preventative care so it wouldn't really help much in this situation anyway.
                Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

hi i go to my dentist in for myself he charge's$89 one for cleaning and with in 6 month's later.he'd charge for myself the same price since he doesnt take insurance and he does it since i've been his paitent for a long time and if you may wish to know his name.his name is james higa and he's a regular dentist and he's in the ala moana building and he's on i believe the 19th floor so you'd have catch the ala moana bus or the country express bus,

which under the sign would say ala moana so if you may wish to visit him,please share with him that you heard it from a rumor about him so i hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                    Does anyone know of a Honolulu dentist that does income-based/sliding scale billing?
                    I need this info too, please.

Also, are there any dentists on Oahu that do crowns same day, in-office? I have a crown thats falling off, and due to its location, I cant wait 2 weeks for a crown to come in.
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I don't know if it's further than you're willing to travel TG but I did find the Kalihi Palama Health Center which offers dental work on a sliding scale. I haven't gone down there yet because my tooth issues seem to be wavering off and on, but if you do go let me know what you think.
                      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Doctor Russell Masunaga...and he does a radio show on KHVH AM 830. He was my dentist until I moved to the Big Island and I was his show producer. He's in the First Interstate building on N. King street, farther out than Ala Moana but on the bus line. He's familiar with the latest and the greatest in dental care and he's reasonable. He also is well-versed in pediatric dental care having done five of my six boys from newborn thru adulthood. If you pick Russell, tell him Craig sent you. He also has a facebook page under his name, so he's accessable thru social media as well as a call in listener to answer any of your dental questions. He's good. His whole family are dentists, so when I moved to the Big Island he recommended his cousin Dr. Keith Yamakawa who is also a great dentist with excellent bedside manners and has continued dental care for my boys including the sixth who was born in Hilo. My fifth boy was born at Kapiolani Medical center and his first screams were broadcast live on KHVH on Dr. Masunaga's show. I got it on tape!
                        Last edited by craigwatanabe; May 26, 2010, 12:54 AM.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Doctor Russell Masunaga...and he does a radio show on KHVH AM 830. He was my dentist until I moved to the Big Island and I was his show producer. He's in the First Interstate building [...]
                          Hmmm...does he have a relative in that same building who's an orthodontist? That last name sounds familiar and my kids orthodontist appts. were in that building...in the early 1980s!

Comment

He sounds great, and I think Ive heard his show before, too! Can he do same day in office crowns??

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                              He sounds great, and I think Ive heard his show before, too! Can he do same day in office crowns??
                              Give his office a call, TG!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Give his office a call, TG!
                                I know, I know! Im just going thru a whole lot over the past week, changing out utilities, mailbox, computer crap, etc...and I was hoping that this one thing might be easy-peasy. Sorry so lazy?

Comment

Working...
                                X