Do You Skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Skype?

you can use it like any IM program, as well as use the voice chat, you just need a mic and earphones or a headset. It is free to use for chat and voice to to use to make calls, there is a charge...
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

since i only have a cell phone and no landline, i started using Skype a bit it's great. i also can use it to place calls to any landline and it's only like $.02/min

my skype is : oahubrian
      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        you can use it like any IM program, as well as use the voice chat, you just need a mic and earphones or a headset. It is free to use for chat and voice to to use to make calls, there is a charge...
        So there is a charge for computer to landline calls. Is there a charge for computer to computer calls? That's probably waht we'd being doind most of. We already have IM...but it's nice to hear each others voices, too
        Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. - Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm giving Skype another shot in an effort to be more social. My Skype name is mkdwyer. Tattrat, I tried to add you, but Skype couldn't find you. Have you given it up?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

sorry; haven't read the previous threads but just thought i'd mention that skype is awesome and i use it just to communicate with my good friend who recently moved to thailand (retired). sure beats paying international calling rates!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

LOL I saw the title of this thread and thought, "well, I dunno....let me check dictionary.com and then I'll know if I do, or not."
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I Skype.
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Haven't run Skype in a long while. I think the last version of Skype I used did not run very well on my Mac. I may have to revert back to an older one.

That said, I have used Apple's iChat. My user name through AOL instant messenger is macprohawaii.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Skype has been working well for us, I've only used it to call family and PZ. If you need me: l.p.neenz.faleafine
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

*bump*
                      I wanna try Skype in the hopes of getting both spawn and the 3 mo`opuna on board for video chats. I've never done any type of messaging, be it computer or cell phone! I know that the only way I'll get my kids to participate is for me to get it up and running then be able to talk them thru it. Neither has the time to do their own research and figure it out for themselves.

While at the Apple Store yesterday I asked an employee if, instead of buying a web cam, I could use my Flip camera or any of my other dv cameras. He said 'yes' and he has friends who use both types with Skype . I just googled the subject and read that Flips can't be used as web cams.

What say you, you techie wonderkids?! Both my kids and I each have Flips. It would be nice not to have to invest in additional equipment. I have a Powerbook. My kids have PCs. If that makes any difference! Big mahalo!

Comment

Get the new powerbooks with built in cams and give the old ones and flip cams to me.
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I skyped for the first time in 3 or 4 years last thursday. Amazingly smooth!

AIM, Skype, and Oovoo: mistermiranda
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            *bump*
                            I wanna try Skype
                            Tutu, I used to use Skype but changed over to Yahoo Instant Messenger. Yahoo is half the cost per minute than Skype, and Yahoo to Yahoo is free. They both work equally well.

The quality of your connection to either Skype or Yahoo depends on the strength of your Internet connection. If you want to use video, you need to have a very strong signal, the higher the speed the better.

monomanumonu'ia
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              [...]Yahoo is half the cost per minute than Skype, and Yahoo to Yahoo is free.[...]If you want to use video, you need to have a very strong signal, the higher the speed the better.[...]
                              I thought skype to skype calls were free. Not so?
                              Is DSL adequate?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I thought skype to skype calls were free. Not so?
                                Is DSL adequate?
                                I believe that Skype computer to Skype computer calls are free, but that means you have to both be on the computer at the same time, so it takes some pre-planning.

I have had mixed results with DSL. I have never used video with any program, so cannot comment.
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X