Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My worst nightmare has came true

Doc -

If that serial Bank robber can get busted by the fingerprints that were left on randsom notes...

Then maybe Fingerprints can be lifted off the Bogus Bills...(and I would assume the only fingerprints on them would be that of the perpetrator...yours...and now possibly your boss's...)

If the person has commited previous offenses...then more than likely they will have the guys fingerprints on File.

You really need to call the police ASAP.
    Last edited by damontucker; October 6, 2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      You really need to call the police ASAP.
      ...or just wait until you can use the bills to buy the cops some ice cream. (KIDDING! I'm kidding!)

Comment

[QUOTE=doc1456;107230]It was either that, or donate my laptop to be sold (which I bought it for $200 - and with the upgrades its probably closer to $300 - and the LCD is working!).

I wanna chime in here - it's NOT your responsibility, you did your best and you got conned by a forger. This is not your fault.

Even if your boss is your friend, as the business owner it is his responsibility to (1. Have a forgery pen available for you to use, and (2. Make sure you're trained in how to spot a forgery.

After that, your responsibility is just to do your best. But the business owner has to give you the right tools to do it.

Please don't give away your money or your computer just because your boss didn't have a forgery pen available for you! Especially if you're already working for less money just because he's your friend.

Without the pen anybody would probably have taken the money, it's not YOUR fault. And this is a risk your boss takes as the cost of being in business; he'll get it back from insurance or take a loss off his taxes.

Just mho. Bless ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          ...or just wait until you can use the bills to buy the cops some ice cream. (KIDDING! I'm kidding!)
          Bold it Leo!!!!hahahahaha

Adrian he's KIDDING

I can juss see it now. Ok. No make FuN. Not Funny.
          (sorry, I laughing at one picture Nacho sent me!)

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This may help you to understand if your employer may withhold wages as punishment:
            http://hawaii.gov/labor/law/poster/2006/wage.pdf

The poster does not speak specifically to counterfit currency, and I don't know the specifics of your situation beyond what you have described, but you might explain it to the DLIR people who answer the phone number on that poster. Good luck.

Comment

Okay, so howcome you guys get your quote highlighted and outlined, but when I pushed the quote button all I got was text? See me above, quoting doc. Still don't have the hang a the dang thang....

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy View Post
                Okay, so howcome you guys get your quote highlighted and outlined, but when I pushed the quote button all I got was text? See me above, quoting doc. Still don't have the hang a the dang thang....
                You erased the bottom ....[/QUOTE]
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy View Post
                  Suppose to come out. Just make sure at the end of the quote this appears. [/QUOTE] It should work. Go try.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
                    This may help you to understand if your employer may withhold wages as punishment:
                    http://hawaii.gov/labor/law/poster/2006/wage.pdf

The poster does not speak specifically to counterfit currency, and I don't know the specifics of your situation beyond what you have described, but you might explain it to the DLIR people who answer the phone number on that poster. Good luck.
                    I hope Doc takes the time to read your link you sent Poin...

From what I read... Doc legally does not have to have his wages reduced because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Adrian, Call 911 and ask for police to make a report. An Officer will come by. As for the person...if he is "stupid" enough to come again, do not engage in any form of a fight with him. People like him are very dangerous. It could cause you ~ your LIFE. If he does come ~ Yell at the top of your lungs, anything to draw attention so others can know you need HELP if possible. But never get close to him!

Auntie Lynn
                      i absolutely agree with auntie...make the police report, and expect a visit from the secret service...there was a similar case recently, in the past year i reckon, of someone passing fake bills at the safeway on the pali...it's a serious matter, doc, as you seem to be well aware...
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Re: Counterfeit - My worst nightmare

Adrian...I suspect you're feeling a bit guilty and want to do right by your employer/friend so my hunch is the 'repayment' is your idea...something to make you feel better about the situation. Whether I'm right or wrong, you're not the first or the last person to be conned by a counterfeiter. Any business is susceptible. Hopefully your employer/friend uses it as a wake-up call to have procedures in place. He was so lucky that it was only $200. It could've been much worse. But, yah, like others have said...it wasn't your fault.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Adrian...I suspect you're feeling a bit guilty and want to do right by your employer/friend so my hunch is the 'repayment' is your idea...something to make you feel better about the situation. Whether I'm right or wrong, you're not the first or the last person to be conned by a counterfeiter. Any business is susceptible. Hopefully your employer/friend uses it as a wake-up call to have procedures in place. He was so lucky that it was only $200. It could've been much worse. But, yah, like others have said...it wasn't your fault.
                          I know everyone has second/third/fourth thoughts after an event happened, and that's what I'm going through right now. I can only do whats in my own power to make this situation better.

Oh, and I did go to the police after I closed the shop, and filled out a police report. The officer also suggested that we have a security camera, and log every purchase with a name, address, contact number, etc, so I a lot of shopping to do this weekend.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Your boss didn't accept your offer to pay the $200 out of your paycheck right?

Comment

I dont understand why you have to do shopping. Does he have a procedure in place to check the bills for counterfeit? Fisher Hawaii sells the pens for under $5. I bought 2 and they lasted over 3 years. I used to check $50's and up, but I've been to supermarkets that check anything over $20. I've never found a counterfeit.

I can also think of worse nightmares, but they involve nacho cheese, tire chains, a teddy bear, inkjet cartridges and george w bush.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                                Your boss didn't accept your offer to pay the $200 out of your paycheck right?
                                He haven't said anything about it so far.

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                                I dont understand why you have to do shopping. Does he have a procedure in place to check the bills for counterfeit? Fisher Hawaii sells the pens for under $5. I bought 2 and they lasted over 3 years. I used to check $50's and up, but I've been to supermarkets that check anything over $20. I've never found a counterfeit.
                                It was about $3 when I bought it today.
                                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                                X